Crescent Wood

Offers Assisted Living and Independent Living

1800 Harrison Street, Titusville, FL 32780
Crescent Wood (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 4 days

For a limited time and number of apartments, we are offering special all-inclusive pricing. We have other incentives available for immediate move-in availability.

Reviews of Crescent Wood

Assisted Living Reviews for Crescent Wood

March 17, 2016

By Dan121674250

Brookdale Titusville is immaculate. My dad has a very big one-bedroom apartment all to himself with appliances, a washer and dryer, stove, and everything. The people are dynamite. Dad’s experience has been really great. It was an easy move in. He’s been there for about two weeks and is very happy. The staff is wonderful. I know the staff is pretty quick in helping out because when I accidentally pressed the help button, they were there in a matter 15 to 20 seconds.

August 27, 2015

By Curt5

My mom is in Brookdale Titusville. We chose it because of the cost and the convenience. It is literally across the street from us. We look at the place, and it is better than the place she was in before. I will recommend it. I will get in there myself. Everybody I meet so far is fine. It is pretty high end. For what it is, it is actually more affordable than the place that she was in before, yet it is, I think 3 or 4 times better.

December 17, 2014

By Sharon98132650

Sand Point is more expensive -- about $1400 more a month than the other facility we went to. They had a pool, and it was beautiful. They have their own apartment place, and then they also have an assisted living kind of place where it’s more like a nursing home; there are nurses in the center, and then there were like rooms like hospital rooms around it. They were there 24/7. They have so many amenities, and the dining room was lovely with table cloths. They have a pool, shuffleboard, all kinds of indoor activities, and a lot of stuff going on.

July 25, 2014

By Iamdun321

Although the staff was friendly, I was not impressed. They were feeding feral cats and raccoons on site near where the residents reside, which is potential for harm due to rabies an other infestations like fleas. The grounds flood during a long rain, which poses an unsafe environment. Also, your loved one may wait for long periods without their medications, or having their laundry done.

June 25, 2014

By Brenda36

My father had cancer and declined very rapidly. He has already passed away, but the care he received was excellent at Sand Point. He responded well. Since he was there such a short time, we had meals delivered to his room, and they would send him whatever he wanted. He was down there not being able to swallow very well, and then we had hospice come in. He had an ostomy bag which had to be changed or emptied every two hours every day, so that was a lot of care and service. It happened quite rapidly for them, and my father was incapable of helping them any longer, so they pulled everybody together who would work with him. Sand point did everything. They called over the doctors and they called in hospice. They worked very well with the hospice. He had a great room there. The place had just been renovated, and cleanliness was exceptional. It presents very well from the main lobby all the way to the cafeteria and the game room. They've been working on the rooms all along. They also repaired the sidewalks, so there was a good way for those who had walkers and wheelchairs. They put up new fencing around the place. They do an afternoon social every day, and they also take patients to doctor's appointments.

April 26, 2014

I visited Sand Point. It's just around the corner from where I live. It was beautiful. It just looked very nice and clean. The dining room was large and looked comfortable.

March 28, 2014

By Gerald4

Sand Point is part of an outfit, and I think for an outfit that big, they can do a much better job of keeping this facility. Sand Point looked beat up. It looked like it needed a good overhaul. When I came in, it left me with a kind of negative feeling, even before I went in to look at the place. The people were very nice and friendly. They showed us around. They were actually excellent, but the place was old. They need to come and do some work on it, like clean it up, dress it up, and make it look nice. It just looked very depressing. If that place was halfway decent, that would be probably the place we would go because it is right near where my daughter lives.

November 28, 2013

Sand Point was too institutional for my taste, although the staff was very pleasant. The room I saw there was barely enough for one person. I would tell others to go see this place and not discourage them from looking at it because I'm sure for some, it would be a comfortable place. However, it just did not meet what I needed.

