Shelby Gardens Place

Shelby Gardens Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Shelby Gardens Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Shelby Gardens Place

October 11, 2013

I was not impressed in particular. I just didn't get that right vibe from it. My mom wouldn't fit there. As far the facility went, it was fine. It might also be great for somebody else's mother, but it just wasn't right for Mother.

April 24, 2012

By kharper2012

Overall, I think the facility is likely better than most. My grandmother and other residents routinely complain about the food both the quality and, at times, the quantity and there's never been any real improvement in that area that I know of, but she's made similar complaints about the food in other nursing home/rehab facilities in which she has stayed. The staff is generally friendly, from what I've seen, and is more-or-less responsive to residents' needs, though not always in a timely manner. My grandmother is still able to do many things for herself, so she sometimes can't get help or get it promptly when she needs it, which is a bit worrisome. Still, she's been in facilities where the response time was worse, so this facility may be a bit above average, in that department. One complaint she has now is that, because she's been approved to control her own prescription medication, she often can't get help from the nurses there for simple over-the-counter medications that she might need on occasion. Another complaint my grandmother has is that there aren't enough activities for the residents--or not enough that interest her, at least--and that there are few activities scheduled in the evening hours. Still, in comparison to other facilities I've had experience with, this one is better than others, in some respects, and no worse than other facilities, in other respects.

Memory Care Reviews for Shelby Gardens Place

Costs for Shelby Gardens Place

Photos of Shelby Gardens Place

Services and Amenities of Shelby Gardens Place

• Get Costs

About Shelby Gardens Place

At Shelby Gardens Place, a pet friendly senior living community, we provide our residents thoughtful, compassionate assistance with their daily routine, while respecting their independence. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Located just off of Interstate 40 and 240, so friends, family and all that greater Memphis has to offer is close by. However, the serenity of our well-maintained community combined with the variety of amenities offered may just keep you connected with friends closer to home. Our goal is to provide you the perfect balance, so you can choose to enjoy one of our many scheduled excursions, entertain friends in our sunny courtyard, or participate in one of many daily activities like Coffee Club, Card Player's Club, Happy Hour and Bingo. Providing our residents the opportunity to thrive in body and mind is our paramount goal. Our community offers Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in addition to our Assisted Living accommodations, so you can have peace of mind that your loved one will receive supportive memory care on-site if the need arises. Request more information about our Cordova senior living community today.

Map of Shelby Gardens Place