5 Assisted Living Facilities near Sebastian, FL
There are 5 Assisted Living Facilities in the Sebastian area, with 3 in Sebastian and 2 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Sebastian is $3,995 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Vero Beach with an average starting cost of $3,407.
To help you with your search, browse the 15 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Sebastian. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Sebastian 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Vero Beach with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Sebastian, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 5 Assisted Living Facilities in Sebastian, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Sebastian
The city of Sebastian, part of Indian River County, is located off the shore of Florida and recognized as the home of Pelican Island, the first nationally designated wildlife refuge in the U.S. Seniors looking into an assisted living facility (ALF) in the city have an option between two local communities and 17 nearby ones. Each facility is licensed by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation and regulates facilities to ensure seniors receive excellent care and help with activities of daily living (ADL), such as grooming and bathing and medication management and social activities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Sebastian
- The cost of living in Sebastian is comparable to the state and national average, mainly because of Florida's reduced real estate price. Seniors often pay more on most expenses here, including an 8.2 percent higher grocery bill and a 2 percent costlier health care plan.
- Hot, muggy summers are prevalent in Sebastian, with temperatures averaging between 80 to 90 degrees with frequent rainfall. Seniors get to enjoy more outdoor recreations during the winter months, where temperatures average between 52 to 61 degrees. There is also less rainfall, which makes canceled trips less likely during these months.
- Seniors with respiratory issues find the air quality in Sebastian to be good. The town has 35 percent better pollution levels and 31 percent better overall air quality index (AQI) levels than the national average.
- The Sebastian area is considered 33 percent safer than other cities in the nation with a 16 percent higher crimes per rate average. Security is less of an issue for seniors worried about violent crime, with violent crime rates being 135 percent lower than the national average.
- Sebastian has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Senior Activity Center of Sebastian, an organization that focuses on providing seniors with quality, daily activities, counseling and trips at its local senior center.
- Residents of Sebastian can travel through town on the GoLine Bus System that operates from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. weekdays and 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Saturday. Seniors can find discounts on the fare with the Senior Activity Center of Sebastian.
Paying for Assisted Living in Sebastian
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Sebastian start around $3,995 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Sebastian and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Sebastian
Sebastian offers eligible seniors three state programs to help with financial assistance, including the Florida Medicaid, Managed Care Waiver Long-Term Care Program (MLTC), optional state supplement (OSS) and Supplemental Security Income (SSI). Medicaid offers one additional aid waiver called Assistive Care Services (ACS).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Sebastian
Sebastian and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Sebastian, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Sebastian
Sebastian-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Sebastian, FL
Other Options in Sebastian, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Sebastian
Review of Pelican Garden Assisted Living
My 96 yr old mother has lived with us for the past 16 yr but recently had 4 falls and 3 hospitalizations in past 3 weeks. Margaret Conti is the best administrator and stood by me when I changed my ... Read more
Review of Pelican Landing Assisted Living and Memory Care
My mother was a resident at Pelican Landing from January 2017 to December 2018 when we moved her into another place . My mother has dementia and Parkinson’s which we were assured that the staff... Read more
Review of Pelican Landing Assisted Living and Memory Care
Overall, we are pleased with Pelican Landing. The staff is generally friendly, respectful and helpful to both residents and guests. It is clean, well maintained and the food is generally good. ... Read more