50 Assisted Living Facilities near Lantana, FL
There are 50 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lantana area, with 7 in Lantana and 43 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lantana is $3,480 per month. This is higher than the national median of $3,400. Cheaper nearby regions include Lake Worth with an average starting cost of $3,007.
To help you with your search, browse the 343 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lantana. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lantana 4.0 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Delray Beach with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 12 families in Lantana find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lantana, call (855) 863-8283.
7 Assisted Living Facilities in Lantana, FL
43 Assisted Living Facilities near Lantana, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lantana
Lantana is a small town just west of South Palm Beach in Florida. This coastal location offers just over 800 feet of shoreline for seniors to enjoy the sunshine and to get in plenty of outdoor exercises. Approximately 15 percent of the 11,824 population in Lantana is 65 and older. For those seniors who require assistance with daily living, there are seven assisted living facilities located within the town and 55 nearby.
Assisted living facilities in Florida provide routine personal care under a standard license and limited nursing services and extended congregate care under a specialty license. These homes are regulated by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lantana
- Lantana has few facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major medical hospital located in Atlantis.
- Transportation to and from medical appointments and for errands to the supermarket and other locations in the area are provided for seniors through the Palm Beach County Palm Tran. Individuals aged 65 and older may ride the Palm Tran buses at a reduced fare daily.
- Lantana has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Palm Beach County Division of Senior Services, an organization that promotes quality of life for seniors and their caregivers as well as one senior center.
- Seniors looking to retire in Lantana may find it challenging when on a strict budget. Based on the national cost of living average of 100, Lantana has a cost of living of 114.2. This is also slightly higher than the state's average of 111.
- Mild year-round temperatures make Lantana the ideal place for seniors who can't tolerate the cold. January lows are around 57 degrees while July highs are around 89. The area gets approximately 59 inches of rain per year.
- Crime is a concern for seniors who live in Lantana. Based on a scale from one (low) to 100 (high), the rate of violent crime is 52.9, which is compared to the national average of 31.1. The rate of property crime is 59.1, compared to a national rate of 38.1.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lantana
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lantana start around $3,430 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lantana and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lantana
The state of Florida offers a couple of waiver programs to help eligible seniors pay for an assisted living facility. The Managed long-term care program provides payments for semi-private and shared apartments in facilities with a standard license. The assistive care services help pay for services in assisted living facilities and licensed adult family homes. An individual may qualify for both or one of the programs. Family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lantana
Lantana and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lantana, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lantana
Lantana-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lantana, FL
Other Options in Lantana, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lantana
Review of Atria Meridian
Atria Meridian was very nice and very clean. They're very courteous, and the residents seemed happy. They had different programs and transportation to shopping centers and to the doctors. They serv... Read more
Review of Carlisle Palm Beach
Carlisle Palm Beach was lovely, and the staff was very knowledgeable. It's in a great location. They had a pool and a library. There were a couple of different places you could go to eat. The dinin... Read more
Review of Atria Meridian
Atria Meridian is an older place and needs to be redone. It is by far not as modern as other places. Other than that, it's a comfortable place. The dining room is cheerful and the rooms are very ni... Read more