21 Assisted Living Facilities near Bartlett, TN
Also serving communities of Covington.
There are 21 Assisted Living Facilities in the Bartlett area, with 2 in Bartlett and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Bartlett is $3,375 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 188 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Bartlett. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Bartlett 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 6 families in Bartlett find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Bartlett, call (855) 863-8283.
2 Assisted Living Facilities in Bartlett, TN
19 Assisted Living Facilities near Bartlett, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Bartlett
The city of Bartlett is a northeastern neighborhood of the Memphis metropolitan area of Tennessee and offers residents a quiet, suburban life with easy access to the amenities of a big city. Bartlett was built around a lone stagecoach stop and now boasts the rich Bartlett Station Historic District which offers plenty of dining, shopping and community activities for resident seniors.
Assisted living facilities are referred to as assisted care living facilities (ACLFs) in Tennessee, and they are regulated by the Tennessee Department of Health, Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities. To become an ACLF, a facility must provide room, board and the services necessary for seniors to age in place. There are two assisted living facilities within city limits and 27 more in the surrounding areas.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Bartlett
- Seniors can feel secure knowing violent and property crime rates are lower in Bartlett than the national average and come in at less than half the rate of crime in the Memphis metropolitan area.
- Bartlett's overall cost of living is just slightly higher than the national average, but costs for health care are almost one-third higher than average. Transportation is also on the high end but seniors will save around 10 percent on groceries and miscellaneous expenses.
- Seniors who prefer warmer, rainy days will appreciate the moderate climate in Bartlett. The area sees an average high of 91 degrees Fahrenheit in July, and average lows dip down to 30 degrees in January. Rainfall averages 53 inches annually, compared to the national average of 39 inches.
- The Bartlett area has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital located in Memphis.
- Bartlett is served by the Memphis Area Transit Authority (MATA), and seniors can take advantage of reduced fares using a valid MATA ID card.
- As part of Shelby County, Bartlett has received an "F" rating for the number of high ozone days, which could be a concern for seniors who are sensitive to air quality issues.
Paying for Assisted Living in Bartlett
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Bartlett start around $3,210 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Bartlett and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Bartlett
TennCare is the Tennessee Medicaid program and offers a Home and Community-Based Services (HCBS) waiver called CHOICES, which provides financial assistance to seniors who need nursing home care but would prefer assisted living options. The CHOICES program helps offset the cost of services necessary to keep seniors out of nursing homes, with some services designated as consumer-directed, allowing seniors to choose friends and family members as personal care attendants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Bartlett
Bartlett and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Bartlett, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Bartlett
Bartlett-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Bartlett
Review of Elmcroft of Bartlett
We chose the Elmcroft of Bartlett for our mother, and we love the place. She's in the assisted living level and the staff members there are wonderful and really good. She's in a studio, it's really... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Bartlett
Elmcroft of Bartlett was very nice. The staff was very friendly. The place was very clean. It's a smaller facility, and the rooms were a little small, but they were well-maintained and updated. The... Read more
Review of Elmcroft of Bartlett
I visited Elmcroft, and the rooms were smaller, but very nice. It was very clean. The staff was fine, very nice, and seemed to be happy. They had a patio and grounds. Read more