The Fountains of Melbourne

Reviews of The Fountains of Melbourne

Assisted Living Reviews for The Fountains of Melbourne

January 14, 2017

By Bill141882

I liked everything about The Fountains of Melbourne. I liked the living quarters there; they were very nice. The rooms were adequate. I liked the programs that they had during the day. They had plenty of exercise. We were invited over there for a week, and we attended the exercise activities. We enjoyed them very much. They had a good program there, and they agreed to let me set up a club for veterans.

October 14, 2016

By Karen641181

My mom was at The Fountains of Melbourne. It was really nice. They were great people. They had a great facility. They offer assisted living there too, but I just couldn’t afford it. Mom was in independent living when we went in there. Well, it was great. She had a great 1-bedroom apartment, and the food was great. The food they had was fabulous. They have a chef there, and on all the holidays, they would do buffet style for the family to participate. It’s great.

July 27, 2016

By Christopher868375

I really liked the way everything was laid out at The Fountains. I liked their dining, the food, and the way they seemed to really put the focus on their residents. They had a really good selection and three different areas you could go to eat, so it was pretty cool. The rooms were really nice. The apartments had full kitchens in them, so if a relative stops by and wants to stay for a visit, they allow them to stay there, and while they're there, they can cook in the kitchen. They had quite a few activities in different rooms, like a fitness room that residents can go to 24 hours a day to jump on an exercise bike or treadmill.

June 30, 2016

By Vicky170674

I went to The Fountains. It was a very nice place and a little higher priced, but the amenities were really nice. It had several different dining rooms in it. They have a dining room set up for power chairs and wheelchairs because sometimes the height of the tables don’t agree with those chairs, so that they would be able to sit comfortably at a table and eat, and that’s important. The community is a lovely environment with an old Florida feel. It is nice. The staff is nice, too.

May 12, 2016

By AmandaEGJCH

The Fountains of Melbourne was very modern and very clean. The staff was incredibly helpful and friendly. The food was good. They have great activities and took people to different places, like shopping trips, to the movies, and to the beach. The apartments were a good size.

March 30, 2016

By Renee34

My friend is in The Fountains. It is top of the line as far as Florida goes. I think everything is great, except there aren't many options for specialized diets, like gluten free. Other than that, it is exceptional. It is a beautiful, table cloth kind of place. The chef is friendly and makes good food. The personnel are friendly. My friend is happy, and I never worry about her.

January 29, 2016

By Sidney3

The Fountains of Melbourne was my second choice. I was impressed with this place. It was very good.

November 24, 2015

The Fountains was the best of every place I saw. It was wonderful and beautifully landscaped. Their rooms were roomy with closets big enough for lots of storage. You don’t have to get rid of everything that you own. Their dining room is open all day long and operates like a bistro-type restaurant. The people were very nice.

November 09, 2015

By Doris40

I like the layout of The Fountains of Melbourne and the location. The building itself is in terrific shape even though it is 26 years old. It is extremely well-maintained. They have a pet policy, which is very smart. They only permit people to have a pet who have apartments on the first floor where they have patios that exit out onto the garden. That way, dogs are not all over the building and are in a spot where they cannot do damage. It is an excellent idea. They have more independent living than assisted living, which I like because it creates a better atmosphere. I had a small lunch there, and it was fine. My husband was pleased, too. Apart from everything else, the space they offer is the most generous space I've found anywhere.

July 12, 2015

The staff was very accommodating and informative. The Fountains was very clean. It was a beautiful place.

March 31, 2015

By Scott26

My mom lives in The Fountains in Melbourne. She is in the assisted living. They have both independent care and assisted living. They got three stories, and there is a cafeteria for both assisted living and the other folks. It is a really nice facility. It is very clean and very friendly. My biggest concern is not for her care but that they did not have memory care. They also did not support Medicaid. That is the reason why I was trying to look ahead of the possibility. The staffs are very professional, and it is a great place. It is probably just as nice as any place in this area in terms of the size of the apartment and the care they get. But they did not have memory care in their facility, and they did not support Medicaid. I have eaten there before, and the food is fine. They bring folks in there. I don't look at the schedule all the time but they come out with a calendar every month, and they have activities on a very consistent basis. They always have activities for them throughout the week. They have their own buses that take the folks to and from the store or the doctors. They have different doctors that come in to their facility. My mom uses the doctor, and she will literally just have to go down the hallway. They are very good.

