Brookdale West Boynton Beach

Reviews of Brookdale West Boynton Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Brookdale West Boynton Beach

March 31, 2020

By Ricki

The person that gave us the tour at Brookdale West Boynton Beach was fantastic. The living atmosphere there was very nice and the set up was nice as well. It's not that they were not capable, it's just that they did not have the outdoor space that the place we ended up choosing had. The staff was very nice though.

We are sorry to see we have not met your expectations, but we appreciate you sharing your feedback from your tour.

August 15, 2019

By Mary

My mother is in Brookdale West Boynton Beach. The nurses are great, and the aides are good. They have bingo, black jack, and they do the rosary on Sundays. The staff is very attentive and caring. The food is good. There's a 24-hour nurse available, which is perfect.

November 20, 2018

By Randi2824

I just wanted to send you a note on your staff at Brookdale west Boynton. As you know, my Mom broke her hip back in September and has been rehabilitating to return. These last two weeks she kept telling me that she could not wait to get back to Brookdale. She did not like the food or the care where she was being rehabilitated. She often told me that even though she could be cranky with the aides she cared for them and missed them. I have always been completely comfortable and satisfied with the care your staff has given my mom. It has been a blessing having her there and I would recommend Brookdale highly. Keep up the great work!

March 29, 2018

By Sandra

We liked Brookdale West Boynton Beach very much. It was very homey and very nice. The person during the tour was very knowledgeable. The food was very good, and the dining area was very nice. We liked the exercise room, the social room, and the card room. The salad I had was good.

September 06, 2017

By Linda

Brookdale West Boynton Beach was a bigger facility than other places we saw and it had very good food. It had a library, Bingo, an exercise room, and people were out and about and seemed to be engaged. We didn't like the apartments there though because they were on the small side and not as nice as other places. They were very comparable.

April 05, 2017

By L.K.

My father is in a studio at Brookdale West Boynton Beach. The staff seems nice, friendly, and accommodating. The food is mediocre, and the service is very slow.

March 07, 2017

By Clare374518

We really like Brookdale West Boynton Beach. The people there were very friendly and accommodating, but when they sent the nurse out to evaluate, they said they are not the facility for my father-in-law. Their grounds are very, very nice.

November 02, 2016

By Veronica Paige

This is the kind of community I knew immediately would be right for my loved one and all of us who visit! We were treated professionally and with respect throughout our interview and tour. The follow up telephone calls were timely, helpful and once we were ready to make a decision for my grandparents, Brookdale in West Boynton Beach made the overwhelming details for my mother seem easy. I cannot thank them enough for helping us through this stressful time. We spend more time as an extended family now than we have in years. Thanks you for giving us our peace of mind back Brookdale WBB!!

May 10, 2016

By YolaQPYHE

I was very pleased with Brookdale West Boynton Beach. I liked that they were very friendly and that the residents looked very happy. The place was clean. I liked the idea that their assisted and memory care were not in separate buildings. I would give this place a high rating.

February 13, 2016

By Sukismama

Brookdale West was a nice place, and great location.

August 30, 2015

By Anonymous111967950

Brookdale West Boynton was more like a hotel. They told me that I will have to have my own person taking care of my mother. I visited this one, and it was very nice, but it was more for younger people. I talked to two different people, and I am not interested because I could see that there were no Spanish speaking people. The residents seemed very capable of taking care of themselves. It certainly looked very good to me, but I don't think it is appropriate for someone with advanced dementia. Really, I saw a lot of ladies that seemed to have their own personal assistance, but obviously the place provided only limited assistance, and if you are past that stage, then you have to have your own helper. For someone who wants to be in a hotel setting -- not in an advanced memory care facility -- it would be nice. I don't have anything against them. I just think it wasn't what my mother needs because she is too advanced in dementia.

We appreciate you taking the time to visit and share your feedback. We are committed to quality service and care and will review your feedback with our management team.

July 14, 2015

I ended up placing my mom in Brookdale West Boynton Beach. It is clean, and it is a pretty place. The people were OK. They have some activities, but I personally feel there should be more. The food is pretty good.

March 27, 2015

By Kimberly14

There was no clubhouse and no amenities in Brookdale West Boynton Beach. They had limited activities, and there was no place to have music or happy hour.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. We are sorry we did not meet your expectations upon first impression. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to visit again!

December 13, 2014

By Asker

My mother was in hospice for five weeks at this facility. The first week, there was no hot water.. The room was outdated. The first couple of weeks when I attempted to communicate with staff they either did not know who my mother was, or, did not return my calls. The service in the dining hall was worse than terrible- staff take 20-30 minutes to even take food orders, then another 20 minutes to serve. The servers have terrible attitudes, upsetting residents. If you care about your parent, look elsewhere. Staff needs training and facility needs upgrading.

