32 Assisted Living Facilities near Port Saint Lucie, FL
Also serving communities of Okeechobee.
There are 32 Assisted Living Facilities in the Port Saint Lucie area, with 23 in Port Saint Lucie and 9 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Port Saint Lucie is $2,562 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 225 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Port Saint Lucie. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Port Saint Lucie 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Stuart with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 8 families in Port Saint Lucie find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Port Saint Lucie, call (855) 863-8283.
23 Assisted Living Facilities in Port Saint Lucie, FL
9 Assisted Living Facilities near Port Saint Lucie, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Port Saint Lucie
Port St. Lucie is a coastal town in Florida located 125 miles southeast of Orlando. With an approximate senior population of almost 25 percent, Port St. Lucie provides its senior community with 22 assisted living facilities (ALF) directly within the city limits. In the surrounding area, an additional 16 facilities are available. ALFs in Port St. Lucie are regulated by Florida's Department of Elder Affairs, whereas the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation oversees facility licensing across the state.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Port Saint Lucie
- One of the benefits of living in Port St. Lucie, like other cities in the state, is that Florida does not have personal or state income tax. Because Social Security is also exempt from taxation, seniors can spend more money on either assisted living costs or recreation.
- Port St. Lucie experiences a humid climate with temperatures ranging between the 70s and 90s all year long. Because Port St. Lucie is situated on the cost, the city is at risk for hurricanes and other dangerous weather. Seniors should be aware of the risks of moving to Port St. Lucie and learn how to prepare for hurricanes in the event of an emergency.
- The Port St. Lucie area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the St. Lucie Medical Center and The Martin Emergency Center at St. Lucie West, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Port St. Lucie has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Adult Activity Center of the Treasure Coast, an organization that offers activities, such as games, for cognitive improvement, physical exercises and instruction on nutrition and the aging process.
Public transportation in Port St. Lucie is provided by the Treasure Coast Connector transit system. Because of a grant from the Florida Department of Transportation, all rides are free for seniors who reside in St. Lucie County.
- The overall cost of living in Port St. Lucie is comparable to the national average cost of living. Seniors who choose to live in this area will find grocery, transportation and health costs cheaper than in Miami, which is around a two-hour drive away.
Paying for Assisted Living in Port Saint Lucie
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Port Saint Lucie start around $2,569 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Port Saint Lucie and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Port Saint Lucie
Eligible seniors can receive financial aid for paying for assisted living in Port St. Lucie via the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC). Additionally, the state of Florida also pays for certain ALF services through a statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Port Saint Lucie
Port Saint Lucie and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Port Saint Lucie, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Port Saint Lucie
Port Saint Lucie-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Port Saint Lucie, FL
Other Options in Port Saint Lucie, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Port Saint Lucie
Review of Life Care Center Of Port Saint Lucie
this has been the second stay I have had at life care due to total knee surgery, sadly last time I gave this place a triple a with excellent nurses, help in the rooms cleanness, and the staff in th... Read more
Review of Life Care Center Of Port Saint Lucie
Horrible. CNAs do not care or are too overworked. It is nearly impossible to get answers to any questions. The treatment plan meeting was a joke. Only the nurse showed and when I requested that O... Read more
Review of Watercrest St. Lucie West
Watercrest St. Lucie West was very nice, brand new, up to date, clean, and in a convenient location. They have all kinds of activities for the residents. The staff was very professional and had a l... Read more