The Brennity at Vero Beach

Reviews of The Brennity at Vero Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for The Brennity at Vero Beach

September 22, 2014

By daphar

I am not happy with the Brennity at Vero Beach. It is just not well-run or organized. They don't use RNs, there are no doctors there, and it is just not a good place. The assisted living is probably okay, but the memory area is very poorly run and I am probably going to move him out of there. It might be okay for a little old lady who can walk around by herself, but the man I put in there cannot. He cannot get up by himself, he has to sit in a wheelchair all day, and he is paralyzed on the left side. So they can't get him up unless there are two of them there, and two of them can't usually do it. They don't want to do it and it is uncomfortable for him. They are not interested in his care; they are more interested in what is easy for them, and what the best is for them. I had that argument with them a few times already, and he has been in the hospital twice after not having been in the hospital for years and years. They don't want to treat him there, they just send him off to the hospital, and the food is unappetizing. We got a phone in the room, and then they changed the number of the phone, so that we could not get a hold of him. It has just been a horror there. They are pretty new and I think they just don't know what they are doing. I do not think that their nurses are qualified. I don't know if they are LPNs or what, I just think they are not qualified to take care of people, and the reason is they try to save money by hiring people that are not registered nurses, so then they have her doing the same kind of work that a registered nurse should be doing. He is a diabetic -- he needs insulin shots -- and they don't know how to do it. So that is really scary and I wrote them a letter and told them that I am afraid to leave him there alone at night with some of these people who have very little ability or concern or compassion for his well-being, and that is really how I feel. The other problem is I have caregivers that go there and stay with him because I was afraid, right from the beginning. He has a lot of things wrong with him though, and they just can't do it. The Brennity is a beautiful place, but it is very new, and things are always breaking there like they had a phone hooked up and then they changed the number, the doorbell doesn't ring, and there is just a whole bunch of problems.

We are very sorry for your experience, this is not a typical experience of a resident living in our community. We will work immediately through the details of your review and we will take immediate action on what is found.

We encourage you to reach out to our District Director of Operations, Amy Stephenson at 772-342-3618 in order to arrange an in person meeting. Thank you again for your feedback.

June 26, 2014

The Brennity at Vero Beach is a lovely facility with beautiful grounds. It's pretty well maintained. The dining room looked pretty nice. Overall, the facility looked very upscale. What I didn’t like about this place is that, when I checked on the facility very early in the morning, like 6 am, there was absolutely nobody there. It's supposed to be 24/7 manning at the concierge desk. My concern is that my brother needs 24/7 care, and I think they can't provide that. Other than that, it’s a lovely facility. The staff are lovely and terrific. They went above and beyond trying to get us the help we needed, and I appreciated that, really.

We appreciate your feedback and apologize that our concierge was not at the front desk when you visited. We have one concierge on site daily from 7 p.m. to 7 a.m., and they typically make rounds of the community throughout the night. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care communities also have care associates available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to respond to resident needs.

March 25, 2014

By livinglarge

My sisiters & I looked extensively for a comfortable place fo my father. The Brennity was by far the nicest place that we visited as well as the best floor plans. Nursing care and staff are wonderful, very attentive at the start and that continues. Dad has resided there for over a year and everything is consistently above our hopes. Plenty of activities and the physical therapy on premises is fantastic. Highly recommend

January 31, 2014

We visited Brennity Vero and spent two nights there. It was very nice. The food was good. The place was very clean. The people there were very friendly. I picked this place for myself and my wife. We will be moving in at the end of January.

October 29, 2013

I like Brennity. It was good. I've been there a couple of times. We like several things about it. They did have a lot to offer. In fact, they have independent living, assisted living, and memory care. My husband does have very mild dementia and that's the reason that we're considering going into a retirement place. The people at Brennity were very nice. We had a meal there and it was a meal for a large group of people but it was very good. We did look at one apartment and it was lovely; however, we're more interested in cottages or independent villas. My other hesitation there was that they haven't been here really long and I don't want to have to move more than once. Also we didn't like as much the location of this facility.

August 14, 2013

By Pinny's Mom

Both my Husband and I have started to visit Senior Care Facilities that provide the following; Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Of the dozen that we visited, we found that The Brennity of Vero was the first on our list to really consider. We liked the Cottages that we viewed, cute, comfortable, convenient and properly sized for two Seniors. They also supply a Gulf Cart for each Cottage's occupants to use in getting around in the facilities location. We met with two of the Marketing Representative the day we visited, Terri & Megan, and both ladies were very knowledgeable and there was also a young man that accompanied both ladies that was in training, he was actually part of the Restaurant Crew. We viewed several Cottages as well as apartments, each floor plan was as nice the previous viewed. The buy-in was a lot less then most other facilities, with a decent amount of return upon leaving the location, whenever that would be. The activities for all those living either in the Cottages or inside the building were quite full, and the one item that made a big impression on us was the fact that there is a inside pool, salted and heated. This was perfect and great to know in case of bad weather or not wanting to be out in the hot sun and still wanting to do some water aerobics. I, personally liked that the very best. We viewed all the activity rooms and then we headed for the Restaurant for a delicious lunch. All in all, we both liked this facility very much and plan on visiting again and after an up and coming long get-a-way, we will be visiting the Brennity of Vero to make further plans to become an Independent Resident of their facility. We would definitely give this facility, The Brennity of Vero, a 10 Star Mark. All the Staff that we did meet and some of the Residents, were friendly and seemed to be happy either living there or as in some of the Staff we did see, liked their positions and the facility. No crabby faces or attitudes. We did witness a gentleman slip off his walker, and within seconds there were several employees and a Therapist there to help him get up and attended his needs. Like I mentioned, we are definitely considering this facility to make our move into.

