22 Assisted Living Facilities near Collierville, TN
Also serving communities of Somerville.
There are 22 Assisted Living Facilities in the Collierville area, with 2 in Collierville and 20 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Collierville is $3,900 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Olive Branch with an average starting cost of $3,760.
To help you with your search, browse the 203 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Collierville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Collierville 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Bartlett with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Collierville, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Collierville, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Collierville
The site of several notable battles during the Civil War, the city of Collierville is now a modern suburb of Memphis that's home to more than 6,000 people aged 65 and over. For those seniors who require assisted living services, there are two facilities located directly in the city limits, along with an additional 21 facilities located nearby.
In the state of Tennessee, including Collierville, these facilities are officially recognized as Assisted Care Living Facilities (ACLF) and Residential Homes for the Aged. These communities are licensed and regulated by the Tennessee Department of Health.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Collierville
- The cost of living in Collierville is 23.6 percent above the national average of 100 and 27.4 percent higher than the average for Tennessee. Families looking for more affordable assisted living may find less expensive options in other areas of the state.
- Seniors may find assisted living in Collierville more affordable because of Tennessee's friendly tax policies for seniors. The state does not have a standard income tax, meaning Social Security and all income from retirement accounts is not taxed at the state level. The only state-level taxes that may affect seniors is interest and dividend income.
- The rate of both violent and property crime in Collierville is very low, giving many seniors in the community a sense of safety and security. The violent crime rate is 13.6 points below the national average of 22.7, and the property crime rate is 9.1 points below the national average of 35.4.
- With 55 inches of rain and 216 sunny days per year, Collierville experiences a wide range of weather conditions. In July, temperatures reach above 90 degrees, so seniors should be cautious about going outside during the summer.
- Seniors in Collierville, which is in Shelby County, don't have to worry too much about particle pollution, but they should be aware of potentially high ozone levels. The American Lung Association gives the county a passing grade for annual particle pollution and an F for ozone. High ozone can cause serious respiratory and cardiovascular problems.
- The Collierville area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Baptist Memorial Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Note: Data on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Collierville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Collierville start around $3,900 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Collierville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Collierville
For seniors who qualify for Medicaid, the TennCare CHOICES in Long-Term Care Program may provide some funding for assisted living services.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Collierville
Collierville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Collierville, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Collierville
Collierville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Collierville
Review of Hearthside Senior Living of Collierville
My brother-in-law moved into Hearthside Senior Living of Collierville. We really loved the community, and it's a great place. They're very caring people, and every time we're out there, they're the... Read more
Review of Hearthside Senior Living of Collierville
Culpepper Place is very new, so everything is spotless, and anything that is wrong, they are adjusting or making fixes because they just opened a few months ago. Their dining area was very nice, an... Read more
Review of Schilling Gardens
My parents moved into Schilling Gardens last April. The community is not too large and not too small, convenient to my home, and seems fine. The staff has a very good working attitude and is caring... Read more