Brookdale Dogwood Creek

Reviews of Brookdale Dogwood Creek

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale Dogwood Creek

September 30, 2016

By Waymon

My dad chose this community. He exercises in the fitness center, he practices golf, and they have several theater activities that he participates in. My dad has driving privileges, so he can drive himself to where he wants to go. They serve 3 meals a day. The staff was very accommodating and very easy to deal with. They have services to take them to doctor?s appointments. I?m completely satisfied with them so far.

September 30, 2015

This community was the closest place to where my daughter works. The food was very good. They had happy hour two days a week, bingo two nights a week, movies, sewing, and knitting. They had two large buses and a small van that take people out. It was brand new. It was perfectly situated in our old neighborhood, so we had a lot of company. They had every amenity known to man including a huge salt water indoor pool and a good workout room.

June 15, 2015

They are excellent, and the staffs were more than professional and kind with my mother and me. The facilities are excellent, and it will be a great place for them. It is fantastic, and I'm very pleased. The rooms and apartments were fabulous and good. We didn't actually see any activities, but we looked to the schedule of events that were coming up, like some of the trips that were planned and some of the evening events, but we did not participate because my mother felt bad while we were there. We had to leave, and they were absolutely fantastic assisting us.

June 26, 2014

By Dough1

This is the one that we really liked the most; that's why we moved in here. It is new, very clean, very neat, and the people are super. The staff is very helpful. They introduced us to their activities. Their dining room is very nice, and their food is very good. The rooms are a little small, but the rest of it makes up for it. Here, if your mate develops Alzheimer's or dementia, they will take care of it right here. There are about 150 apartments in the independent and assisted living, and there are about 40 in the memory care.

June 26, 2014

By Scott from TN

It is a very nice facility. They have a wine bar, a pool, a spa, and exercise rooms in the independent living part. They have a lot of amenities there. We're just concerned that for my mom, she'd probably would not be making it in independent living for very long. She really needs to go to the assisted care section. Medication management is the main thing that we're requiring.

March 28, 2014

By Lin2

I moved both my parents into this community. I thought it was just absolutely fabulous. When I first went in there, I thought, "Oh my gosh, this looks like a cruise ship." I have never seen anything like it. The care is assisted living and assisted living and memory care. There are pianos everywhere. They would call my dad a lot when somebody didn't show up or something and he would play the piano. He loves it. My mom is in memory care and then my dad is in the assisted living part. They're not in the same apartment, but he is with her for hours every single day. All the apartments are nice. They have a lot of different apartments depending on how much room you need and how much you want to spend. Down in the memory care, the apartments are not large. The bathroom is really wide, wide enough for wheelchairs. It has a huge shower so that they could just stand there and bathe the residents. My mom's room has a single bed with a nightstand and a lift chair. She has a regular size dresser and a television. There is a huge floor-to-ceiling window, which is really nice because you can open the wooden blind and just let the natural light come through. My dad's room has a kitchenette but no stove. He has a microwave in there. It is very nice. He has a living room area, which is plenty for him, and a great bathroom. In his bedroom, he has a double bed, a computer desk, a highboy, and two closets. So there's ample room in there. I get along great with the working staff. I think they're great. They just have a gift and love for it. They're just wonderful. If there are any problems, you can go to the nurse or to the director in that area with your issues and it gets corrected. We have a really hard time with my mom trying to get up and go to the bathroom by herself, and she would fall and hit her head every time. So they got a toileting schedule for every four hours. They didn't come in and ask her if she needed to go to the bathroom, they just took her. The food there is outstanding. They do not allow any canned foods. Everything is cooked fresh and purchased fresh. They have a two-page menu everyday. They'll come out and try to give them what they want. They have a lot of sugar-free desserts. They don't put much salt in their food. They have lots of fresh fruits, lots of fish, and chicken. There's always a hamburger or cheeseburger available if that's what you want.

