27 Assisted Living Facilities near Cocoa Beach, FL
There are 27 Assisted Living Facilities in the Cocoa Beach area, with 1 in Cocoa Beach and 26 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 154 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Cocoa Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Cocoa Beach 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Cocoa Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Cocoa Beach, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach, located on Florida's Space Coast, has many exciting attractions, especially for space enthusiasts. It is located near the Kennedy Space Center and NASA's launch headquarters, where seniors can tour launch-pad areas, meet astronauts and see rockets. After that excitement, a walk on Cocoa Beach's pier or through nearby nature preserves may be a relaxing way end to the day.
Cocoa Beach has one assisted living facility within the city limits, and there are five others nearby for seniors who need some help with activities of daily living. There are three types of assisted living communities in Florida, yet all of them have a standard license and provide meals and personal care services to seniors.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Cocoa Beach
- While health care costs in Cocoa Beach are 7 percent below the national average, the overall cost of living is 13 percent higher. If you're considering a move from a lower cost-of-living area, be prepared for higher expenses.
- Cocoa Beach's rainfall totals are 25 percent higher than the average U.S. city; however, the city gets about 15 percent more sunny days. The summers are long, hot and humid with average highs between 80 and 90 degrees. Winters are short and mild with average lows in the 50s.
- With a rate of 5.27 violent crimes per 1,000 residents per year, Cocoa Beach's crime rate is about 25 percent higher than the state and national averages, which isn't uncommon for popular tourist and spring break locations.
- Although the state does charge sales tax on most purchases, it doesn't impose an income tax on residents. Seniors moving from other states may find some budget relief with untaxed 401(k), pension and social security payments.
Senior TranServe in Brevard County offers eligible seniors free scheduled transportation for doctor's appointments, family visits and other errands. The Space Coast Area Transit provides seniors with discounted bus fares to help with unscheduled travel needs.
- Active seniors in Cocoa Beach might enjoy watching rocket launches from the Cocoa Beach Pier or visiting the nearby Kennedy Space Center. For those who prefer indoor activities, the Freedom 7 Senior Community Center hosts game clubs and fitness programs four days a week.
Paying for Assisted Living in Cocoa Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Cocoa Beach start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Cocoa Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Cocoa Beach
Two state programs can help eligible seniors with the costs of assisted living. The Medicaid Long-Term Care and Assistive Care Services programs pay for the cost of some services at long-term care facilities, but they don't cover room-and-board fees.
Florida also provides optional state supplementation payments to seniors who receive Federal SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Cocoa Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Cocoa Beach
Cocoa Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Cocoa Beach, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Cocoa Beach
Review of Magnolia House Assisted Living Facility Llc.
This is a small 6 bed facility with a great waterfront view. Magnolia house has the best staff and every resident gets wonderful individualized care. The house is always very clean and meals are h... Read more