Shelby Gardens Place

Reviews of Shelby Gardens Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Shelby Gardens Place

December 29, 2021

By Wesley

Shelby Gardens Place was a nice place. The staff members were very informative. They've been contacting me since I went there. It is a topnotch place. You have control of the heating air in your room. It had a closet and a bathroom. Everything looks to be quite clean. They had a reading room and a nice piano sitting out where the classes were going on. Everybody had their own place. They were having some type of game or some type of class because they were responding as far as calling out to give an answer to what they were doing. They have little trips and outings.

July 11, 2021

By James

Shelby Gardens Place did not have independent living, and the tour was good. It was an older place; that's not a big knock against them, but because it's an older place, it's smaller, and the hallways weren't open. The rooms were a good size, but the newer facilities have bigger rooms. It just had a feeling of not being cheery. We did not eat there, but the residents that we talked to there all claimed that the food was fantastic. We only met the marketing person, she was very good, and followed up very well, and talking to the residents. They said the staff was very good as well.

June 25, 2021

By Kaye

The staff at Shelby Gardens Place have been very helpful, so far. We're very pleased with the facility. It's very organized the way it's set up. They sent us pictures of my mother-in-law doing the activities. She appears to be happy and involved with what's going on. They asked us what she liked to eat. She hasn't complained about the food so far.

June 22, 2021

By Janet W

The sales staff was friendly on the phone. They even call this their home when they live out of state. I was impressed with their home like feel. They are under renovation but it seemed to look nice. I was hoping the rooms would be larger, but I was assured residents stay out of their rooms most of the time. They have two food choices and the activity director had many residents laughing and playing a game.

May 25, 2021

By Augusta

I had an in-person tour at Shelby Gardens Place. I would describe the experience there as very impressive. What I like most about the community is that the people seem to be active, there is life there, and people are involved, and I really like that. The part that the staff showed me was laid out very well. She showed me the cafeteria area, the area where they could sit out, and some of the rooms where they had meetings. A lot of the prices were based on the size of the rooms, so the whole thing was very impressive. They showed me the menu and how they planned the menu, and it was really good. I loved it because the places that I saw were geared to what they like. It was really a home setting away from home. It was like your own setting, like you decorate it, and I saw pictures and the TV, which I thought was awesome. It's assisted living but it's a home, too.

October 25, 2018

By Firewife

The staff here go above and beyond for the residents and their families. They even call once a month just to check in and make sure we are happy with the services they are providing. That to me, really shows they care about the residents.

October 24, 2018

By scr234

This place has a nursing director out of this world. She makes the residents and staff love being in the community. Love this place.

August 27, 2015

The only room they had available at that time was their studio, which was smaller than a small hotel room; it was just claustrophobic. I had asked the person that I have met with for some additional information; she never followed up with me and hadn't gone back to me, so it kind of felt like they didn't want my business. I wish that they follow-up with people who come by. I know they had a calendar of activities, but I don't remember specifically what they had.

August 07, 2014

It was very clean. The facility was nice; its medium sized and it looked new. It looks like it was updated and very pleasant looking. It’s actually fairly close to my house and to the big Baptist Church. They’re just very friendly. The staff seemed very pleasant, very open and very willing to answer questions. The rooms were large. We went to the dining room. It was well lighted. There were nice restaurant style tables for people with a list of menu choices. Food was delivered to them on whatever they order. They had their list of activities like wi bowling. I just think there were too many residents there but it was lighter on a Saturday afternoon. Some people may have been tired and just somewhere else.

October 11, 2013

I was not impressed in particular. I just didn't get that right vibe from it. My mom wouldn't fit there. As far the facility went, it was fine. It might also be great for somebody else's mother, but it just wasn't right for Mother.

April 24, 2012

By kharper2012

Overall, I think the facility is likely better than most. My grandmother and other residents routinely complain about the food both the quality and, at times, the quantity and there's never been any real improvement in that area that I know of, but she's made similar complaints about the food in other nursing home/rehab facilities in which she has stayed. The staff is generally friendly, from what I've seen, and is more-or-less responsive to residents' needs, though not always in a timely manner. My grandmother is still able to do many things for herself, so she sometimes can't get help or get it promptly when she needs it, which is a bit worrisome. Still, she's been in facilities where the response time was worse, so this facility may be a bit above average, in that department. One complaint she has now is that, because she's been approved to control her own prescription medication, she often can't get help from the nurses there for simple over-the-counter medications that she might need on occasion. Another complaint my grandmother has is that there aren't enough activities for the residents--or not enough that interest her, at least--and that there are few activities scheduled in the evening hours. Still, in comparison to other facilities I've had experience with, this one is better than others, in some respects, and no worse than other facilities, in other respects.

Memory Care Reviews for Shelby Gardens Place

Costs for Shelby Gardens Place

Photos of Shelby Gardens Place

Services and Amenities of Shelby Gardens Place

• Get Costs

About Shelby Gardens Place

At Shelby Gardens Place, a pet friendly senior living community, we provide our residents thoughtful, compassionate assistance with their daily routine, while respecting their independence. We develop individual care plans to meet the needs of each resident, and a full-time licensed nurse is available 24 hours a day to provide clinical oversight and coordination of care. Located just off of Interstate 40 and 240, so friends, family and all that greater Memphis has to offer is close by. However, the serenity of our well-maintained community combined with the variety of amenities offered may just keep you connected with friends closer to home. Our goal is to provide you the perfect balance, so you can choose to enjoy one of our many scheduled excursions, entertain friends in our sunny courtyard, or participate in one of many daily activities like Coffee Club, Card Player's Club, Happy Hour and Bingo. Providing our residents the opportunity to thrive in body and mind is our paramount goal. Our community offers Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care in addition to our Assisted Living accommodations, so you can have peace of mind that your loved one will receive supportive memory care on-site if the need arises. Request more information about our Cordova senior living community today.

Map of Shelby Gardens Place