March 27, 2014

By Terry22

We had a positive visit. I thought it was very nice and clean. The staff was very good. It had a nice mix of facilities and activities, which I thought was very good. However, it had a hotel kind of feel to it, and that kind of turned my father off.

January 29, 2014

By Richard45

We visited several facilities and we've selected this one for our parents. Overall, the facility is very nice and it's just new. They have excellent staff. Their food is great and they do offer different types of activities.

October 28, 2013

Everything was nice. The staff there was very nice and caring. I think that everybody was super there. However, we did not like their apartments. They were like 1200 to 1300 square feet. Their apartments were not big enough for my parents. They were not ready to live in that small place. Another thing we didn't like was that there was no skilled nursing care available there.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale Dogwood Creek

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale Dogwood Creek

Questions about Brookdale Dogwood Creek

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale Dogwood Creek. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

They are active in the community with outreach, shopping trips, museums, symphony, road trips and theatre.

What programs or activities does Brookdale Dogwood Creek offer to enrich residents' well-being?

We are located near restaurants, movie theatres and shopping centers

What places are near Brookdale Dogwood Creek or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Road trips to casinos and Kentucky Downs

What transportation services does Brookdale Dogwood Creek offer to assisted living residents?

We have a driver and offer transportation 7 days a week

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale Dogwood Creek exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

We offer all day dining and we have culinary trained chefs that prepare top restaurant quality food , not your typical senior living options. They have several menu items to choose from and it is in a restaurant setting with servers and wait staff. We have been highlighted on local media and recognized as Top Assisted Living in Williamson County.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Dogwood Creek offer to assisted living residents?

We have 24 hour concierge on duty and all outside doors are locked and residents only have keys to access.

How does Brookdale Dogwood Creek keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

We complete Family connection calls to touch base each month with families and nurses call and speak to families with any changes in conditions or physician orders.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale Dogwood Creek during daytime and nighttime hours?

We staff according to the Service Alignment benchmark which is based on the care plans for individual resident needs

If Brookdale Dogwood Creek accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We are pet friendly and there is plenty of green space to access for their fur babies.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly in-services on required topics that are regulated per TN State Regulations

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale Dogwood Creek provide to protect residents who wander?

Those AL communities that are not secured, we require those that are a wander risk to be evaluated and transferred to sister Memory Care Community.

Photos of Brookdale Dogwood Creek

• Pets: Yes

Training Areas

• Memory Care Training

About Brookdale Dogwood Creek

Brookdale Dogwood Creek provides a full range of choices for today's seniors. Choosing a senior living community represents a lifestyle choice and we understand that our residents are choosing much more than a comfortable living environment to call home. Brookdale Living's Germantown, TN community delivers Inspired Independent Living, with the promise of Exceptional Experiences Everyday. In choosing this community, our residents have made a conscious lifestyle decision designed to deliver enhanced opportunities for pursuing health and life fulfillment through the exceptional independent and assisted living services, amenities, and opportunities we offer. And, the residents at The Solana at Germantown can rest assured that as their needs change, we provide a variety of ancillary services and a Personalized Assisted Living environment that encourages residents to continue to live as they please while respecting individual preferences.

Optimum Life&reg and Celebrations provide an all-encompassing way of life that touches the lives of the residents of this independent and assisted living community, their families, and associates alike. Optimum Life&reg is a journey of self-discovery including services, features, and benefits that allow each resident to pursue their peak level of health, wholeness and fulfillment while balancing six key dimensions of personal wellness: emotional, intellectual, physical, social, spiritual and purposeful. As part of Optimum Life&reg, the mission of The Solana at Germantown is to encourage our independent and assisted living residents to celebrate life each day. Inspired dining and vibrant lifestyle activities come together in our Celebrations program filling the monthly calendar at Brookdale Living's Germantown, TN community with themed experiences, special events, and group activities that highlight different cultures and cuisines in a common venue of camaraderie.

Map of Brookdale Dogwood Creek