28 Assisted Living Facilities near Fort Pierce, FL
There are 28 Assisted Living Facilities in the Fort Pierce area, with 9 in Fort Pierce and 19 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Fort Pierce is $2,748 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Port Saint Lucie with an average starting cost of $2,499.
To help you with your search, browse the 195 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Fort Pierce. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Fort Pierce 4.3 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stuart with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Fort Pierce find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Fort Pierce, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Fort Pierce, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Fort Pierce
Located on the Treasure Coast in eastern Florida, Fort Pierce is a moderate-sized city known for its world-class fishing. Fort Pierce has been awarded the City of Excellence Award by the Florida League of Cities and was named one of USA Today's Most Idyllic and Historic Main Streets in America, and thus, it offers great historic preservation for seniors who enjoy celebrating heritage. As it is situated on the Indian River, Fort Pierce also provides seniors with ample opportunities to kayak, watch dolphins and ride horses along its beaches.
There are four types of assisted living facilities (ALF) in Florida, with 36 of these ALFs in the greater Fort Pierce area. Florida's Department of Elder Affairs is in charge of ALF regulation in Fort Pierce, and the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation oversees facility licensing.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Fort Pierce
- Seniors benefit from tax cuts when living in Florida. In Fort Pierce, Social Security and pension income are exempt from taxation. As less money is spent on taxes, more money can be spent on assisted living costs, leisure and hobbies.
- The Fort Pierce area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Lawnwood Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Fort Pierce is serviced by the Treasure Coast Connector, a mass transit bus line. Though transportation is free because of a state grant, seniors relying on public transit in Fort Pierce need to be aware that this service does not run on Sundays. Individuals with disabilities can apply for personalized bus routes.
- Fort Pierce generally experiences a humid, warm climate with temperatures between the 80s and 100s in the summer. In the winter months, temperatures can also reach up to 80 degrees, although they are generally in the 50s-70s range. Seniors who are seeking sunny weather conditions and mild winters will favor Fort Pierce's climate.
- Because the overall crime rate in Fort Pierce is 46 percent higher than the U.S. mean crime rate, seniors living in the area could feel unsafe traveling alone or after dark.
- The National Air Toxics Assessment is used to determine air quality throughout the country. Because Fort Pierce's air quality is rated 18 percent better than the national average air quality, seniors who have chronic respiratory conditions could do well choosing an assisted living facility in the area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Fort Pierce
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Fort Pierce start around $2,748 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Fort Pierce and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Fort Pierce
The Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC) provides financial assistance for assisted living costs in Fort Pierce. Florida also funds certain ALF services through a statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Fort Pierce
Fort Pierce and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Fort Pierce, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Fort Pierce
Fort Pierce-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Fort Pierce, FL
Other Options in Fort Pierce, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Fort Pierce
Review of Lake Forest Park
Lake Forest Park is just beautiful. I like the way they run the place. It's a good layout and a good location. They have friendly staff. They did not have Medicare. It's well organized and very cle... Read more
Review of Lake Forest Park
Everything at Lake Forest Park was great. The people there are nice, the food was great, and everything was perfect. They have a weekly menu that they put out, and if you don't want the special for... Read more
Review of The Lynmoore at Lawnwood
The senior staff is quite good and seems committed to providing as good a care level as feasible.. Deirdre does an excellent job of promotion. The daily staff, with some exceptions, seems undert... Read more