24 Assisted Living Facilities near Olive Branch, MS
Also serving communities of Southaven, Holly Springs.
There are 24 Assisted Living Facilities in the Olive Branch area, with 3 in Olive Branch and 21 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Olive Branch is $3,560 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 199 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Olive Branch. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Olive Branch 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Germantown with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Olive Branch, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Olive Branch, MS
21 Assisted Living Facilities near Olive Branch, MS
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Olive Branch
Olive Branch, Mississippi, is home to historic Olive Branch Old Towne. This area's regular events provide opportunities for seniors to get to know the local community and have fun. At the weekly Hootenanny, seniors can relax and listen to old-fashioned music. Within this quaint area, there are 39 Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs), including two in Olive Branch itself. These ALFs are regulated by the Mississippi State Department of Health (MSDH) and offer personal care services such as assistance with activities of daily living and medication management.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Olive Branch
- Seniors with a respiratory illness are in luck in DeSoto County. The American Lung Association gave this county an Ozone rating B for air quality. Poor air quality can have adverse effects on those with lung conditions.
- The low rate of crime in this area may help seniors feel safe and secure when running errands or going to appointments. Olive Branch has a violent crime rate of 19.7 (1 being the lowest) compared to the national average of 31.1. Property crime in Olive Branch is 34.6, just below the national average of 38.1.
- Seniors on a budget are able to save money in Olive Branch. As the cost of living in is 10 percent lower than the national average, seniors may be able to afford better quality care or have more cash on hand for entertainment.
- Olive Branch experiences an average of two inches of snow and a cool 30-degree average low in January. Seniors able to endure the cold are greeted with sunny July highs of 90 degrees in the summer, perfect for those who love the outdoors.
- The Olive Branch area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Methodist Olive Branch Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Retirees and seniors in Mississippi enjoy several tax benefits. As social security checks, 401(k) and IRA income are tax exempt seniors have more money to enjoy life and take care of daily needs.
Paying for Assisted Living in Olive Branch
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Mississippi
Assisted Living costs in Olive Branch start around $3,560 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Olive Branch and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Olive Branch
Seniors seeking financial aid for assisted living costs may be eligible for coverage by the Mississippi Division of Medicaid. The state’s Medicaid covers nursing services and some personal care services. Seniors can also apply for three Medicaid waiver programs for further assistance. At this time, there are no non-Medicaid programs for assisted living aid.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Olive Branch
Olive Branch and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Olive Branch, please visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Olive Branch
Olive Branch-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Mississippi are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Mississippi page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Olive Branch
Review of Culpepper Place
The people at Culpepper Place of Olive Branch have been working with me. They took me on a tour, they had me over for lunch, and they're very nice people. It's an assisted living facility. I should... Read more
Review of Silvercreek Senior Living Community
Silvercreek is wonderful. They have very nice folks. I would love to live there. Silvercreek is excellent, but it is more expensive, and it is too far away from my children. I like the beauty and c... Read more
Review of Olive Grove Terrace
The Arbors at Olive Grove Terrace care about their residents. They are very loving and care about the family. The food looked good, and they all seemed happy with it. The dining area is very nice a... Read more