42 Assisted Living Facilities near Palm Beach, FL
There are 42 Assisted Living Facilities in the Palm Beach area.
To help you with your search, browse the 226 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Palm Beach. Better rated regions include West Palm Beach with an average rating of 3.8 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Palm Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Assisted Living near Palm Beach, FL
Assisted Living near Palm Beach County, FL
More Options Near Palm Beach, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Palm Beach
Seniors living in Palm Beach, Florida, can enjoy all that coastal living has to offer. With 47 miles of coastline and 160 golf courses, seniors have plenty of opportunities to soak up the sun. In addition to shopping, dining, and adventure, seniors looking for assisted living have 57 facilities (ALFs) to choose from. Florida ALFs are defined as facilities which offer 24-hour supervision of residents and assistance with activities of daily living, such as personal care and medication management. The Florida Health Care Association is charged with the governance and regulation of these facilities.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Palm Beach
- Palm Beach experiences warm summers with average highs of 88 degrees Fahrenheit and temperate winters with average lows of 57 degrees. Seniors with limited mobility can be active all year round in this climate.
Crime rates in Palm Beach are lower than the national averages, making it a safe and secure place for seniors to live. Violent crime is at 19.6 out of 100, (1 being the safest) compared to the U.S. average of 31.1. Property crime is ranked 24.1, compared to the U.S. average of 38.1.
- The Palm Tran transit service provides reliable public transportation services throughout the Palm Beach area. Seniors can take advantage of reduced fares and wheelchair accessibility to get to doctors' appointments or to run errands.
- Florida seniors on a budget may be at a severe disadvantage in Palm Beach. The cost of living here is 116 percent higher than the national average — with a score of 216 compared to the national average of 100.
- Seniors who are fans of the stage can enjoy a night on the town seeing a show at the Maltz Jupiter Theatre, or make an afternoon trip to take in an exhibit at the Boca Raton Museum of Art.
- The Palm Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Palm Beach Gardens Medical Center in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Palm Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Palm Beach start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Palm Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Palm Beach
In 2014, the state of Florida replaced all their HCBS waiver programs with the Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC-LTC) which helps eligible seniors pay for assisted living costs. Florida also has the Optional State Supplement (OSS), a non-Medicaid program available for qualified seniors.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Palm Beach
Palm Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Palm Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Palm Beach
Palm Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.