July 30, 2011

By irishlove606

My grandma, who lost her husband to cancer about 8 months ago, just recently sold her gorgeous house sitting on 16 acres about 2 weeks ago. She had been looking at retirement communities and assisted living residencies for a couple months and was torn between Oak Harbor and The Lakes at Point West. Oak harbor, dubbed "croak harbor", was a more up-scale community that included an exclusive beach club membership, golf membership, fine dining, and exquisite homes. It was much larger and far more luxurious community than The Lakes at Point West. However, it was incredibly expensive. The Lakes at Point West offered my grandma a much more affordable atmosphere and the staff were extremely friendly and very accommodating. They supplied five men and two moving trucks to haul all her belongings to her new place, they prepared a five star meal and delivered it to her new home on the same day and even supplied cups and silverware. Even though it is a small community, there are many things that the place has going for it : the residents are welcoming, the staff is great, the facilities are close by, and its financially affordable. One thing is certain- though it has been tough for my grandma these past few months, the transition to her new home has been a smooth one thanks to those at The Lakes of Point West!

Independent Living Reviews for The Brennity at Vero Beach

April 09, 2018

By Barbara

I was very impressed with The Brennity at Vero Beach. If I were to go somewhere, this is where I would go. The apartments were beautiful, the individual homes were gorgeous, and they have memory care. They have a ton of activities. There are so many things that you couldn't possibly do them all. The grounds were gorgeous. They have a pool, an exercise room, and game rooms. It's beautifully decorated, and the dining room was exquisite. I didn't eat there, but the food looked delicious, and it smelled good. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. It's outstanding.

September 06, 2017

By Gail

My parents moved into The Brennity. It is very clean and well-maintained, the staff is friendly and helpful, and the food is good. The grounds and location are good. The lobby is attractive. They are staying in a two-bedroom, two-bath with full kitchen, large pantry, and walk-in closets.

January 10, 2017

By Susan787603

The Brennity at Vero Beach was very nice. Everything was immaculate. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. It was just very nice. They had a full health center with several gyms and 2 pools. There was also a putting green out there. Bingo was going on while I was there. They also had arts and crafts classes and a library. I did not try the food, but the menu looked delightful. The dining area was very pretty and well maintained. It was very nice.

January 31, 2016

By Jerry112390950

My husband had stayed at The Brennity at Vero Beach for about three months. I was also there for a full month with him. It was an extremely large complex and it had different areas for different kinds of people. My husband was able to have his own apartment there. He had one meal a day. They had a beautiful dining room and we had dinner, but were on your own for breakfast and lunch. They had a library and a large pool. There was another section where people actually had homes. There was like a little village for people who actually had the money to pay for that. They had their own home. There was another section where people needed a lot of help and for people who really needed care.

November 22, 2015

The Brennity at Vero Beach was very nice. It's just that money is the problem, and we're not quite ready yet. They answered any question we asked them, gave us lunch and a tour, and were very friendly. The rooms were very nice and big enough. The dining area was nice. too. We had a very nice lunch, and the food was good. They have activities, but I think most of them end around six, so there's not much going on at night down there, as I recall.

June 19, 2015

I liked The Brennity at Vero Beach very much, and I liked the amenities that they offered. The people working there were warm and courteous. We ate there, and the food was good. I saw some indoor activities. I had recommended them to others.

August 28, 2014

By Patricia91538550

I am living in The Brennity and it's fantastic. I have my own private apartment. I choose a one-bedroom rather than a two-bedroom because the two- bedroom is too big. The staff is very knowledgeable, friendly and good. The food is very good. I like that it has a pool. I participate in yoga, card games and bingo.

Costs for The Brennity at Vero Beach

• Staff Patient Ratio: 6 To 1

• Licenses: ECC
  • State Licenses: AL10830

About The Brennity at Vero Beach

The Brennity at Vero Beach is a preferred retirement community in the Vero Beach, FL area. Located on 38.5 acres, The Brennity at Vero Beach offers independent living cottages and apartments, assisted living, memory care and extended congregate care with rehabilitation services on site.

With a focus on wellness, The Brennity at Vero Beach enjoys a research partnership with Wake Forest University and was a recipient of the 2011 Best of the Best Award for wellness programming from the Assisted Living Federation of America. We are a community for people who wish to live a longer, healthier and happier life.

Featuring a community clubhouse that includes dining services, pub, Internet cafe, game and activity rooms, multi-media center plus a wellness center with heated therapy pool and exercise equipment, our community offers more social and fun opportunities than one could receive in their current house and at an affordable price. With us taking care of all the house and lawn upkeep, the paying of bills, the cooking of meals, and the planning and set up of parties and events, members get to spend more time enjoying their family, friends and interests.

Experience The Brennity at Vero Beach and experience a maintenance-free lifestyle in a fun and exciting gated community. Living here could indeed impact your life by helping you live a longer, healthier and happier life.

Assisted Living Facility License #10830

Indoor salt water heated pool - Golf membership to all IL residents - Golf carts provided for Cottages - Wellness program - Onsite rehab

Map of The Brennity at Vero Beach