35 Assisted Living Facilities near Raytown, MO
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Raytown area, with 3 in Raytown and 32 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Raytown is $2,342 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 125 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Raytown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Raytown 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lees Summit with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Raytown, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Raytown, MO
32 Assisted Living Facilities near Raytown, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Raytown
As a suburb of Kansas City, Missouri, Raytown has a population of over 29,000 people, with 16 percent of those residents being 65 or older. Those who can no longer live independently may find comfort in an assisted living facility where they can receive help with daily tasks like housekeeping and personal care.
There are 35 assisted living facilities in the area and three residences in Raytown. In Missouri, including Raytown, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services oversees and licenses assisted living facilities (ALFs).
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Raytown
- Raytown seniors and their families will notice some tax savings in Missouri. The state doesn't tax Social Security retirement benefits for seniors making less than $85,000 per year. Missouri also offers relatively low property taxes.
- There is limited bus service available in the area. Ride KC offers five bus routes that can help seniors navigate the community and even take a day trip up to Kansas City. Buses run each day with limited hours on the weekends.
- Winters are cool without becoming frigid with daytime temperatures rarely falling below freezing. Sometimes, residents enjoy the snow but it's usually less than an inch. Summers get hot with the daily temperatures in the high 80s. Spring and fall provide beautiful weather for seniors who enjoy the outdoors.
- The Raytown area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Kansas City.
- Seniors should stay alert in this community since the overall crime rate is 96 percent higher than the national average and 60 percent higher than the rest of Missouri. Property crimes make up the bulk of the crimes committed in the area, so seniors and their families might want to take care to lock doors and windows.
- Seniors with a limited budget can stretch their income in Raytown with an overall cost of living that's 10 percent lower than the national average and three percent lower than Missouri's average. The cost of housing is 37 percent lower than the national average, making it a good option for a senior on a fixed income.
Paying for Assisted Living in Raytown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Raytown start around $2,342 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Raytown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Raytown
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Raytown
Raytown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Raytown, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
The 10 Best Assisted Living Communities in Raytown Area
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Raytown
Raytown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Raytown, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Raytown
Review of Hidden Lake Care Center
My grandmother is in Hidden Lake and it is fine. The buildings are beautiful. The custodian services keep it very nice and clean. It is pet friendly, too, and that's what I like about it. I have ha... Read more
Review of Hidden Lake Care Center
We visited Hidden Lake and it was not as modern as I had expected, but the people seemed to be very nice. It needed some repairs. This was the assisted living part that we looked at. Theres a pull... Read more
Review of Bickford of Raytown
The rooms were nice at Bickford of Raytown; the dining area was great. The residents were really friendly people, and everybody looked happy. The community was very clean. They had exercise rooms, ... Read more