October 25, 2013

By Caring72195450

The lady who toured me around at Sand Point showed me an apartment and I honestly was impressed with the place. They have a long waiting list and it looks like it would take probably a couple of years for somebody to get there. I just think assisted living right now is not just for me, but I have no negativity with the facility.

June 26, 2013

By Robert38

The facility was top notch. The staff was very courteous, cooperative and assisting. They were excellent. I would highly recommend Sand Point to others.

November 07, 2012

By shaddad81

My grandmother seemed to like it there. The only issue was that when she was on her own she rarely went out other than to eat in the dining room. But when she moved into a room in the assisted living, she was more involved because the people taking care of her kept her busy and social. It was a nice place, they had a pool, and a game room, it wasn't like being in a nursing home where you feel despair and unhappiness. The staff was always friendly and happy to help when I visited. They would even let me sit down and eat dinner with her when I stayed over.

August 20, 2012

By Dionysus101

It appeared to be a very clean environment. The nursing staff and CNA's (certified nursing assistants) were attentive to our needs even though they weren't always attentive to the residents. We saw that most residents who could walk were in good shape but the few who needed help doing basic tasks were occasionally ignored. Since the time we visited they have had some managerial improvements and I am sure they are much more up to par at this point. The facilities, including the food, didn't leave too much to be desired. They had quite a few cooks on staff and were very nice to us and the other visitors. Having to move a loved one to a home is often a difficult and emotional time, and they were very privy to that. They seemed very practiced in making us feel as though our close relative would be given everything they would normally have at home.

September 10, 2011

By Squishlette

My grandmother stayed at this Assisted Living facility. She started out being able to live on her own, and she had her own apartment. She would go to the dining room for meals and for social interacting. She enjoyed the staff and enjoyed the prepared food they provided. They also delivered meals if the residents could not make it to the dining room. After a few years she had to move into the Assisted Living building, where she had her own room but was looked after more closely. Whenever I went and visited her she was out in the main room visiting. The nurses there would not allow her to sit in her room alone. I found them very friendly and felt that they appreciated my grandmother for the friendly and warm woman she was, despite not being able to remember trivial things like using deodorant. After a few months I knew the employees by name and they knew me. If my grandmother had to be somewhere, I am glad she was at Sand Point.

Independent Living Reviews for Crescent Wood

May 08, 2018

By MR

Everything's was fine at Brookdale Titusville. I'm happy with it. The people were very nice, very helpful, and pleasant. My mother enjoys the food very much. It's an older community, but it's very clean. It looks safe and friendly.

August 28, 2012

By footyfooty605

At first sight the building is beautiful. For the first month or two my friend was treated like a queen. What ever she needed she received. However once the nursing staff got comfortable around her, they no longer seemed to care about her. They stopped caring about her and how she was doing all together to be honest. She would call for assistance and none of the cna or rna would come and help her, the only ones that cared were the cooks. The food is average, but the cooks are amazing. They will cook anything she wants with out a single complaint. The wait staff is great, the kids are funny, smart, and seem to really care for the residents. I really wish the Nursing staff had the same gusto as the cooks and servers. The rooms are very nice, and well kept. The building offers activities, a nice swimming pool and amazing cooks. I would recommend this place only if the nursing staff was to change!

July 24, 2012

By AaronMcClure

At first glance everything seemed okay. However as I walked around listening to the nurses I could hear them complain about having to lift so and so or not understanding so and so. I wouldn't of cared but they were doing it in front of patients in the rec room. The physical therapist that I met though was amazing I think his name was Kevin but her really seemed to care about what he was doing.

