Foxbridge

Reviews of Foxbridge

Assisted Living Reviews for Foxbridge

April 29, 2014

By Milacal

I placed my mom at Foxbridge Assisted Living in the Memory Care unit about 3 weeks ago. It is too soon to give a comprehensive review, but I am pleased with the care my mom is receiving so far. They are a very caring group. I chose Foxbridge after I had visited two other facilities that I liked very much. Foxbridge was much closer to home, I liked the home-like atmosphere, and the beautiful setting. Most of all on my one and only visit prior to placing my mom there, I observed and spoke with many of the staff. They were engaged with the residents and seemed to really care for them. This has been the case after my mom moved in. They call you if there is a problem. They don't mind how many times you call to find out how your relative is. They were very encouraging and understanding to me also and helped me to get through a very, very difficult transition. I would recommend this facility and they probably deserve 5 stars but I will reserve that for future review when I know more

October 15, 2013

I liked the way that Foxbridge Assisted Living Community was set up for the individual person that was there. They seemed to have it organized where people who are alike as far as mental capacity were together. Then, they had a lot of activities and it was like a home; it was like a group home. My aunt was comfortable when we left her there. She was meeting people and getting relatively acclimated very well. The staff seemed to really care. Everyone we met knows all the residents, the residents know all the various staff members and all the staff members would call the residents by their names.

March 21, 2013

I would recommend Foxbridge Assisted Living Community because the staff was caring and good. And they were compassionate towards the residents. The rooms were also large and spacious.

September 04, 2012

By Mamiegirl

When my father needed a higher level of care for complications of Alzheimer's disease we went to a facility near our home and asked if they could handle Alzheimer's victims. It was clear early on they were not prepared for the level of care he needed and we found Fox Acres (now Foxbridge). On the front end, Fox Acres techniques were harsh and uncaring: 1. Upon admission we could not see Daddy for 30 days. 2. We had to start calling him Jack not Daddy, Grandaddy, etc. 3. Taking him from the facility for lunch, home visits was discouraged. On the back end of the experience Fox Acres was 100% correct. 1. Getting Daddy familiar with his surroundings and establishing a bond with the staff and folks who lived in the other "cottages" was essential. That 30 days helped him to adjust to his new routine. 2. Calling him Jack was hard on the family, but it put him at ease and did not confuse him as to whom you were referring. 3. Routine, routine, routine was critical for Daddy to not become agitated. Against the advice of the staff we took him home one Christmas. It was awful. Seeing him so agitated and confused was heartbreaking. We went to Fox Acres from that point on for all family functions and everyone (other residents and staff) celebrated with us. There comes a time when you have to do what is best for the victim not yourself. Getting specialized care for your loved one is not "putting them away". Until another has walked in the shoes of an Alzheimer's caregiver they have no idea what it means, what it takes and the feeling of defeat that you have when you realize you cannot give the person you love so much what they need. Getting proper care for a victim of Alzheimer's is critical. I say victim because it is the deadliest most vicious disease I have ever experienced. God bless those who are on this journey in any capacity. My prayer is that should you get to the point that you need a higher level of care than you can provide, you find a Fox Acres for your loved one.

Services and Amenities of Foxbridge

• Companion Suites: Yes
  • Detached Homes
  • Housing Extra: Snoezelen Room

• Pool

Types of care

• Meal Preparation

About Foxbridge

Foxbridge is a senior living provider in Memphis, Tennessee that offers residents Assisted Living. Contact Foxbridge for more details on services and rates.

Map of Foxbridge