Greenwood Place Melbourne, FL

Greenwood Place (800) 385-2527

Reviews of Greenwood Place

Assisted Living Reviews for Greenwood Place

June 18, 2015

We choose Brookdale Eau Gallie for my mother because of the amenities and its proximity to my home. The staff is excellent. The rooms are reasonable and fairly priced. She is happy there. They have lots of activities. They take them to doctor's appointments on certain days. They take them to the grocery stores. They have ice cream socials, parties, PT, OT, and arts & crafts. The nurses are great. The director is terrific. I will recommend it. I thought it would take her a long to time to be adjusted, but she has in just about three weeks.

February 12, 2015

Southland Suites just didn't seem like a good fit with my dad. The staff seemed very nice. They were just doing their job, and it didn't strike me as one way or the other. The room we saw was OK; it wasn't very exciting. But it would have been OK although it wasn't very bright. The dining room was beautiful and nice. It overlooked the golf course, and it was really pretty.

January 13, 2015

By Peg4

I've moved my mom in Brookdale. It is Southland Suites. The apartments are large. She has a one-bedroom and connected bathroom. It is quite spacious. It has very nice décor. However, you do have to furnish your own furniture with the exception of wardrobes, refrigerator, and microwave. I'm actually very pleased with the level of care, particularly the staff's concern for the residents. They're very professional, but they're very caring towards the residents. They treat you like a family member. The facility doesn't have a pool or a spa, but it does have a gym. They have physical therapy on the premises. They have a doctor, an occupational therapist, and a speech therapist on premises. They have many activities for the residents, which I'm very pleased about. With regards to security, you have to buzz to be let in and out. I do like the fact that there is always assistance available 24/7, and they are very good about responding. The food is good. They have options. If they don't like something, they have one to two other options. The dining facility is very nice. The other thing that I really like about this place is that there are a lot of common areas and people congregate. The residents get together and socialize, and there is a good dichotomy between people who are in need of a lot of assistance and people who need virtually no assistance.

November 29, 2014

By LovelyLady21

I’ve been to Southland Suites. I wasn’t very impressed with it. They cared, but there was nothing that was strikingly outrageous about them. They were there for the people, but the staff came and went. They couldn’t keep anybody working there for any length of time. The staff seemed to be happy, but they were not really enthused about what they were doing. The residents seemed to be glad to be in a clean environment. The rooms were adequate. They have enough for 2 people in a room. They had a couple of single beds and a couple of single rooms. The residents kept the floors in their rooms and the outside floors spotless; it was very clean. The dining room was small, but adequate for what they had there.

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well and what we need to focus on improving. Please be assured your feedback will be reviewed and used to help better serve our residents and their families.

July 23, 2014

By Hasta la vista baby!!!

I was a resident at Southland Suites for 2 years and enjoyed each and every minute! The staff are all friendly and I made some good friends there. The activities are wonderful and I was rarely bored. It is DEFENITELY one of the very best in the area. The grounds are beautiful and watching the golfers from the immense second floor porch was wonderful.

May 22, 2013

By Alexandra2

My mother just moved into Southland Suites. My mother doesn't want to be there. She wants to be at home. But I guess she's adjusting. The rooms there are bigger than most other facilities. But the place looks a little dated and they could modernize it a little bit.

March 08, 2013

By Kimberlie

My mom is in the first stages of dementia and is in Southland Suites. They were able to accommodate my mom's needs. She's been involved with different activities. They make cookies, they do exercise programs, and she has gone out on a couple of field trips to parks and landscapes. They watch her and make sure she's okay, but she can go out and do other things. It gives her the independence that she needs right now. The more independence I give her the more her mind is working.

November 27, 2012

By ferios2183

The facility was very clean and up to date. The staff seemed to be very helpful and attentive. The current residence also seemed to be in high spirits. The facility definitely has a Florida feel to it, which might not be inline with everyone's taste. The facility includes a barber shop, laundry, library, rec room, and even a spa.

September 10, 2012

By peppergoose

Overall, I'd say this this is one of the better facilities in Melbourne. I've visited most of the other assisted living facilities within 25 miles, and Southland Suites offered not only the best price, but the best overall atmosphere. It's situated on a great location-- right next to a golf course, a school, a bank and a fire station. The Lake Washington area is one of the better areas in Melbourne, so this definitely lends to Southland's favor. The staff is very friendly as well. I would rate their staff as literally being the most amiable and hospitable in the county. This is of course due to the fact that the management is also beyond professional. I finally decided that Southland Suites would be the place where I would board my loved one! This ended up being a wonderful choice for us all. I hope that you make the same decision.

