4 Assisted Living Facilities in Jonesboro, AR
With an average cost of $4,050 in Jonesboro, it’s often difficult to find assisted living communities that provide high-quality care at an affordable price. At Caring.com, our mission is to make this process as smooth and painless as possible, and we’ve helped many families along the way.
This guide provides everything you need to quickly compare communities and narrow your search, including 13 unique reviews from residents and our comprehensive database that gives pricing, amenity information, photos and more on the 4 facilities in Jonesboro.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Jonesboro
Jonesboro, Arkansas is located on Crowley's Ridge in the northeastern part of the state. Seniors here can participate in the town's civic center called the Forum, visit Arkansas State University's museum, fine arts center and indoor sports and entertainment complex as well as The Forrest L. Wood Crowley's Ridge Nature Center.
There are three assisted living communities in Jonesboro and two close by in neighboring Paragould. These are all regulated by the Arkansas Department of Human Services Office of Long-Term Care. These are divided into levels I and II, depending on the care provided. All assisted living facilities in Arkansas must provide 24-hour care for the residents, including housekeeping, laundry, meals, activities and transportation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Jonesboro
- The temperatures in Jonesboro are hot during the summer with the warmest month being July with an average high of 92 degrees. Winters are cold but not usually frigid. The coldest month is January with the average lows around 26 degrees and the average highs near 45 degrees. Wintry precipitation and ice storms are possible but don't occur on a regular basis.
- The air quality in Jonesboro is on par with the national average. It scores 57 on a scale of up to 100 Nationally, the average is 58.
- The overall cost of living in Jonesboro is 87, which is less than the national ranking of 100.
- The crime rate in Jonesboro scores a 5 out of 100, with 100 being the safest. The areas near Arkansas State University and the northern areas of the city near East Nettleton Ave. and South Caraway Road are the most unsafe. The Pleasant Grove and Valley View areas are the safest.
- Jonesboro is home to the JET public transit system. It offers senior citizens a discounted fare on fixed routes. Plus, there is a Paratransit service available to those who need.
- The Jonesboro area is home to world-class medical facilities, including St. Bernard’s Regional Medical Center and NEA Baptist Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illnesses.
Paying for Assisted Living in Jonesboro
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Jonesboro start around $4,050 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Jonesboro and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Jonesboro
Seniors who need financial assistance to pay for assisted living can apply for the Arkansas Medicaid Living Choices Assisted Living Waiver.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Jonesboro
Jonesboro and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Jonesboro, please visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Jonesboro
Jonesboro-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Jonesboro, AR
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Jonesboro
Review of Liberty Park Senior Living of Jonesboro
This place is hands down, the best. The managers are engaged with staff and residents. All of the apartments have private showers and bathrooms. Best bang for your buck! Read more
Review of St Bernards Village
It's been a very good experience at St Bernards Village. Maintenance is great, and the administration addresses needs. The meals are great. There's no real disadvantage living here. There are sever... Read more
Review of St. Bernards Villa
St. Bernards Villa is a gated area. No one can go in without being checked out, so you can't just pop in and be there. My sister-in-law has been there for three months now. She has an area for a co... Read more