We deeply regret that we were unable to meet all of your expectations. We want to thank you for your feedback and please know it will be reviewed and used to better serve our residents and their families in the future.

October 16, 2014

By Elaine24

Mom was here in their assisted living, as well as in their memory care unit. The staff were wonderful, and their rooms are beautiful. Mom initially had a one-bedroom studio, and it was very spacious. We haven’t gotten the chance to eat there, but Mom seemed to like the food. Their dining room is beautiful. The place is very secured, especially in their dementia wing. The facility is very high class in their operation, and that is very good.

August 30, 2014

By Kevin13

It is a very impressive facility. It was spotless. The senior staff members helped me with regards to assisting the transfer of my wife to the facility. They were very excellent in handling all of that. With the food, there are some things that she likes and some things she did not, but that is typical for that age anyway. I think overall, it was very good. They do offer choices and their dining area was very nice.

August 29, 2014

By ED23

My mom seems to be happy here and so long as she is happy, we are happy. She has a suite and it's a small room, but it's working for her. She does complain sometimes about the food because some times, when they ask for something, it takes them a very long time to bring it. Sometime when she's eating a hotdog and she wants catsup, she has to wait 15-20 minutes for them to come back and bring catsup, but the food seems fine. She seems to like the activities and they have bingo. She says that the staff is fine. I like the cleanliness of the place. However, I thought they can improve on the food that they have available because they staff will just bring in what they want and that's it.

June 25, 2014

By Mary86006850

The staff is absolutely wonderful. They've gone above and beyond, and I mean all the staff, from the highest paid to the lowest paid. Whenever I've needed help, they've helped me. Whenever I call, they connect me with the right person. It has just been a really wonderful experience. My uncle is very happy with the food. I'm not, because I'm a gourmet caterer, but he's very happy. The sanitation is excellent. I'm very pleased about that because I'd seen some of these senior developments that are filthy, and this one is very clean.

December 30, 2013

By Rey20

The people were nice. It's a larger facility. They have long corridors and it's more institutionalized. It may be better for somebody else but not better in this case. It's a nice facility and its suitable for what it offers.

October 03, 2013

I went and a lovely young man showed me around and gave me very good information about it. I was impressed with the layout. At the time of my visit, they were re-decorating and refurbishing, so I don't know what it looked normally. Aside from assisted living, they also have an Alzheimer's and dementia area. The rooms were okay. They also gave me a sample menu and it looked very nice. They also have lots of activities but the people in the ALF weren't capable of doing as much. They also have a little library for them. If my parents would need assisted living, I would consider this place. It seemed like a good quality place.

August 26, 2013

By Caring Kare

I have already found a place for my mom. I have no problems with them. It has been very good so far. Their staff is very nice.

August 01, 2013

By Lyn Lederkramer

I liked it and it had a pool. It was in a good location. It was near a shopping center. But it was more on assisted living.

Independent Living Reviews for Brookdale West Boynton Beach

May 04, 2020

By Beth

Brookdale West Boynton Beach was a very nice community. We just walked in ourselves and the staff just happened to quickly show us a room. It looked like the place was nice and the people were also nice. We didn't have a scheduled visit, but the room that we saw was very nice.

November 22, 2016

By Lou574207

Brookdale was terrible. We really did not care for that. It was really old, and it smelled old. The rooms were not nice at all. They had some terrible staff in there. The food was terrible. Tthe waiters and the waitresses could have been a little bit friendlier and nicer. They were not nice at all. They were kind of rude. You would ask them one thing, and they would bring you another.

October 16, 2014

We were looking at Boynton Beach apartments in the independent living facility. The bathroom was not off of the master bedroom; it was near the front door. The way it was laid out was not good. It looked like they have a wonderful activity director. She seemed to be lively, caring, and had a lot of good ideas, but all the things that were listed didn’t all happen. I don’t think their dining room service was very good. I got the feeling they were skimpy with the food.

Thank you for taking the time to visit and share your thoughts about our community. Please be assured that we are always trying to engage our residents through scheduled programs and outings designed with their interests and capabilities in mind. Our community leadership is also working hard to utilize the new Brookdale dining program. We would love for you to keep us in mind and come back to visit again!

March 29, 2013

By Peter5

It was an attractive and clean place. The rooms were appealing and neat. The staff were really amiable. The residents were happy there. They had a good program.

Memory Care Reviews for Brookdale West Boynton Beach

Questions about Brookdale West Boynton Beach

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

Brookdale provides monthly and annual in-services to ensure our associates are trained to care for your loved one

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Brookdale West Boynton Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Brookdale West Boynton Beach is a Supportive Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care. Supportive Living is for those who are independent but could benefit from being in a community with a blended atmosphere of IL and AL. Supportive Living prospects are usually right on the cusp of AL and get all the benefits of an assisted living setting, such as security on staff and nursing available 24 hours a day. They get to age in place without ever making a move from IL to AL. Our average age ranges from 80-85 years of age.

