3 Assisted Living Facilities in Nevada, MO
Also serving communities of Butler.
To help you with your search, browse the 2 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Nevada. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Nevada 3.5 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Pittsburg with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Nevada, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Nevada
Nevada is a historic city in Vernon County, Missouri, located not far from the Osage Prairie Conservation Area. The town's senior population, which makes up 19.8% of Nevada's 8,254 residents can enjoy the cultural significance of the area's landmarks, such as the Sheriff's Office and the Courthouse, that are included in the National Register of Historic Places. Nevada has three assisted living facilities to support those residents who need help with activities of daily living (ADLs).
These assisted living facilities are known in Nevada and throughout all of Missouri as Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs). They are licensed through the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Nevada
- The overall cost of living in Nevada is quite low, nearly 25% less expensive than the national average. Housing costs are nearly half what they are on average in the rest of the state, but the price of health care is 10% higher than the U.S. average and 8.5% higher than the Missouri average.
- Seniors in Nevada should be aware that the city's crime rate is high. Property crime is especially concerning with a score of 95.1 out of 100, which is nearly 60% higher than the average in the rest of the country. Violent crime is also high with a score of 39 out of 100.
- The Nevada area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Nevada Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Nevada seniors can spend a day golfing or relaxing at area green spaces, such as the Frank E. Peters golf course. The town also has a community center with a game room, gym and communal kitchen.
- Seniors in Nevada are subject to Missouri tax rates on their retirement income. The state levies partial taxes on Social Security and public pension incomes, and full taxes on retirement account withdrawals and private pensions.
- The sun shines on average 214 days out of the year in Nevada, Missouri, which is higher than the national average. The city does get an above-average amount of rain, with 46 inches per year, but a below-average amount of snow, with 9 inches year-round. Seniors can ask their assisted living providers how residents are kept comfortable wet or cold weather.
Note: Data reported on this page was updated in 2019 and based on the latest 2018 figures.
Paying for Assisted Living in Nevada
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Missouri
Assisted Living costs in Nevada start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Nevada and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Nevada
Seniors in Nevada who need help affording their assisted living services can investigate the different Medicaid waivers Missouri offers, including the Aged and Disabled Waiver, the State Plan Personal Care Option and the Supplemental Nursing Care Assistance Program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Nevada
Nevada and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Nevada, please visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Nevada
Nevada-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Missouri are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Missouri page for more information about these laws.
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Nevada
Review of Bristol Manor of Nevada
I decided to go Bristol Manor, but then I started to feel better, so I decided to hire some help to come to my house and stay home. I liked it. I wanted some place that was temporary. I thought it ... Read more
Review of Bristol Manor of Nevada
I visited Bristol Manor about a year ago. My grandmother's sister lived there for quite a few years. I would go visit with my grandmother from time to time and it was a really nice place. Most of t... Read more