5 Assisted Living Facilities in Titusville, FL
The average cost of assisted living in Titusville is $3,627 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Cocoa with an average starting cost of $2,350.
To help you with your search, browse the 29 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Titusville. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Titusville 3.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cocoa with an average rating of 4.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Titusville, call (855) 863-8283.
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Titusville
Titusville is located on the east coast of Florida, along the Indian River. Seniors — almost 24 percent of the population in Titusville — have much to do in this area: the Kennedy Space Center Visitor Complex, Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge and Canaveral National Seashore. There are also five assisted living facilities in Titusville and several others in nearby Cocoa. The Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation licenses assisted living homes as either standard, limited nursing services or extended congregate care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Titusville
- With the Kennedy Space Center just up the road and many tourist-type attractions a quick day-trip away, there's no shortage of different activities to keep active seniors busy. For those wanting to stay closer to home, there are many scheduled activities at nearby senior centers.
- Cost of living is critical to seniors who live on a fixed budget. The cost of living in Titusville is about 12.5 percent lower than the national average which helps stretch income a little further.
- In addition to a lower cost of living, Florida residents' income is not taxed by the state, and that includes social security benefits and pensions. Seniors considering a move to Florida may find more financial breathing room in Titusville.
- The average monthly highs in Titusville range from 70 to 92 degrees. Most months are humid and in the 80 to 90-degree range. Winters are short and generally mild with some cooler weather on occasion. Thunderstorms are frequent, especially during the summer months.
- The crime rate in Titusville, particularly in the coastal areas, is much higher than the rest of the state. The city's violent crime rate is 7.71 per 1,000 residents per year which is nearly double the national rate.
- Seniors with transportation needs can turn to Brevard County's Senior TranServe which provides free rides for things like medical appointments, grocery shopping and family visits.
Paying for Assisted Living in Titusville
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Titusville start around $3,627 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Titusville and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Titusville
Seniors receiving Federal SSI benefits can take advantage of Florida's optional state supplementation (OSS) to help with long-term care costs. The state also offers two programs that can help cover costs of services at assisted living facilities. The Managed Long-Term Care (MLTC) and Assistive Care Services programs provide services for residents at assisted living communities throughout the state. Room and board fees are not covered, but the MLTC plan does negotiate rates on behalf of participants.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Titusville
Titusville and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Titusville, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Titusville
Titusville-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Other Options in Titusville, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Titusville
Review of Crescent Wood
Brookdale Titusville was a beautiful place. The staff was very friendly and the prices were reasonable. We talked with the person who does the tour, and she gave us all the information of the place. Read more
Review of Addington Place of Titusville
Addington Place of Titusville, FL's staff is very good when taking care of my wife. They have adopted a shift team approach so the memory care residents see the same people almost every day. The fo... Read more
Review of Addington Place of Titusville
Addington Place had a nice ratio of staff to patients, and it was clean. I just liked it. The staff was very nice, cordial, and informative. The grounds were very nice and well-kept, with nice land... Read more