February 10, 2015

The Fountains is beautiful, but it is just too expensive. The staff is great, and I like that they did nightly checking. They are helpful like explaining about medications or calling me to let me know if there are any issues. The apartments have a kitchen, living room, and a bedroom. The activities were really good except that dad didn't participate in it that much. He did like it when they had social things.

September 26, 2013

I am interested in The Fountains. We were invited for one of their lunch meetings to get acquainted with the place. The place is very, very clean and well maintained. They got a very nice staff. I've eaten there a couple of times and the food is excellent. The facility itself is very, very nice. I was able to see three different apartments and they were very nice. They have a beautiful dining room. They have a pool and a large meeting room.

September 09, 2013

By Diane37

The food at the Fountains is better than any place in town; it's to die for. Their rooms were roomy and well laid out, they were very nice. The staff was kind of snotty, they know they're the best in town, so they were very full of themselves. The residents love the place.

July 30, 2013

By Christine H1

I happen to know a few people who've been at the Fountains of Melbourne. It was nice because they have a lot of facilities and I could swim every day, they have a heated pool and they have activities. I like to play bridge and they have bridge games and everything else. Everything was very good except that my son wants me to be closer to him at Gainesville.

July 25, 2013

By Frances6

The Fountains of Melbourne is a happy place. I was able to visit the facility and the food is good. I did saw that the staff are lovely and friendly.

June 26, 2013

By Laurel3

This was the best of all the facilities I've visited. It was clean and the food was good. It was our choice. Bridget, the young lady who toured us was excellent.

May 11, 2013

By Maryanne3

For independent, assisted, and special-assisted living, I loved the Fountains because they were very good at it and I would recommend them to anybody.

December 13, 2012

By RGoldenstar

My dad and mom were residents of the Fountains for about four years. They received great care around the clock from the housekeeping staff, and when I would visit, the meals were very well prepared. My sister and I were worried about mom and dad being isolated but the physical therapy staff were very up beat about checking on them and incouraging them to join in activities. I could only wish to find a facility so caring when I move to an assisted living facility.

November 07, 2012

By Christine K.

The Fountains is a fantastic assisted-living facility. The staff has always been exceptionally pleasant, from the front desk attendants to the cleaning people. The food is tasty and well-prepared, with the exception of the rolls. My grandma says they're too soggy!. Activities are abundant, from bingo to Wii Bowling to dances and monthly birthday parties for the residents. The apartments are very nice; she even has a screened-in porch.

September 26, 2012

By Melbored

My grandparents moved into this community for about 4 months. They absolutely did not like living here and decided soon after that they would be better off on their own, even with my grandmother having to take care of my grandfather and his disabilities. A lot of it was that they just felt sad there, like it was a waiting room of some sort. While beautiful it just wasn't for them.After trying to stick it out for a few months they moved out and got a place of their own and they were much happier. Family members come over to help a few times a week and it makes them feel like they are still living, instead of waiting.Overall though, the grounds were beautiful, the staff was pleasant and there was nothing inherently "wrong" with the place, other than the fact that it just made my grandparents uncomfortable and sad. Many of the other residents seemed very happy and they enjoyed living there very much. It probably all depends on the family support system that someone has and weather or not it will provide a better quality of life. I know when the end came for my grandfather, he was much happier to be at home, with his family and in a place he loved.

May 22, 2012

The Fountains is a great place to stay especially for people with different needs. My Mother really loves the place. In fact she's been in this facility before. I'm pretty sure she's happy there. The facility is very nice and they have a wonderful apartments. But if there was one thing they can improve that would be the food. Because it's the same variety most of the time. I will recommend this facility to others.

May 11, 2012

By commercesd

The Fountains of Melbourne assisted living facility was one of the places we saw while looking in the area for my friend's mother. The grounds exterior was nicely maintained and designed with beautifully landscaped greenery. The lobby was clean and fresh with very friendly staff to greet us for a tour. The dining room was quite nice, with plenty of space. The meal menus all had healthy food options for all kinds of diets. The food we saw looked and smelled delicious. Healthy snacks are offered all day and whenever requested. The living spaces were very nicely decorated, fresh, clean and personalized. The fitness center had well maintained equipment and ample rooms, including daily classes. Residents may also walk around the lovely grounds safely. The many planned activities feature everything from book discussions to parties and other social gatherings. They participate in the local arts by visiting museums and galleries and seeing film and theater. This is a very nice senior living community and we could see how anyone would really enjoy living in this environment.

