Century Oaks Melbourne, FL

Reviews of Century Oaks

Assisted Living Reviews for Century Oaks

May 09, 2017

By MN830056

Century Oaks' apartments were larger than any other that I had seen. However, the facilities were older and not that nice. It needs to be updated. Other than that, I was very pleased with the gracious personnel. A staff member even pushed me around in a wheelchair the whole time because I had problems walking. Even though it was an older community that needs some updates, I thought everything was fine. I loved the size of the apartments. I was very impressed with them because they were more spacious than other places.

May 06, 2017

By Judy114706

My father is in assisted living at Century Oaks. They seem to have a good deal of activities. They have a swimming pool and a pool table, they do transportation, and they take them shopping from time to time to different places. They have 1 and 2 bedrooms, which are very nice and spacious. The place is nice and comfortable. I have seen their menu for the entire month at a time. They get three meals a day, breakfast is like a brunch, and it is a buffet style. They usually have 2 main choices a day for both lunch and dinner, the meals seem to be fine and balanced, and if there is someone who needs a special diet, they make sure that that is taken care of.

May 10, 2016

By DiannaXKOCQ

We moved over to Century Oaks, and it is much better. There are a lot of areas for activities. They have a little recreation area, an arts and crafts area, an area for meetings, and a chapel, plus two different dining rooms and a swimming pool. It is just light years different than where we were before. The food is very good. The best part is our apartment which has a kitchen, three rooms, a porch, and two bathrooms. The only thing is I don’t think they have a nurse or a doctor on-duty at all times.

March 08, 2016

By Happy Visitor120753350

The room at Century Oaks is about 700 square feet with a living room, bathroom, and kitchenette, which is why this is the facility I prefer right now. They are also a little flexible with their pricing. The dining room looked nice and adequate.

July 12, 2015

By KS6

Century Oaks was retirement assisted living. It was very friendly and very caring. It was pretty much nice and clean. The rooms were nice and spacious with double occupancy, a kitchenette, and a sitting area. I was scheduled to move in next week.

April 24, 2015

By Robert105350250

I was looking for something that my mother would feel comfortable in, and I was looking for a place where the people were very friendly; the people who live there were very friendly. I went to many places, and Century Oaks was the first one I walked into that I felt like it was home myself. It was that friendly. It is very clean and very nice; my mother loves it. She is just having a ball there. They have lots of things every day, and she does and does a lot of them. She was getting to be very inactive, and now she is very active. Not everything on the menu is what she wants, but they always have a variety, so it is good. I have gone there almost every day since she has been there, and the staff is always helping her and doing things. They are just so friendly. I have been in other places, and nothing compares to this. All the different factors that I was looking for were all there, and she just loves it. She's always running around and having a good time, and I love it. That's what I wanted.

March 30, 2015

For Century Oaks I wrote "care questionable" because when I went there, I don't know how good the care was. I thought some of the people were a little lacking. However, I was only there for 20 minutes, and I don't think it is fair to make a snap judgment. That was my first impression. However, the staff seemed friendly. The dining area and the sanitation seemed very nice. The location was great.

August 13, 2014

By Victoria9

We went and saw Century Oaks. The visiting experience was perfect. When we went home I said to my parents 'OK, you guys can stay here; I’m moving out and going there.' Everybody was super friendly. It was very clean. It smelled good. The lady took me around everywhere and showed me all the different apartments, all the different rooms, and explained what they did. So, I'd definitely go there, I really would. There was nothing that turned me off or concerned me. There they have like a card room to go play cards, a game room, and a recreation room. They sing music and play instruments, and they’ve got full beauty and barber shop. There’s a swimming pool. They also take them on activities. They take them off to Wal-Mart and Publix. The place was very good and was very nicely decorated. It’s updated. I think they just did the remodeling on the outside, and everything inside was very clean.

April 20, 2014

By LourdesOrtiz

I took a tour of Century Oaks this weekend and all I can say is that there marketing person Angela was the best. Super friendly and informatative and you could tell the people who live there adore her. We will be coming back again for another tour.

January 31, 2014

By CaringMan00000973

We liked Century Oaks. It had a good independent living facility and there's another building for people with memory problem. It’s close to our vicinity. The staff were okay, they were a good assistance. The rooms are good sized compared to the other we saw. Residents there seemed to be pretty good. They have a library and a wellness center. I will recommend this place depending on what people like.

September 09, 2013

By Diane37

Century Oaks is very closely knit. Everybody knows everybody, and the residents all get along very well. I liked the camaraderie between the staff and the residents, and the fact that the residents are all very much involved. The assisted living residents have their meals done for them, and its adequate. The rooms for assisted living were tight, but for the unassisted living they've got regular apartments. They could probably improve on the food.

May 11, 2012

By commercesd

The Century Oaks was in the same vicinity where we were visiting the area to look at possible places for my friend's mother to live. The facility looked like it was well tended - the grounds were neat and well trimmed. The interior also had a very nice and fresh décor. The dining options included many interesting meals and choices. The residents appeared to enjoy their food very much. They are also offered snacks regularly. The communal spaces were all designed to be easy access to suit each purpose well. The seniors could easily socialize, make crafts, play games, watch TV and films and participate in many other stimulating activities. The private rooms were all nicely kept and decorated. The staff was friendly and attended to all of the residents well. The exercise center includes daily yoga and aerobics exercise classes. Residents can also safely navigate the lovely garden pathways and courtyards. Every resident appeared to be very well cared for in a peaceful, yet fun environment by kind, caring and compassionate staff.

Independent Living Reviews for Century Oaks

November 30, 2015

She is in an independent living at Century Oaks. She is my best friend. This is the one she’s been in for four years. The assisted that they have at Century Oaks is all upstairs, and she has a dog. She has to take the dog out, and the dog will not ride in the elevator. They have doctors that come in once a month or so. There are three meals a day. They have shuttle service.

Memory Care Reviews for Century Oaks

• Companion Suites: Yes

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

• State Licenses: AL#10095

About Century Oaks

At Century Oaks we are staffed by dedicated employees committed to providing the best quality care through personal attention to details. Our staff is experienced and trained to provide an uplifting atmosphere for an active retirement community

We are located within a residential community close to shopping, dining, and entertainment. An Active Senior Retirement Rental Community with Independent & Assisted Living and Bayberry House Memory Care. We feature Independent & Assisted Living in one or two-bedroom, spacious apartments within a 24 hour monitored, secure 2-story courtyard building. We also have a secure Memory Care accommodation for residents with Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia. Our amenities include meals, all utilities (except phone), scheduled transportation, cable TV, laundry facilities, weekly housekeeping and flat laundry service. Pets are welcome.

Featured Amenities

• Elegant Dining Room Serving
  • Three Meals Monday thru Sat.
  • Sunday Brunch Buffet and Dinner
  • All Utilities (Except Telephone)
  • Weekly Housekeeping

• Beauty/Barber Shop
  • Personal Valet Laundry Service
  • Pets
  • Respite care

Our warm and friendly team welcomes each resident into our family, gets to know each of our residents, and fills the community with the special touches of home

Map of Century Oaks