4 Assisted Living Facilities in West Plains, MO
Also serving communities of Willow Springs, Alton, Cabool.
The average cost of assisted living in West Plains is $3,750 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 1 review below for assisted living facilities in West Plains. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Plains 4.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Plains, call (855) 863-8283.
4 Assisted Living Facilities in West Plains, MO
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Plains
In the Heart of the Ozarks, West Plains is a vibrant community with picturesque views and an abundance of leisure opportunities. Home to just over 12,000 residents, West Plains offers a small-town feel, while still providing access to big-city amenities.
The West Plains area is home to 15 facilities to serve the city's 19.6% senior population with daily assistance and care services. In West Plains, and throughout Missouri, these communities are known as assisted living facilities (ALFs) or residential care facilities (RCFs), all of which are licensed by a division of Missouri's Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Plains
- Seniors in West Plains can enjoy a relatively pleasant climate throughout the year. While winters can be a little chilly, the area gets very little snowfall, and summers are warm with temperatures reaching a high of 89 degrees. Overall, the city receives a comfort index score of 7.4 out of 10.
- Not only does West Plains offer a variety of activities for outdoor enthusiasts, the city is home to a variety of cultural attractions and historic sites. Seniors can visit the Harlin Museum, hunt for treasures in the downtown historic district or attend one of the many events held throughout the year.
- The city's low rate of violent crime may be comforting to seniors. At 16.5, it's more than 6 points lower than the U.S. national average. However, property crime is very high in West Plains at a rate of 70.1, compared to the national average of 35.4.
- The average U.S. national rating for overall cost of living is 100, and West Plains scores a 78.9, making it an affordable option for seniors on a tight budget.
- The West Plains area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Ozarks Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Seniors can get around the city on the West Plains Transit System (WPTS). It operates three 16-passenger buses, all of which are accessible. The system runs both a regular route with deviations and a demand response curb-to-curb service within city limits.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Plains
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in West Plains start around $3,750 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Plains and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Plains
To help ease the financial burden of assisted living, seniors in West Plains have access to funding through Missouri's Medicaid State Plan Personal Care authority. MO HealthNet covers the cost of personal care services in both ALFs and RCFs, and provides a monthly cash grant to help with other living expenses. Seniors can also apply for an optional state supplement (OSS) to help pay for room and board.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Plains
West Plains and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Plains, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Plains
West Plains-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Plains
Review of Cedarhurst of West Plains
We toured several rooms and floor plans at Cedarhurst. The community is large. There are several apartments with different floor plans. They have entertainment areas. It looks like a great place. M... Read more