Located at the southwestern tip of Tennessee along the banks of the Mississippi River, Memphis is home to Graceland, Elvis Presley’s home. There are also a number of high-performing hospitals in the region, including Methodist University Hospital and Baptist Memorial Hospital — Memphis.

Approximately 12.8% of the city’s 651,073 residents are aged 65 and older, and seniors who require long-term skilled nursing care will find that nursing home rates in Memphis are relatively affordable at an average of $7,300 per month, which is $456 below the national average. Nursing homes provide around-the-clock skilled care for those with complex medical needs who can’t safely live in a less-restrictive setting, such as a private home or assisted living facility. Seniors who are able to remain in their own homes with assistance may find that either homemaker or home health aide services provide the right level of support.

This guide provides an overview of nursing homes in Memphis, including average care costs and how those costs compare to state and national rates. There are also a number of free and low-cost resources for seniors and their caregivers who need help locating long-term care services.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Memphis, TN

Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

1250 Farrow Road, Memphis, TN, 38116

It was in spring last year, I visited Freddy At this place he was beautifully taken care by staff of this facility. I am sure they will keep on improving so far it’s good place.

Kirby Pines Estates

3535 Kirby Road, Memphis, TN, 38115

Kirby Pines Estates is a beautiful gated community in Memphis that is situated on 60 acres of lush and wooded land. The facility is located just minutes from the Bill Morris Parkway, the Mendenhall Sq … (read more)

Ave Maria Home

2805 CHARLES BRYAN RD, Memphis, TN, 38134

My dad is in Ave Maria in Bartlett, so we go there all the time. It’s been great, they give exceptional service. He’s in the rehabilitation center and the staff have been great. There’s one person who … (read more)

Allen Morgan Health and Rehabilitation Center

177 N Highland St, Memphis, TN, 38111

The following review is based entirely on my personal experience with Allen Morgan, the rehabilitation section of Trezevant Manor. My husband was admitted to Allen Morgan for rehab after spending al … (read more)

Signature HealthCARE of Primacy

6025 Primacy Parkway, Memphis, TN, 38119

My sister moved to Signature HealthCARE of Primacy a month ago. They were friendly and all, but you just can’t see anything. Because of the virus, I guess we had to see residents there through the win … (read more)

Signature Healthcare of Memphis

1150 Dove Crest Rd, Memphis, TN, 38134

My father-in-law is at Signature Healthcare. We are not particularly happy with it. The place is not particularly clean and the floors are dirty. It needs to be updated as far as the physical faciliti … (read more)

Midsouth Health and Rehabilitation Center

2380 JAMES ROAD, Memphis, TN, 38127

i want to let everyone how much i was dissatify with care of my husband. He was in the rehab part. he got there about one oclock in the morning and they didnt give him food till noon. he didnt get a … (read more)

Spring Gate Rehab & Healthcare Center

3909 COVINGTON PIKE, Memphis, TN, 38135

Both I and my son’s wife have found it all but impossible to speak with anyone at the facility. Neither the nurses, or social worker or administrator will answer their phones or return calls.

Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC

3933 Allenbrooke Cove, Memphis, TN, 38118

Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehab facility is by far the worst nursing facility! My father arrived on 3/24 from then on it went downhill! My father is currently in the hospital with a broken nose, fractur … (read more)

Majestic Gardens

131 North Tucker Street, Memphis, TN, 38104

Toured the facility with my sister when we were looking for a place for my Father. Clean and friendly staff. We chose an eldercare home that was closer to where my sister lived, that was the only reas … (read more)

Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

6733 QUINCE ROAD, Memphis, TN, 38119

If I could give zero stars and still be rated I would. My father came to Quince with a degenerative spinal cancer. He had lost most of his mobility on his right side, but was expected to live at least … (read more)

Signature Healthcare At Saint Francis

6007 PARK AVE, Memphis, TN, 38119

What disturbed was when i entered the bathroom there was feces present and it was hard and you can tell had been there for weeks. If there is housekeeping how can anyone have this present in the bathr … (read more)

