23 Assisted Living Facilities near Lees Summit, MO
There are 23 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lees Summit area, with 4 in Lees Summit and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lees Summit is $4,050 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Raytown with an average starting cost of $2,342.
To help you with your search, browse the 92 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lees Summit. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lees Summit 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Grandview with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lees Summit, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in Lees Summit, MO
19 Assisted Living Facilities near Lees Summit, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lees Summit
In 2011, a study by Sperling's Best Places ranked Lee's Summit ninth on a list of the Best U.S. Cities for Seniors. According to its authors, the study considered factors including health care, transportation and the environment when determining its ranking.
For seniors who are considering moving into an assisted living community in the Lee's Summit area, several options are available, including four within the city limits and 31 more in nearby towns such as Grandview, Blue Spring and Belton. The state of Missouri licenses these communities as assisted living facilities (ALFs) and residential care facilities (RCFs). While they provide similar services, RCFs are for residents who can evacuate in an emergency without assistance, while ALFs are for residents who may require help to reach safety.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lees Summit
- Lee's Summit usually has mild winters; however, seniors who choose to live here should also be prepared for hot, humid summers that have an average high temperature of 88 degrees Fahrenheit.
- While the overall cost of living in Lee's Summit is about 6 percent above the national average, much of the difference is due to the price of housing. Seniors living in assisted living communities can expect to save money in some categories. Groceries, for instance, are 7.1 percent cheaper than the national average.
- Tax-savvy retirees should bear in mind that in Missouri, all types of retirement income, including Social Security retirement benefits, 401(k) withdrawals and pensions, may be subject to a full or partial state tax.
- Lee's Summit offers a variety of local cultural attractions of interest to seniors. For example, Lee's Summit Arts Council helps organize and coordinate ongoing art programming for all ages. History buffs can explore the Lee's Summit History Museum, while those who prefer live entertainment can catch a show at the city's Legacy Park Amphitheater.
- The Lee's Summit area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lee's Summit Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lee's Summit has an array of community resources for seniors, including the local AARP, an organization that offers practical advice and activities, as well as one senior center.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lees Summit
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Lees Summit start around $4,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lees Summit and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lees Summit
Unlike many states, Missouri doesn't have a Medicaid waiver program that helps offset the costs of assisted living services. Instead, the state helps eligible seniors pay for personal care services in ALFS and RCFS as part of its Medicaid State Plan Personal Care authority. The state also has an Optional State Supplement (OSS) which some assisted living residents may qualify for.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lees Summit
Lees Summit and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lees Summit, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lees Summit
Lees Summit-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Lees Summit, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lees Summit
Review of Addington Place of Lee's Summit
Addington Place of Lee's Summit was nice, clean, and beautiful. It's on a smaller scale and it's all one level. I could walk to my husband's doctors and the hospital from where the facility is. Eve... Read more
Review of Cross Creek at Lee's Summit
Cross Creek at Lee's Summit is a newer place and not nearly full. Overall, it's a very clean, a nice place, and the staff is very friendly. This community is our first choice. Read more
Review of John Knox Village Care Center
We looked at the one-bedroom apartments at John Knox Village and they seemed to be fairly spacious. They have two windows, one in the bedroom and one in the living area, a big bathroom, and the clo... Read more