35 Assisted Living Facilities near Germantown, TN
There are 35 Assisted Living Facilities in the Germantown area, with 4 in Germantown and 31 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Germantown is $4,535 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Collierville with an average starting cost of $4,325.
To help you with your search, browse the 262 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Germantown. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Germantown 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Germantown find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Germantown, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Germantown, TN
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Germantown
Located just outside Memphis, the bustling suburb of Germantown offers history, tradition and a beautifully cultivated parks system that’s earned the city recognition from the National Arbor Day Foundation 23 years in a row.
Approximately 19.2 percent of Germantown’s population of 39,141 is 65 years of age or older, and those residents have plenty of options for assisted living thanks to a lengthy list of 35 facilities in and around the city. Assisted care living facilities (ACLF) in Tennessee are licensed and regulated by the Tennessee Department of Health under the direction of the Board for Licensing Health Care Facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Germantown
- Seniors looking to adhere to a budget will find Germantown to be a less costly alternative to some similarly sized U.S. Overall cost of living in Germantown is slightly above the national average, with grocery, health, utilities and transportation all rated as more affordable.
- Summers in Germantown reach a sticky 91 degrees Fahrenheit with very snowy winters and temperatures dipping to 30 degrees Fahrenheit in January, creating a climate that’s ideal for seniors who prefer heat over snow.
- There are of opportunities to soak up culture in and around Germantown, including the active horse show and competition scene that culminates in the annual Germantown Charity Horse Show, the Memphis Brooks Museum of Art and the historic blues venues on Beale Street.
- Crime in Germantown is far below the national average, making this city a very safe place for seniors and their families to live and visit.
- The Germantown area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital and Baptist Memorial Rehabilitation Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Germantown has an array of community resources for seniors, including the German Senior Citizens Advisory Commission, an organization that makes recommendations to the Board of Mayor and Aldermen regarding the needs of local seniors, and dozens of senior centers throughout the greater Memphis metropolitan area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Germantown
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Tennessee
Assisted Living costs in Germantown start around $4,535 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Germantown and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Germantown
Although Tennessee doesn’t have any state-specific programs aimed at helping seniors afford long-term residential care, there is a Medicaid-affiliated initiative available to those who qualify. The CHOICES program helps adults with disabilities and low-income seniors find alternatives to nursing home placement by providing access and financial aid to cover Home and Community-Based Services known as HCBS.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Germantown
Germantown and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Germantown, please visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Germantown
Germantown-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Tennessee are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Tennessee page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Germantown, TN
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Germantown
Review of Brookdale Germantown
I liked Brookdale Germantown, but it's very expensive. I checked their assisted living. I was able to taste the food, they have good food choices. The amenities, they have community days, they have... Read more
Review of Brookdale Germantown
Brookdale Germantown was very good and they were very informative. The lady who gave the tour was just wonderful. The place was very clean and it smelled nice. The residents I saw looked happy. It... Read more
Review of Germantown Plantation Senior Living Community
I visited Germantown Plantation's assisted living last week. It was a big place. They had a movie theater, a chapel, a swimming pool, and a hot tub. They also had a physical-therapy room and a hair... Read more