Located at the southwestern tip of Tennessee along the banks of the Mississippi River, Memphis is home to Graceland, Elvis Presley’s home. There are also a number of high-performing hospitals in the region, including Methodist University Hospital and Baptist Memorial Hospital — Memphis.

Approximately 12.8% of the city’s 651,073 residents are aged 65 and older, and seniors who require long-term skilled nursing care will find that nursing home rates in Memphis are relatively affordable at an average of $7,300 per month, which is $456 below the national average. Nursing homes provide around-the-clock skilled care for those with complex medical needs who can’t safely live in a less-restrictive setting, such as a private home or assisted living facility. Seniors who are able to remain in their own homes with assistance may find that either homemaker or home health aide services provide the right level of support.

This guide provides an overview of nursing homes in Memphis, including average care costs and how those costs compare to state and national rates. There are also a number of free and low-cost resources for seniors and their caregivers who need help locating long-term care services.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Memphis, TN

Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center

1250 Farrow Road, Memphis, TN, 38116

My brother has been in Graceland Rehabilitation and Nursing Center Inc. for about a month now. He’s there for rehab. They’ve been excellent, so far, and the staff is very, very helpful. They’ve been h … (read more)

Allen Morgan Health and Rehabilitation

177 North Highland Street, Memphis, TN, 38111

If you love your parents, don’t send them to Allen Morgan. The independent living is great as well as assisted, but don’t expect the level of care at Allen Morgan. Please look at the reviews and the … (read more)

Kirby Pines Estates

3535 Kirby Road, Memphis, TN, 38115

Kirby Pines Estates is a beautiful gated community in Memphis that is situated on 60 acres of lush and wooded land. The facility is located just minutes from the Bill Morris Parkway, the Mendenhall Sq … (read more)

Ave Maria Home

2805 CHARLES BRYAN RD, Memphis, TN, 38134

Staff is friendly until you make inquiries about the care and treatment of relatives. Rehabilitation is listed as one of their main focal points but my relative has not received any rehabilitation the … (read more)

Signature HealthCARE of Primacy

6025 Primacy Parkway, Memphis, TN, 38119

My mother was in rehab at Signature HealthCARE of Primacy for six weeks. Everybody was very nice and very accommodating. I didn’t have any issues with anything. She was taken care of. They always kept … (read more)

Signature Healthcare of Memphis

1150 Dove Crest Rd, Memphis, TN, 38134

Mom came to Signature Health of Memphis for skilled nursing and was able to acquire a long term bed. The staff have been amazing to mom and us as well. Mom enjoys the food and loves to visit with her … (read more)

Allenbrooke Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, LLC

3933 Allenbrooke Cove, Memphis, TN, 38118

My mother was put in this nursing home on 5/25 and I fought tooth and nail for this not to happen because of the horror stories that I know about nursing homes. To my surprise the care was much better … (read more)

Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

6733 QUINCE ROAD, Memphis, TN, 38119

My mother is in Quince Nursing and Rehabilitation Center for long-term care. It is a clean facility. The staffing is great. They’re very attentive and they always keep me informed of what’s going on. … (read more)

Midsouth Health and Rehabilitation Center

2380 JAMES ROAD, Memphis, TN, 38127

i want to let everyone how much i was dissatify with care of my husband. He was in the rehab part. he got there about one oclock in the morning and they didnt give him food till noon. he didnt get a … (read more)

Spring Gate Rehab & Healthcare Center

3909 COVINGTON PIKE, Memphis, TN, 38135

Both I and my son’s wife have found it all but impossible to speak with anyone at the facility. Neither the nurses, or social worker or administrator will answer their phones or return calls.

