2 Assisted Living Facilities in Paragould, AR
Also serving communities of Pocahontas, Blytheville.
To help you with your search, browse the 6 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Paragould. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Paragould 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Paragould, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Paragould
Paragould, Arkanasas is a Main Street community listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Seniors in Paragould may enjoy browsing the downtown historic district or walking through one of Arkansas's oldest parks, Crowley's Ridge State Park.
In Paragould, as in the rest of Arkansas, communities that provide seniors with personal care and assistance with the activities of daily living are officially referred to as Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs). ALFs are classified as Level I or Level II, depending on the number of residents served. The Paragould area has a total of eight ALFs, two are located directly in Paragould while six more are in the surrounding areas of Jonesboro and Kennett.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Paragould
- The cost of living in Paragould is 17.3 percent lower than the US average. Seniors residing in assisted living will notice the most savings on expenses such as health care and transportation.
- Paragould's climate is hot and rather humid. The city sees an average rainfall of 48 inches per year, which is above the national average of 39 inches and has approximately 216 sunny days per year with a summertime high of 91 degrees. This may be a source of discomfort for many senior residents of the area.
- The Paragould area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Arkansas Methodist Medical Center, in case of medical emergencies or illness.
- The American Lung Association has given the air quality in Jonesboro-Paragould a passing grade, meaning the risk of lung disease and other medical problems is low.
- Social security checks in Arkansas are exempt from income tax. Seniors will be able to use these savings to help pay for the cost of assisted living.
- Paragould's crime rates are high and the area is safer than only 4% of other US cities. Residents have a 1 in 175 chance of becoming a victim of a violent crime, and a 1 in 20 chance of becoming a victim of property crime.
Paying for Assisted Living in Paragould
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Arkansas
Assisted Living costs in Paragould start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Paragould and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Paragould
The state of Arkansas pays for the cost of personal care services provided by assisted living facilities under the Living Choices Assisted Living Waiver program, which operates under Medicaid demonstration waiver 1115.
Room and board costs are not covered by this program and seniors do not receive an additional supplement to Supplemental Security Income (SSI) in Arkansas, however, room and board costs are limited for seniors to the cost of their SSI payment less a personal needs allowance of $65.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Paragould
Paragould and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Paragould, please visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Paragould
Paragould-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Arkansas are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Arkansas page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Paragould
Review of Chateau on the Ridge
Chateau on the Ridge is close by, and it is a really nice assisted living facility. It is very clean, and it had a friendly atmosphere. The staff was very helpful in showing me around and explained... Read more
Review of Sunshine Manor Retirement Home
I like that Sunshine Manor has on-staff nurses, and they dispense the medicines. And I like that they will take them to doctor's appointments, they fix all their meals, and they do their laundry. M... Read more
Review of Sunshine Manor Retirement Home
My mother has been a resident here for 4 years. I don't believe the owners or workers could be anymore caring than they already are now. There has been a few problems over the years but every iss... Read more