48 Assisted Living Facilities near Lake Worth, FL
Also serving communities of Greenacres.
There are 48 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lake Worth area, with 13 in Lake Worth and 35 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lake Worth is $2,968 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 354 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lake Worth. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lake Worth 4.2 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lantana with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 7 families in Lake Worth find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lake Worth, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lake Worth, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lake Worth
Lake Worth, located in Palm Beach County, Florida, was known by the name of Jewel at the turn of the twentieth century, and eventually renamed after the lake near the growing town. There are 63 assisted living facilities (ALF) in the Lake Worth area, with 14 directly within in Lake Worth and 49 in surrounding regions. The Bureau of Health Facility Regulation oversees facility licensing in four distinct categories of ALFs in the state: standard, which includes housing, meals and personal care; limited nursing services, which includes 24-hour nurse supervision; extended congregate care, which allows residents to age in place in a residential environment despite mental or physical limitations; and limited mental health care, which includes care for those suffering from mental disorders. ALFs in Florida are regulated by the Department of Elder Affairs, and there can be as many as several hundred residents in each facility.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lake Worth
- Cost of living is significantly cheaper in Lake Worth than in the rest of the state and the US at large, with an overall score of 94 as opposed to Florida's 101 and the national average of 100.
- The Lake Worth area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Select Specialty Hospital - Palm Beach, Atlantic Clinical Research Collaborative - Cardiology and JFK Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lake Worth is an extremely dangerous place for seniors to settle with a violent crime rate of 91 compared to the national average of 31. Property crime rate is also significantly higher at 62 compared to the nation's 38.
- In the Lake Worth area, and throughout the state of Florida, Social Security income and pension income is excluded from taxation. With less money spent on taxes, more money can be spent on assisted living costs in Lake Worth.
- Palm Tran is the public transit bus system run by the Palm Beach County Government, serving Lake Worth, Florida, and surrounding areas. Seniors aged 65 and older ride Palm Tran buses at a reduced fare every day.
- Air quality is a little above average, with a ranking of 68 in comparison to the national average of 58. This rating is based on measures of hazardous air pollutants.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lake Worth
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lake Worth start around $2,693 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lake Worth and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lake Worth
The state of Florida provides eligible seniors with financial assistance from the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC). Additionally, Florida covers specific services in ALFs with a standard or specialty license under a statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lake Worth
Lake Worth and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lake Worth, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lake Worth
Lake Worth-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lake Worth, FL
Other Options in Lake Worth, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lake Worth
Review of Finnish-American Village
My mom has been at Finnish American Village since last fall. The various activities and the opportunities for social connection has been great for her. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly. T... Read more
Review of Finnish-American Village
The staff was friendly. Always said hi when I passed them. They stopped in my mom's room just to say hi. They have lots of activities and entertainers who come in to play for them. This is the be... Read more
Review of The Landing of Lake Worth
My mom was the first resident at the Landing and so we have seen the staff (and resident population) grow over the last year-plus. I have the highest regard for the landing and its staff! The fac... Read more