Independent Living Reviews for The Fountains of Melbourne

Costs for The Fountains of Melbourne

Photos of The Fountains of Melbourne

Services and Amenities of The Fountains of Melbourne

• Companion Suites: No

• Pets: Small Pets Allowed Only

About The Fountains of Melbourne

Every day at The Fountains feels like living at a welcoming resort with a variety of services and amenities to make your day unique. Close by, you’ll find the charming historic district, restaurants, shops, a mall, library, theaters and beautiful parks. The town is three miles from the beach, 35 minutes from Patrick Air Force Base, 45 minutes from Kennedy Space Center and about an hour from the pleasures of Orlando.

INDEPENDENT LIVING:

At The Fountains, we promote a sense of community and friendship. Our community features a wide spectrum of individualized services and options. The supportive team of associates anticipate and acknowledge your preferences and needs so you can customize an independent lifestyle that’s perfect for you. Within the comforts of this well respected community, you can play, live and enjoy this chapter in your life. Whatever your interests and penchant for activity, you are free to make new friends, participate in our lifelong learning classes, or just settle down with a good book in the sunshine.

Amenities:
  • Flexible all day dining - any 2 meals per day
  • Multiple dining locations featuring over 30 entrée selections daily
  • The Nook, 24-hour coffee shop
  • Expanded cable, utilities
  • Wi-Fi available in common areas and apartments
  • Weekly housekeeping and linen service
  • Emergency response system and daily check-ins
  • Front desk staff / manager on duty, 24 hours, 7 days per week
  • Apartment maintenance with 7 days per week coverage
  • Personal chauffeur service available
  • Weekly scheduled transportation 7 days per week for: shopping, medical appointments and cultural events.
  • Signature Art of Living Well program
  • Planned social and educational events as well as day trips
  • Over 25 fitness classes per week including balance and mobility programs.
  • State-of-the-art fitness center
  • Personal training and wellness assessment available
  • Hurricane preparedness plan and emergency generator on-site
  • Pet-friendly community
  • Assisted Living at The Fountains of Melbourne

ASSISTED LIVING:

If your needs change over time, you will have the opportunity to choose additional levels of service to assist you with the activities of daily living so that you can maintain the relationships and daily routines you have come to cherish. You and your loved ones can focus on simply enjoying life, while we furnish that sense of security for your future. Assisted Living residents have the option to take part in balance and mobility programs with certified senior trainers and over 20 classes per week including water aerobics, balance and arthritis programs and chair yoga.

Assisted Living Amenities:
  • Personal care plan that can include assistance with bathing, dressing and other activities of daily living
  • Three meals per day featuring flexible all day dining in multiple restaurant venues with an average of 30 entrée selections per day
  • Weekly housekeeping including personal laundry and linen service
  • Cable and utilities included (excluding telephone)
  • Scheduled transportation for local health care appointments, shopping and group outings daily
  • Signature Art of Living Well programs encouraging physical, emotional, intellectual, social, spiritual and vocational health and well-being
  • Planned social and educational events, live entertainment and more
  • Balance and mobility programs with certified senior trainers and state-of-the-art fitness center
  • Over 20 classes per week including water aerobics, balance and arthritis programs and chair yoga
  • Emergency Response System
  • One-touch pendant provided
  • 24-hour front desk staff and assisted living staff
  • Coordination of regular health care services including: blood pressure, vision, hearing, podiatry, physical therapy and more
  • Medication assistance and reordering of medications coordinated with residents’ physicians
  • Emotional support and guidance for residents and families
  • Hurricane preparedness plan and emergency generator on-site
  • Pet friendly community

Arranged on 26 acres of beautifully landscaped tropical foliage you will find The Fountains, Brevard County's most premier and preferred senior living community for over 20 years. Residents enjoy fresh coastal breezes and the convenience of being part of the ocean-close city of Melbourne.

Map of The Fountains of Melbourne