50 Assisted Living Facilities near Palm Bay, FL
There are 50 Assisted Living Facilities in the Palm Bay area, with 26 in Palm Bay and 24 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Palm Bay is $2,826 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,346. Cheaper nearby regions include West Melbourne with an average starting cost of $2,750.
To help you with your search, browse the 269 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Palm Bay. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Palm Bay 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include West Melbourne with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Palm Bay find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Palm Bay, call (855) 863-8283.
26 Assisted Living Facilities in Palm Bay, FL
24 Assisted Living Facilities near Palm Bay, FL
Assisted Living near Palm Bay, FL
Other Options in Palm Bay, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Palm Bay
Review of RiverView Senior Resort
My mother is living in RiverView Senior Resort. We have had a very good experience with them. They take good care of my mom and have a lot of activities. They have very nice and clean rooms. The pe... Read more
Review of The Palms Rehabilitation & Health Care
Under no circumstances would I ever recommend this facility to anyone. The list of issues I have range from no response to call buttons for 45 minutes, inadequate staffing levels, very poor quality... Read more
Review of Glenbrooke at Palm Bay
Our visit to Glenbrooke at Palm Bay was very good and interesting. It was a nice, clean, and well-run place. The only thing that turned us off is that you need to leave the living facility and go t... Read more
Assisted Living near Brevard County, FL
More Options Near Palm Bay, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Palm Bay
Located a bit south of Cocoa Beach on the east coast of Florida, Palm Bay lures nature lovers with attractions like Indian River Lagoon and Turkey Creek Sanctuary. Palm Bay is also home to 26 assisted living facilities for seniors who need some help with activities of daily living like dressing, personal hygiene and eating, while supporting an independent and active lifestyle. There are several types of assisted living facilities in Florida licensed based on the standard of care they provide.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Palm Bay
- Although its crime rates are just slightly above the state and national averages, Palm Bay is a relatively safe city with 4.69 violent crimes per 1,000 residents per year. The national average is 4 violent crimes per 1,000 residents per year.
- Brevard County has programs like Senior TranServe and Vets Driving Vets that can assist seniors with transportation for errands like medical appointments, family visits and grocery shopping.
- The cost of living in Palm Bay is nine percent lower than the national average which should help seniors on tight budgets stretch their dollars just a little more. On the other hand, assisted living facilities in the area are a bit more expensive than in other parts of the state.
- Palm Bay has hot, humid summers and cool-to-warm winters that aren’t very long. Average July high temperatures are about 91 degrees and average January lows are near 50 degrees. Summers often come with long stretches of daily thunderstorms.
- Florida is tax-friendly for seniors, imposing no income tax and no tax on social security benefits or pensions for residents, which means more money for bills or activities.
- With countless Orlando and Space Coast attractions a short day-trip away, a host of ongoing local senior activities and numerous opportunities to enjoy outdoor coastal living, Palm Bay is a perfect spot for active seniors to call home.
Paying for Assisted Living in Palm Bay
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Palm Bay start around $2,826 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Palm Bay and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Palm Bay
Florida can assist eligible seniors with the cost of services at assisted living facilities through two state programs: Managed Long-term Care (MLTC) and Assistive Care Services. Room and board fees aren’t covered or capped, but the plan provides rate negotiation for participants. Florida also offers optional state supplementation to seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Palm Bay
Palm Bay and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Palm Bay, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Palm Bay
Palm Bay-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.