Signature Healthcare of Memphis

Assisted Living Reviews for Signature Healthcare of Memphis

Nursing Home Reviews for Signature Healthcare of Memphis

February 25, 2017

By memphis3371

Extremely disappointed with the attitude of blond woman in charge at Signature Healthcare on Union Ave at Methodist Hospital in Memphis TN while a family member was in care there several weeks ago. Nursing staff was short handed and even with the low volume of patients staying there during that time the patient care and overall cleanliness was poor. This particular nurse/superviser whose name this site does not allow for me to mention was extremely defensive with every question we asked. Meals did not follow dietary guidelines. Nurses did not clean patient up after toileting. There was a lack of care and urgency throughout the majority of the staff. I would definitely recommend you visit loved ones day and stay at night if possible. I wish we had done so. Bring your own clorox wipes too. Nursing staff/ nurse aid will not clean feces off the toilet if the patient misses. Our family member thank goodness dud not have to stay there long. As far as I know patiend was not midhandled but hygene care and staff attitude was extremely poor.

March 28, 2016

By Icare22

Little communication from nursing staff. My relative had a skin tear and I was not notified. When a nursing staff member was asked about the tear immediately after shift change, the nurse knew nothing about the tear and had no information.

June 15, 2015

By mamabear70

I had a hard time finding a nursing home that I liked for my Father - Signature Heathcare Dovecrest was his third nursing home. I wish it would of been the first place because this nursing home was amazing! They have people that work there that really care. They aren't there to just get a paycheck. When you go online to try to find a nursing home - people always write all the negative things about them. So - I thought I'd take some time to actually write about this place so it could help someone that was looking for a nice place. The nurses and social worker was wonderful. My Dad would tell me when I would go visit him that they treat him like a King. It made me feel good knowing that my Dad was happy and well taken care of. I can not say one negative thing about this place.

December 09, 2014

By caregiver-for-a-pt

It's noisy and crowded, but the staff was very helpful and my dad really thrived there.

July 24, 2013

By caringhearts

My family and I researched , toured this nursing home, and looked at the ratings before placing our loveone in this facility. We learned and will always remember that choosing a facility for your loveone according to a provided list, appearance, and ratings are deceiving. I would also like to point out, Baths are given twice a week, and non if the patient refuses. Due to constant complaints about our family member's hygiene, A few CNA's who provided quality hygiene care for our family member, always had to bee selected, because other CNA's were not doing their job. This facility was inconsistent with providing the quality care we expected for our loveone. Skin assessments were to be done on a weekly basis. Our relative recieved skin breakage on more than one parts of the body. Because of the family members care and concern for our loveone, we reported this incident before any of the nurses and staff knew. There was also a lack of communication among the morning and evening nurses on what the family had reported.While sitting in the dinning room with our family member, We personally observed waiting for over an hour for our family member to receive the requested meal. If the family is a diabetic such as our relative, be very cautious of the diet. Our relative received a high glycemic diet. Our family member had problems that we noticed before any of the nurses or staff. We also observed one of the CNA's being rough with the handling of our loveone during cleaning and positioning in the bed. There was consistent dehydration also among other neglect. This facility was not very effective when it came to implementing the care of our loveone on an administration Please! Please! visit your love ones on a consistant basis as we did. Express your concerns work for immediate action.

July 24, 2012

By thedudeminds

This facility is located on the outskirts of Memphis, Tennessee and near many populous suburbs. They treat patients who suffer from debilitating physical and mental conditions and those associated with advanced age. The staff is very professional, friendly and hard working. The pricing for my grandmother's care has recently gone up, but they provide her with quality care and she seems to be very happy there, overall. They are a full service facility that provides housing, meals, physical and occupational therapy, entertainment, and all necessary medical care and assistance. The facilities are, for the most part, clean, well-lit and modern. The staff members that I know personally are compassionate people who do their best to ensure the comfort and well being of the residents there. There are programs that allow residents to participate in outside activities and visit local attractions. I certainly appreciate their effort to keep the residents engaged with the outside world and with each other while maintaining a comfortable and family-like environment.

Services and Amenities of Signature Healthcare of Memphis

About Signature Healthcare of Memphis

Signature Healthcare of Memphis is a senior living provider in Memphis, Tennessee that offers residents Assisted Living, Nursing Homes, and Nursing Homes. Contact Signature Healthcare of Memphis for more details on services and rates.

Map of Signature Healthcare of Memphis