What programs or activities does Brookdale West Boynton Beach offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brookdale's activities are resident-driven and we focus on making sure our activities are surrounded by the six dimensions of life. These include a spiritual outlet, Intellectual and brain stimulating activities, emotional support, physical awareness and social engagement, ending with a purposeful life. We have outings to restaurants, shows and theaters or our residents can stay in and play a deck of cards or take a swim in the pool.

What places are near Brookdale West Boynton Beach or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

We are very near to the Jewish Community Center, lots of doctor's offices and shopping areas.

What transportation services does Brookdale West Boynton Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We offer transport within a 10 miles radius and have a contract with Lyft to help transport when we can't

What makes the chef or dining program at Brookdale West Boynton Beach exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Brookdale West Boynton Beach's wants to make sure we satisfy each resident's taste buds. Our menu contains 4-5 different entrees to choose from. We also cater to those with diet restrictions such as soft and/or mechanical diets and have nutritious options that hand picked by our dietitians. There is always a healthy option available that is low in cholesterol and sodium.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale West Boynton Beach offer to assisted living residents?

We have security available between the hours of 8pm-6am to assist with making rounds and responding to emergency. We have nurses available 24 hours a day and we do frequent checks on our residents at night to make sure all is well. Each bathroom has a pull cord and each resident is given an emergency pull cord. We are very near to hospitals and just 3 minutes away from the Fire Station. We offer supervision and escort to those who need them.

How does Brookdale West Boynton Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

Brookdale keeps family members informed about their loved ones via email or phone calls. We accommodate family preferences.

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Brookdale West Boynton Beach during daytime and nighttime hours?

Brookdale does not use ratios. Instead, Brookdale staffs according to care needs. We understand that not all residents have the same needs. Some of our residents are independent and require no care, while others require care minimal to heavy assistance. We want to make sure those who need care receive the care they need, at the time they need it.

If Brookdale West Boynton Beach accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

We have such a beautiful walking path around the community and we love pets!

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

Monthly trainings are done to be in compliance with licenses.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

Brookdale West Boynton Beach is surrounded by doctors offices, malls, shopping areas, religious centers and entertainments center.

What transportation services does Brookdale West Boynton Beach offer to independent living residents?

We will transport to and from doctors appointments within a 10-mile radius. We also offer shopping outings twice a week and trips to leisure activities.

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale West Boynton Beach offer to independent living residents?

We will provide an emergency call pendant that is monitored internally. Each bathroom has a pull cord just in case an emergency occurs and security is available after business hours.

We have beautiful outdoor grounds for our friendly friends and we love pets!

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

What safety features or security measures does Brookdale West Boynton Beach provide to protect residents who wander?

We have a security camera at our front desk area and a sign in and sign out log. We also follow resident patterns and doctors' orders. We also have a security guard on staff after hours.

What programs or activities does Brookdale West Boynton Beach offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Brookdale West Boynton Beach collects a profile on each Memory Care resident prior to move-in. This helps us discover who our residents are and what makes them happy in life. We build a lifestyle surrounded around brain-stimulating activities, music therapy, movement, socialization and their life story.

Our Director of Nursing along with our residents primary doctors work together to constantly assess our residents as they age in place. There is an initial assessment process before move-in and other will be conducted after 30 days of move-in, to make sure we have given our resident time to adjust. Assessments will continue to be done when there is a change in condition.

How does Brookdale West Boynton Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Describe the neighborhood around Brookdale West Boynton Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

We are located in West Boynton Beach right across the Aberdeen Country Club. We are surrounded by A-rated schools, hospitals, doctors offices, restaurants, shopping centers and our dearest friends-the fire department who are quick to respond to resident emergencies.

Is Brookdale West Boynton Beach affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

Brookdale West Boynton has established partnerships with nearby hospitals and rehabs to accommodate our residents and enhance the continuum of care.

Costs for Brookdale West Boynton Beach

• Walking Wheelchair Assistance

• Licenses: 9384

• Get Costs

About Brookdale West Boynton Beach

Brookdale West Boynton Beach is a senior housing community that provides a home-like setting with cheerful smiles from the professional staff. The caring staff offers assistance while respecting residents' independence. The peaceful setting combined with restaurant-style dining, activities and a beautiful setting create a wonderful living environment. This facility offers unlimited opportunities to get to know other residents through special events, activities, clubs and ongoing cultural enrichment programs.

Map of Brookdale West Boynton Beach