July 30, 2012

By Johnny51

Well at first I had reservtions of assisted living facilities, but when I toured the place with my family and talked to the staff I was instantly at ease. The were kind and courteous. They immediately took us on a tour when we arrived, answered any questions we had concerning the living areas, kitchen, and what kind of activities were available. The rooms were clean. In fact, everything was very clean and well kept. The residents of the facility seemed to be in good spirits and were quite eager to meet my dad and talk with him. Unfortunately we did not get there during a time when they were serving meals because I was eager to try it and also for my dad to try it and see if it is something he would enjoy. The only downside to this facility, in my opinion, is the fact it is near a golf course, a major road, and a fire station. All of which can be quite disturbing sometimes to folks who need their rest.

March 15, 2012

By Nolem0

I visted this facility and was given a tour. My impressions were mostly positive. Staff seemed friendly, but it would be interesting to see how day-to-day life goes as a resident. So, I did ask a couple of the residents what they think of the staff, and their responses were mostly positive, that most staff are courteous and easy to get along with. Activites seemed varied, there are recreation areas available and events for the retirement community were offered. Everyone seemed to get along fairly well, during my visit I did not view any interaction I would deem unpleasant. My main criticism would be, viewing the activities roster, that the events could use a little more variety. Spice of life and all that. Overall positive impressions of this provider!

October 20, 2011

By Campinas87

The facility has a pretty entrance and convenient parking. You can drive up to the door and drop off your relative by the entrance. It looks like a hotel entrance. As you walk in you are greeting by friendly faces, often times multiple. They are constantly busy, yet were willing to answer my questions. The facility is beautifully decorated with flowers and the community balcony oversees a large Florida-flat field resembling a golf course. There are community areas such as a television room and a games room. There is a pretty lake and some of the rooms face it. My grandma was in a "individual" suite, which meant she was functioning well and could stay on her own apartment-like building. She said she enjoyed the food and the company, yet she disliked some of the other members that reside there. She said she got along well with the staff except a few grumpy ones. This Senior living place is also in a area where you can reach the beach in about 5-10 minutes, and there is transportation offered to local churches if desired. My grandma knew her neighbors including all the gossip. I was pleasantly surprised to hear that some of the residents do date each other, and they attend dances and community events.

Questions about Greenwood Place

What programs or activities does Greenwood Place offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Daily Fitness classes, Outings, Educational series, Parkinson's Support Group held monthly, Bible studies and religious services, Happy hours and social gatherings, VFW post and civic organizations, gardening and much more

What transportation services does Greenwood Place offer to assisted living residents?

Schedule transportation to appointments, shopping, outings, concerts, Brevard Zoo, fun excursions

How does Greenwood Place keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Newsletters, Facebook, Emails, phone calls and monthly events and town hall meetings.

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Specialized geriatric learning courses, safety courses, Alzheimer's training, customer service training, CPR and much more

Costs for Greenwood Place

Photos of Greenwood Place

Services and Amenities of Greenwood Place

• Pool

• Pets: Yes

• State Licenses: AL8885

About Greenwood Place

Personalized Care in a Family Environment

Come experience a truly remarkable retirement lifestyle in an exceptional community of care and support. Unlike traditional Assisted Living facilities in Melbourne, FL, Greenwood Place provides all our residents with just the right amount of everyday personalized assistance they need to continue enjoying all the things they love.

We’re located in beautiful Brevard County next to Mallards Landing Golf Course and just minutes from Indian River and the Atlantic Ocean. Here, you’ll enjoy a relaxing, service-oriented atmosphere. Compassionate team members get to know you like family. Chef-prepared, restaurant-style dining is the order of the day, and innovative wellness programs, engaging activities and classes nurture the mind, body and spirit.

Assisted Living

At Greenwood Place in Melbourne, FL, we offer four beautiful apartment styles with a full bath and all the privacy and homelike comforts you expect. The intimate design of our campus makes all areas easily accessible, including the many charming community areas ideal for socializing and entertaining.

Our experienced team is on site around-the-clock to provide assistance with daily activities like personal care, medication management, housekeeping, transportation and recreational activities. Your days will be enriched through individualized service plans based on your personal needs and preferences. A wide array of social, educational and cultural opportunities keep you emotionally and intellectually stimulated, while fitness programs and a healthy diet keep you feeling well physically.

Amenities and Services to Enjoy Everyday

• Surface parking
  • Porch
  • Flat screen TV
  • Postal services
  • Community room (rental space)
  • Guest suites available
  • Meeting rooms

You can take comfort in knowing we’re a nonprofit community. That means everything we do is based on improving the lives of those we serve. Discover the finest in Assisted Living in Melbourne, FL, with the caring support that means one thing – your independence continues.

Map of Greenwood Place