June 30, 2011

By anonymousll

When my sister's mother-in-law announced that she would be moving into an assisted living facility all of us had our doubts that this independent woman would be happy. After all, we thought that she was simply going to be living in a sterile and drab environment where her every move would be subject to criticism and restrictions. Little did we realize that Sand Point in Titusville, Florida was nothing like those imaginary surroundings-it was, in fact, much better than we could ever have hoped. Sand Point caters to seniors who either live independent lifestyles or require the assistance of assisted living communities. This woman needed only a little help due to a prior stroke that had left her with a very weak right arm and leg. Housekeeping chores, cooking and getting dressed each day had become more than she could manage. Now she lives in a wonderful apartment that is decorated with her personal furnishings so that she feels at home. There are many other seniors living here that have welcomed her into their community and the staff has made certain that she feels comfortable and safe. She realizes that the help she needs is going to be there when she asks for assistance, but otherwise she is free to live her life just the way she wants. Even the meals are better than we had first thought they would be. Fresh seafood, salads, vegetables and desserts are just a few of the selections that are available. From personal experience I can tell you that the shrimp I ate during a recent visit were perfectly prepared. The beach, good food, great friends, what more could you ask?

Questions about Crescent Wood

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Crescent Wood has organized?

We offer day trips to the beach, museums, beaches, shopping, movie theatre, and weekly bowling.

What transportation services does Crescent Wood offer to independent living residents?

We offer transportation to our residents within about a 10-mile radius.

What safety features or security measures does Crescent Wood offer to independent living residents?

We have a security officer at our guard entrance from 7PM - 11PM. We have security on-site patrolling the community from 11PM - 7 AM.

Costs for Crescent Wood

Photos of Crescent Wood

Services and Amenities of Crescent Wood

• Companion Suites: We Do Offer Companion Suites

• Pool

• Licenses: AL5758
  • State Licenses: AL3758

About Crescent Wood

Cultivating Independence. Offering Assistance.

At Crescent Wood, your independent lifestyle continues, just the way you like it. Whether you’re looking for Assisted Living in Titusville, FL, or simply a place to keep living the life you love, Crescent Wood provides the kind of support you desire along with the control you deserve. You stay in charge of your schedule, always knowing our dedicated team members are nearby should you need any support or assistance.

We’re proud to provide one-of-a-kind senior living opportunities for those living in Brevard County and beyond. Independent Living and Assisted Living options offer a quaint and comfortable place to call home. Our one- and two-bedroom senior apartments feature screened-in porches – the perfect place to enjoy a morning cup of coffee or socialize with friends. You’ll come to find that possibility surrounds every part of our beautiful community. And you’ll discover that as a nonprofit community, everything we do is focused on improving the lives of our residents and their families.

Independent Living

At Crescent Wood, we strive to optimize your independence, encouraging you to live your life the way you always have. Independent Living means you can continue doing the things you love without the added worry of home upkeep or maintenance.

Take a day trip to local Titusville attractions such as the Kennedy Space Center, Port Canaveral, Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge or the Police Hall of Fame. We’ll even provide transportation if needed. Venture to the beach or to a new shop or restaurant. Or simply stay in and enjoy mealtime the Crescent Wood way. Chef-prepared, restaurant-style meals served in our inviting dining room mean you’ll no longer have to worry about the stress of meal preparation.

At Crescent Wood, opportunity is everywhere. From fitness and wellness programs to meaningful friendships and lifelong learning, there are plenty of chances to enhance the life you love.

Assisted Living

Sometimes it takes a little assistance to get you living your best, active lifestyle. At Crescent Wood, Assisted Living options are personalized and professional. Trained team members are ready and willing to help with activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing, medication management, housekeeping, transportation and more. Each team member meets these needs with compassion and deep understanding, allowing residents to assert their independence and live their days with grace and dignity.

Services You'll Love. Amenities You'll Adore.

• Fitness center
  • Surface parking
  • Private dining room
  • Postal services
  • Flat screen TV
  • Community room (rental space)

Here at Crescent Wood in Titusville, FL, you’ll find a community full of people who are eager to live rich and fulfilling lives. A full calendar of social events makes it easy to form new friendships, try new activities and continue doing the things you’ve always loved.

Map of Crescent Wood