Harbor View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

1513 North Second Street, Memphis, TN, 38107

No professionalism at all. Not enough staff. Residents have to wait 2-3 hours before someone responds to call light. No one wants to help when needed. Residents cannot get changed in a timely manner … (read more)

Christian Care Center Of Memphis

6500 Kirby Gate Boulevard, Memphis, TN, 38119

My mother was briefly there for rehab and I was so glad when she was finally discharged. She was there during covid restrictions and was not allowed to have visitors during most of her stay which our … (read more)

St Peter Villa Dmhc

141 N Mclean Blvd, Memphis, TN, 38104

I have a relative that is a patient at this horrible facility. It is dirty and it smells horrible. Patients are all over the facility unattended and being treated like animals. The staff members on th … (read more)

Highlands Of Memphis Health & Rehab

3549 Norriswood Ave, Memphis, TN, 38111

Since my family member being here: we brought food to them at 5pm and they didn’t give it to this family member until 1am, they kept a diaper on them for 12 hours on 2 occasion, and it hasn’t been a w … (read more)

Ashton Place Health & Rehab Center

3030 WALNUT GROVE RD, Memphis, TN, 38111

There are too many problems too count in this nursing home; I wouldn’t even know where to start. Suffice it to say that it has a one-star rating by Medicare/Medicaid for a reason. I am sorry to say … (read more)

Baptist Memorial Hosp-memphis Snf

6019 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, TN, 38120

Bright Glade Convalescent Center

5070 SANDERLIN AVENUE, Memphis, TN, 38117

Nursing Home Costs in Memphis, TN

The average monthly rate for nursing home care in Memphis is $7,300 for a semiprivate room, and $7,680 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Throughout Tennessee, city-specific average nursing home costs range from a low of $6,753 in Clarksville to a high of $7,368 in Johnson City. Rates are slightly above the state average of $7,072 in a number of cities, including Memphis ($7,300) Nashville ($7,270) and Knoxville ($7,148). Overall, nursing home rates in Tennessee are well below the national average of $7,756. Actual rates are set by each facility depending on its location and the amenities and services provided.

$7300

Nashville

$7368

Johnson City

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

In addition to skilled nursing home care, which costs an average of $7,300 for semiprivate and $7,680 for private rooms, there are a number of community-based and residential care services available to Memphis seniors. Adult day health care is the least-costly option at $1,679 per month, while in-home care costs an average of $3,813 per month for either a homemaker or home health aide. Seniors can expect to pay an average of $4,391 per month for nonmedical residential care in an assisted facility, which includes room and board.

$3813

Adult Day Health Care

$4391

Assisted Living

$7300

Nursing Home (semiprivate room)

$7680

Nursing Home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Memphis, TN

Free Resources for Seniors in Memphis, TN

There are a number of free and low-cost resources available to Memphis seniors who require long-term care services. These resources include legal assistance, case management, and help with health insurance and finding financial assistance for nursing home care.

ResourceContactService
Long-Term Care Ombudsman(877) 236-0013Tennessee’s Long-Term Care Ombudsman program works to protect the rights of long-term care residents throughout the state. Ombudsmen can provide seniors with information about their rights related to long-term care, help resolve complaints about nursing home services, and answer questions about Medicaid and Medicare.
Memphis Area Legal Services(901) 523-8822Memphis Area Legal Services provides low-income seniors with access to free legal information, assistance and representation for noncriminal matters. MALS staff can also assist with advanced directives, qualified income trusts, Medicaid issues and wills.
Aging Commission of the Mid-South(901) 222-4111The Aging Commission of the Mid-South is the designated Area Agency on Aging and Disability for Memphis. The organization provides seniors and their caregivers with free information about long-term care resources, case management services and help obtaining financial assistance for nursing home care.
Alzheimer’s Association — West Tennessee|Memphis Chapter(800) 272-3900The West Tennessee|Memphis Chapter of the National Alzheimer’s Association offers information and resources for people living with memory loss, their loved ones and professional caregivers. Free services include patient and family support groups, information sessions and referrals to local resources.