The 10 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Raymore, MO for 2023
Also serving communities of Pleasant Hill, Harrisonville.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Raymore area, with 4 in Raymore and 17 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Raymore is $4,950 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,870. Cheaper nearby regions include Belton with an average starting cost of $3,300.
To help you with your search, browse the 115 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Raymore. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Raymore 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Belton with an average rating of 3.9 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Raymore, call (855) 863-8283.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Raymore, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Raymore
Raymore has been called one of the fastest-growing cities in Missouri. That being said, Raymore is still a small town at heart, with regular farmers markets and other outdoor, community-minded activities for its residents. Seniors who would like to move to Raymore can choose from 18 assisted living facilities in the area, with two of these being in Raymore. In Raymore, as in the rest of Missouri, these facilities are regulated by the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Raymore
- The cost of living in Raymore is 8.0 percent higher than the Missouri average, perhaps because it is such a rapidly developing city. However, it is 3.0 percent lower than the national average, meaning that many things are still more affordable here than in other cities around the country.
- The crime rate in Raymore 26 percent lower than the national average, making Raymore a relatively safe place to call home.
- The Raymore area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Belton Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The weather in Raymore can be problematic at times. While temperatures stay mild for most of the year, with summers that aren't too hot and winters that aren't too cold, Raymore gets a large amount of precipitation per year. The month of May, for example, sees 15.5 inches of rain on average. Also, the average low in January is 24 degrees.
- The air quality in Raymore is 16 percent worse than the national average. However, the pollution levels in the city are 63 percent better than the rest of the country, so seniors may find that, for the most part, they can breathe easier here than in other places.
- There are several transportation options available for seniors in the Raymore area. One of these is OATS Transportation, a not-for-profit organization, which offers rides to the elderly and disabled via regularly scheduled routes.
Paying for Assisted Living in Raymore
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Raymore start around $4,950 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Raymore and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Raymore
Eligible seniors can apply for financial assistance for assisted living via Missouri's Medicaid program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Raymore
Raymore and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Raymore, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Raymore
Raymore-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Raymore, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Raymore
Review of Foxwood Springs
Foxwood Springs seemed okay. It's an easily accessible location. They have a cafe inside that residents can go to when they're guests, but they do have to pay for it. If it's a resident, it's just ... Read more
Review of Benton House of Raymore
I loved Benton House of Raymore. If I ever need assisted living, that's where I want to go. It is lovely. Their food is cooked in-house by a chef. We got to eat lunch there, and it was delicious. T... Read more
Review of Foxwood Springs
Mother was a resident for years in independent living apartments. Due to falling incidents she had to move to assisted living. (Be forewarned - Foxwood has NO qualified medical staff that respond... Read more