4 Assisted Living Facilities in Poplar Bluff, MO
Also serving communities of Wappapello, Puxico, Bernie.
To help you with your search, browse the 3 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Poplar Bluff. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Poplar Bluff 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Doniphan with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Poplar Bluff, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Poplar Bluff
Poplar Bluff, Missouri, known as the "Gateway to the Ozarks," is home to a national forest, a peaceful lake and beautiful natural attractions that might bring joy to senior citizens. There are four assisted living facilities in the city and two in nearby cities. Assisted living facilities in the state are all regulated, inspected, and licensed by the Department of Health and Senior Services, Section for Long-Term Care Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Poplar Bluff
- Seniors in Poplar Bluff have the benefit of experiencing all seasons. An average of six inches of snow occurs each year. In January, the lows dip to around 25 degrees. Summers are warm and humid with the average highs in July coming in at around 90 degrees.
- The air quality in Poplar Bluff might bother some seniors, especially those who have breathing troubles. Nationally, the air quality index averages 58, but it is 56 in this city.
- The cost of living is probably going to please seniors who are considering Poplar Bluff as their home. While the national cost of living index is 100, Poplar Bluff’s is only 85.8. Despite this stark difference, the cost of health index in Poplar Bluff is 98, which is almost exactly on par with the national index of 100.
- The crime rate is one area that might push some seniors away. Both violent crime and property crime are higher here than across the nation as a whole. For violent crime, the nation’s rate is 31.1, but Poplar Bluff’s is 56.5. For property crime, the national rate is 38.1, but this city’s property crime rate is a shocking 88.3.
- The Bluff Area Transit Service offers bus service for everyone Monday through Saturday with limited hours. Special accommodations are available for people who have disabilities and limited mobility. Four types of stops, transfer stops, always stops, request stops, and deviated stops, ensure seniors can get to where they need to go.
- The Poplar Bluff area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Poplar Bluff Regional Medical Center and Black River Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Poplar Bluff
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Poplar Bluff start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Poplar Bluff and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Poplar Bluff
Seniors in Missouri might be able to cover some of the costs of assisted living with the Aged and Disabled Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Poplar Bluff
Poplar Bluff and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Poplar Bluff, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Poplar Bluff
Poplar Bluff-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Poplar Bluff, MO
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Poplar Bluff
Review of Cedargate Healthcare
Facility is clean, staff is friendly. Lady giving tour was very nice. Does not feel crowded like other facilities. Assisted living part is beautiful, huge rooms. Read more
Review of River Mist
Small, clean, homelike atmosphere that caters to the residents. Everyone is very friendly and personable. They treat us like family. Staff went out of their way to make us feel comfortable and w... Read more
Review of Cedargate Healthcare
Cedargate Nursing Home is a nice place for a lot of elderly people to retire, especially if they can still function on their own. The lobby is nicely furnished, with comfortable furniture and tast... Read more