Harbor View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

1513 North Second St, Memphis, TN, 38107

My mom is at Harbor View Nursing & Rehabilitation Center. It is like 5 minutes from my condo. It’s very close to me, so I can visit her every day. However, I would give them a good B minus because … (read more)

Majestic Gardens

131 North Tucker Street, Memphis, TN, 38104

Toured the facility with my sister when we were looking for a place for my Father. Clean and friendly staff. We chose an eldercare home that was closer to where my sister lived, that was the only reas … (read more)

Signature Healthcare At Saint Francis

6007 PARK AVE, Memphis, TN, 38119

What disturbed was when i entered the bathroom there was feces present and it was hard and you can tell had been there for weeks. If there is housekeeping how can anyone have this present in the bathr … (read more)

Christian Care Center Of Memphis

6500 Kirby Gate Boulevard, Memphis, TN, 38119

My mother was briefly there for rehab and I was so glad when she was finally discharged. She was there during covid restrictions and was not allowed to have visitors during most of her stay which our … (read more)

St Peter Villa Dmhc

141 N Mclean Blvd, Memphis, TN, 38104

I have a relative that is a patient at this horrible facility. It is dirty and it smells horrible. Patients are all over the facility unattended and being treated like animals. The staff members on th … (read more)

Highlands Of Memphis Health & Rehab

3549 Norriswood Ave, Memphis, TN, 38111

while Visiting my uncle. his room mate ask me for a cup of Ice, I Proceed to the nurse station to ask for Ice for bed 2 and 45 minutes later we went back to nurses station to ask again no one was thei … (read more)

Ashton Place Health & Rehab Center

3030 WALNUT GROVE RD, Memphis, TN, 38111

There are too many problems too count in this nursing home; I wouldn’t even know where to start. Suffice it to say that it has a one-star rating by Medicare/Medicaid for a reason. I am sorry to say … (read more)

Baptist Memorial Hosp-memphis Snf

6019 Walnut Grove Road, Memphis, TN, 38120

Bright Glade Convalescent Center

5070 SANDERLIN AVENUE, Memphis, TN, 38117

Nursing Home Costs in Memphis, TN

The average monthly rate for nursing home care in Memphis is $7,300 for a semiprivate room, and $7,680 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Throughout Tennessee, city-specific average nursing home costs range from a low of $6,753 in Clarksville to a high of $7,368 in Johnson City. Rates are slightly above the state average of $7,072 in a number of cities, including Memphis ($7,300) Nashville ($7,270) and Knoxville ($7,148). Overall, nursing home rates in Tennessee are well below the national average of $7,756. Actual rates are set by each facility depending on its location and the amenities and services provided.

$7300

Nashville

$7368

Johnson City

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

In addition to skilled nursing home care, which costs an average of $7,300 for semiprivate and $7,680 for private rooms, there are a number of community-based and residential care services available to Memphis seniors. Adult day health care is the least-costly option at $1,679 per month, while in-home care costs an average of $3,813 per month for either a homemaker or home health aide. Seniors can expect to pay an average of $4,391 per month for nonmedical residential care in an assisted facility, which includes room and board.

$3813

Adult Day Health Care

$4391

Assisted Living

$7300

Nursing Home (semiprivate room)

$7680

Nursing Home (private room)

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Memphis, TN

Free Resources for Seniors in Memphis, TN

There are a number of free and low-cost resources available to Memphis seniors who require long-term care services. These resources include legal assistance, case management, and help with health insurance and finding financial assistance for nursing home care.

ResourceContactService
Long-Term Care Ombudsman(877) 236-0013Tennessee’s Long-Term Care Ombudsman program works to protect the rights of long-term care residents throughout the state. Ombudsmen can provide seniors with information about their rights related to long-term care, help resolve complaints about nursing home services, and answer questions about Medicaid and Medicare.
Memphis Area Legal Services(901) 523-8822Memphis Area Legal Services provides low-income seniors with access to free legal information, assistance and representation for noncriminal matters. MALS staff can also assist with advanced directives, qualified income trusts, Medicaid issues and wills.
Aging Commission of the Mid-South(901) 222-4111The Aging Commission of the Mid-South is the designated Area Agency on Aging and Disability for Memphis. The organization provides seniors and their caregivers with free information about long-term care resources, case management services and help obtaining financial assistance for nursing home care.
Alzheimer’s Association — West Tennessee|Memphis Chapter(800) 272-3900The West Tennessee|Memphis Chapter of the National Alzheimer’s Association offers information and resources for people living with memory loss, their loved ones and professional caregivers. Free services include patient and family support groups, information sessions and referrals to local resources.