The 5 Best Assisted Living Facilities in Titusville, FL for 2023
Set on the Indian River Lagoon in Florida’s Space Coast region, Titusville is a city that’s home to over 48,000 residents, of whom around 23% are seniors aged 65 and older. The area offers beautiful scenery, a comfortable year-round climate and very affordable living costs. Despite its quiet, small-town atmosphere, Titusville offers plenty of recreational opportunities for seniors and access to big-city amenities, including top health care facilities.
As seniors age, families may begin to explore their long-term care options to ensure their loved ones have access to the support they need. Assisted living communities provide a social environment where residents receive individualized assistance with daily activities and personal care, along with meals, housekeeping and recreational programming. At a cost of $4,461 per month, assisted living in Titusville is more affordable than the national average.
This guide provides some insight into what it’s like to live in the Titusville area and some information about assisted living for seniors in need of long-term care services. It features a breakdown of care costs, including other care options seniors may wish to consider, and a list of local resources that offer free and low-cost support services.
Directory of Assisted Living Facilities in Titusville, FL
2805 Cheney Highway, Titusville, FL, 32780
497North Washington Ave, Titusville, FL, 32796
405 Indian River Avenue, Titusville, FL, 32796
4470 SOUTH WASHINGTON AVE., Titusville, FL, 32780
1 – 5 of 5 Listings
See Pricing for
is a Caring Star Community
Earning a Caring Star means this community is among the best Senior Living commuities in America.
COVID-19 Rules for Assisted Living in Titusville
Since most COVID-19 rules for Assisted Living Communities and other Senior Living Facilities are set at the state level, you can view the specific rules for your state on our Guide to Assisted Living in Florida. Keep in mind that every community has specific policies that they put in place to protect their residents, so you should contact your local community for more information. Additionally, you can contact your local Area Agency on Aging to learn more – find contact information here.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Titusville
As in all communities across Florida, assisted living facilities in Titusville are licensed and regulated by the state’s Agency for Health Care Administration. All facilities are required to undergo an inspection prior to licensure to confirm they are operating within the laws set by state and federal regulatory bodies. Licensure renewals, and subsequent inspections, are necessary every 2 years.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Titusville
- One of Florida’s biggest draws for retirees is its warm, year-round climate. Seniors in Titusville can look forward to snow-free winters with temperatures above 50 degrees and 239 days of sunshine per year. It is worth noting that because of its coastal location, the city often receives significant rainfall and stormy weather during hurricane season.
- Not only does the city’s pleasant climate encourage outdoor activity, but the area’s high air quality supports healthy, active lifestyles. The American Lung Association awards the city with an A-rating for both high ozone days and 24-hour particle pollution, meaning that the air seniors breathe is clean and healthy.
- Unfortunately, crime rates in Titusville are above average. Measured on a 100-point scale, the city receives a rating of 37.9 for violent crime and 51.9 for property-related offenses, which are higher than the national ratings of 22.7 and 35.4 in the same categories. However, families may have peace of mind knowing that assisted living facilities are typically outfitted with state-of-the-art security systems, including secure entry and 24-hour surveillance.
- Compared to other cities in Florida, Titusville is an affordable destination for retirees. The city’s cost of living index score is 87.9, largely influenced by low housing and transportation costs. This score is lower than both the state average of 103.1 and the U.S. national average of 100.
- Florida also sees some of the lowest tax rates in the country. All forms of retirement income, including Social Security benefits, government pensions, IRAs and 401(k)s, are free from taxation, and seniors are not required to pay estate or inheritance tax.
- Residents of Titusville have access to some of the region’s premier health care facilities, including Parrish Medical Center, which is America’s first nationally certified integrated care health care organization.
- Cities across Brevard County, including Titusville, are served by Space Coast Area Transit. In addition to its fixed route services, the public transportation system offers an on-demand, curb-to-curb paratransit service. Seniors aged 60 and older are eligible to apply for a reduced fare ID card, which can be applied to all transit services.
Paying for Assisted Living in Titusville
Seniors in Titusville can expect to pay around $4,461 per month for assisted living services.
The Cost of Assisted Living in Nearby Cities
While costs in Titusville are over $400 higher than the Florida median, they are lower than the U.S. average of $4,500. Seniors can find lower assisted living rates in several nearby cities, including Orlando, where costs are on par with the state average of $4,000. Costs in Lakeland are even lower, saving seniors more than $1,000 per month. However, Titusville is less expensive than many cities. To the north in Jacksonville, assisted living costs are about $200 more per month, and in The Villages, rates are around $750 higher than in Titusville.
The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care
Seniors who require minimal supervision and light medical care may consider adult day health care. While the services are only part-time, it costs over $3,000 less than assisted living. Both in-home care and home health care are about $300 more expensive than assisted living, though they allow seniors to remain living at home. Nursing homes, which offer the highest level of care, are the most expensive option with rates starting at $9,688 for semiprivate rooms.
Home Health Care
Adult Day Health Care
Assisted Living Facility
Nursing Home Facility (semiprivate room)
Note: Data for Titusville was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Palm Bay, was used instead.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Titusville
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free & Low-Cost Assisted Living Resources in Titusville
The following list features agencies and community-based organizations that provide free and low-cost programs and services to support the needs of seniors living in Titusville. These range from case management and benefits counseling to health screenings, educational programming and legal aid.
Aging Matters in Brevard offers a range of free and affordable services, including a senior lunch program, transportation, health education workshops and volunteer opportunities through the RSVP program. The nonprofit agency also operates a caregiver resource center.
The SRA helps seniors locate necessary services in their communities, including Medicare assistance, nutrition programs, assisted living options and elder abuse support. Seniors can call the nonprofit's free, 24-hour Elder Helpline for unbiased information and personalized referrals.
The North Brevard Senior Center aims to enhance the social, physical and mental well-being of individuals aged 50 and up. In addition to its weekly schedule of events and activities, the center offers weekly blood pressure screenings, regular health seminars and a senior food pantry. The center also features an on-site library.
The Senior Solutions Program offers programs and support for seniors, families and caregivers, including assistance with advance directive planning and counseling, durable medical equipment, living options and legal referrals. It also runs support groups.
One Senior Place is a comprehensive resource office and shopping center where seniors can access health products and services. The center hosts daily seminars and educational events and features an on-site resource library that's free to use. Seniors can also book free one-on-one consultations with specialists who can offer information, counseling and referrals.
The mission of this organization is to connect seniors with information, education and resources. It operates a free senior information hotline that individuals can call for case management and referral services and a media outreach program that delivers senior-focused content via podcasts, newspaper columns, radio shows and television broadcasts.
This nonprofit law firm features a network of over 400 volunteer attorneys who can provide free legal assistance and representation to low-income individuals, including seniors. The office handles a range of issues, including guardianship, consumer law and bankruptcy. It also hosts free legal clinics that cover topics such as wills and SSI benefits.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Titusville
Titusville Assisted Living Communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all Assisted Living Facilities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.