34 Assisted Living Facilities near Rockledge, FL
Also serving communities of Viera.
There are 34 Assisted Living Facilities in the Rockledge area, with 5 in Rockledge and 29 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Rockledge is $3,316 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450. Cheaper nearby regions include Cocoa with an average starting cost of $2,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 189 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Rockledge. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Rockledge 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cocoa Beach with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 5 families in Rockledge find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Rockledge, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Rockledge, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Rockledge
Situated on the eastern coast of Florida, Rockledge is the oldest city in Brevard County. Rockledge is located 54 miles east of Orlando and 74 miles south of Daytona Beach and has an approximate senior population of 21 percent. Assisted living facilities (ALFs) in Rockledge are defined by the Department of Elder Affairs as centers that provide housing, meals and personal care to older adults. Seniors in this community have 40 ALFs in the Rockledge area to choose from, with five directly within the city limits and 35 nearby. ALFs in Florida fall into four distinct categories and are licensed by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Rockledge
- Because Rockledge is situated along the coast in close proximity to the Gulf Stream, the city experiences a humid climate with two major seasons: a hot, rainy summer from June to September and a dry season with moderate temperatures from October to May. Seniors who dislike the rain should consider looking elsewhere for assisted living as Rockledge gets an average of 12 more inches of rain annually than the national average.
- Rockledge has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Martin Andersen Senior Center, an organization that provides opportunities for seniors to get together to play board games, learn new skills and exercise.
- The Rockledge area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Rockledge Regional Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The Space Coast Area Transit system services the Rockledge area. Seniors over the age of 60 qualify for reduced fare on bus and paratransit lines, but should also make note that this public transportation service does not operate on Sundays.
- Seniors who are looking for assisted living within a relatively safe city in the state of Florida might do well to consider Rockledge. The crime rate in Rockledge is 22 percent lower than the country's average crime rate.
- Though the overall cost of living in Rockledge is higher than the national mean cost of living, seniors will find health care costs less expensive than the U.S. average and grocery costs approximately the same.
Paying for Assisted Living in Rockledge
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Rockledge start around $3,316 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Rockledge and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Rockledge
The state of Florida provides financial assistance for specific services in ALFs under a statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program for eligible waiver participants who are offered a private room, private apartment or unit that is shared only by consent. Seniors can also receive financial aid from the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC).
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Rockledge
Rockledge and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Rockledge, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Rockledge
Rockledge-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Rockledge, FL
Other Options in Rockledge, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Rockledge
Review of Palm Cottages
Palm Cottages seemed very nice, but the person who showed me around acted like she was inconvenienced. She was bored with having to show me around and didn't really show me anything except one cott... Read more
Review of Pineapple Garden Assisted Living
Clean place with a helpful staff. Food looked good. Relaxing setting. Read more
Review of Palm Cottages
My uncle lives in Palm Cottages. They have calendars up in the hall and up in each cottage. Each cottage can hold eight people. They have movie nights and they have a small bus that takes them to t... Read more