Carlisle Palm Beach

Reviews of Carlisle Palm Beach

Assisted Living Reviews for Carlisle Palm Beach

April 18, 2017

By Kate152186

Independent living at Carlisle Palm Beach was fine, but the assisted living and memory unit were definitely not up to par. There was not enough staff, and the patients were walking around aimlessly. It was an accident waiting to happen. I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving my father there.
We appreciate your feedback, and were sorry to hear that your visit at Carlisle Palm Beach was not a five-star experience. We practice an open-door policy, and would love to hear any additional thoughts or comments you may have. Please feel free to reach out to our Executive Director at our community phone number. Thanks!

December 19, 2016

By nbach

My mom, is so happy at the Carlisle. The Carlisle is a warm, welcoming place, and she feels very fortunate to be there. We are so grateful to all the managers, plus the folks at the front desk, the staff in the dining room (Rick and Chef David), the people who help her at Living Life at Home, and her favorite pianist, Joe, who makes Happy Hour so happy.

December 09, 2016

By Dlep

I visited looking for my brother. The facility was beyond gorgeous in all of the common areas. I was so surprised when we saw the apartment that it was outdated. Everyone we met was friendly and the young lady who showed us around was beyond knowledgeable and kind. I could look past the outdated apartment since everything else was so nice. However, my biggest fear was that I would have to park 7 miles away as there was absolutely no parking and this really bothered me. It is a shame with such a gorgeous community and the prices they charge that they do not offer valet and concierge type living. I will still give 5 stars because everything else shined during my visit. Parking however is a 0.

December 03, 2016

By Merri511152

My aunt was at The Carlisle Palm Beach. It was very nice with compassionate care, and they had memory care, which was what I needed. It was a clean environment.

November 09, 2016

By Fred134410

The Carlisle was ornate and very clean, and the representatives were very friendly. They also run a waiting list going out 60 plus days. The assisted living dining room was segregated from the independent living dining room. The initial entry fee at $5000 was pricey. This was one of the nicest places in Florida.
Thank you for taking time to share your feedback - we were so glad to hear how much you enjoyed your experience at the Carlisle! If you have any additional input or feedback as to how we could deliver a five-star experience, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Executive Director, Chris, at our community phone line. Thank you again!

June 29, 2016

By sj22

The Carlisle runs a very professional operation and never for a moment did I feel that my loved one was in anything other than a safe and comforting environment. The memory care provided a great sense of security. The staff was beyond professional.

May 24, 2016

By hfine

My 7 year stay at the Carlisle has been a happy and wonderful experience. I have had the pleasure of interacting with the entire staff and found everyone to be helpful and caring. The entire staff tries to make your stay meaningful and memorable.

May 10, 2016

By caregiver_1059053

My mom lived in the independent living facility of the Carlisle (and loved it) until her dementia became more progressed and she needed more care. I looked into other nearby facilities, but decided that Legacy Court, the memory care part of the Carlisle would be the best and easiest transition for her. Donna, Karen, Taylor, and Tricia the director of Legacy court were extremely helpful and supportive during this transition. My mom has been at Legacy Court for over a year now, and it was the best decision that my brother and I made. The entire staff there, from the front desk, housekeeper, activities personnel, caregivers, nurses and even servers are the most caring people I have ever seen. They treat every resident with personalized care and respect. They also know each and every resident so well, their likes dislikes, etc...it just amazes me each time I visit. What ever training they they do there is incredible! They have a variety of activities every day....something for everyone! Some of the employees that I just love, and are great with my mom are Jennifer , Marjorie, Chantel, Melissa, Marie, Rhonda, Evet, Susan at the hair salon, Cheryl from PT, and Mildred the server. I am sure I am forgetting several names!! They are like one big family there, and when I visit I feel part of that family. If I ever have a question or concern Tricia the director or Chris the manager of the Carlisle are quick to respond which is very important to me. Living in a different state, it is a blessing that I can sleep at night knowing my mom is as safe and happy as she can be at this stage of her life. Thank you, to everyone at Legacy Court for making that possible!

November 11, 2015

By Happyinparadise

We toured almost every community within 20 minutes of Lake Worth. The Carlisle was far superior from their apartments, amenities, services and staff. We had the pleasure of meeting Jillian, Donna and Taylor through the the tour to move-in process and they all were so warm, knowledgeable and always responded to our questions. Since our mom has moved in the staff has gone above and beyond, making every day for her the best day. Everyone from Angela to Carmen to Corrine to Bonnie to the lovely Johnita we are so grateful to have moved her here.

November 09, 2015

By Doris40

The Carlisle Palm Beach was a nice place. It was very elegant, but the square footage was small. The facility was removed away from shopping areas, so you have to drive quite a distance to get anywhere. However, it was an elegant place, and it was very nice. They have assisted living and independent living, too. What I didn't like was that the independent people had their own separate dining area, and the assisted living dining area was definitely less elegant. One was better than the other and didn't have the same atmosphere.

July 20, 2015

The Carlisle looked a little shabby. I felt like they weren’t putting enough money back into it, but they were charging quite a bit because of the location.

Thank you for your comments. We are excited about some of the big improvements that are planned for this year and already underway. I would love to talk to you in more detail about these upcoming renovations as well as hear any additional feedback you have. Please feel free to call me at (561) 533-9440, I look forward to speaking with you. Justin Brown, Executive Director

May 24, 2015

By ZELDA SCHLEMERHORN

I HAVE LIVED HERE FOR 2 YEARS...THE STAFF ARE PRETTY FRIENDLY & HELPFUL..tHE FOOD FOR A GROUP FACILITY IS SATISFACTORY.. PEOPLE WHO COMPLAIN ABOUT THE FOOD EXPECT A GOURMET RESTAURANT FOO FOR FAST FOOD PRICES.. FACILITY IS CLEAN & EXCEPT FOR +++THE EAST LOBBY ELEVATOR+++ WHICH IS STAINED, DIRTY, UNPOLISHED FOR THE WHOLE TIME I HAVE BEEN HERE WITH PROMISES THAT IT IS ON "THE LIST" tHE CLEANING STAFF ARE CONSTANTLY C.LEANING EVERYTHING.THE DIFFICULT PART HAS BEEN THE RESIDENTS...LOTS OF CLIQUES, A FAIR AMOUNT OF COMPLAINERS.mY APARTMENT IS GREAT, i'VE A NICE VIEW OF THE OCEAN, AND cARLILE SERVICE CLEANS IT ONCE A WEEK. KAREN IS A GEM, HEAD OF ACTIVITIES, AND A BIG HELP ALWAYS HAS A SMILE, AND WITH HER NEW HAIRDO LOOKS VERY YOUNG. :) i HOPE TO BE HERE IN GOOD HEALTH FOR A FEW MORE YEARS..(I'M ONLY 90)

May 15, 2015

By Mary Ann Blackwell

Excellent, staff outstanding. Mom's last 2 years were the best they could be.

April 30, 2015

By Sandra105655850

Carlisle Palm Beach was a very nice place. It was a little too big. I think he would have gotten lost there, but it was a beautiful facility. It seemed like there were a lot of activities and a lot of things to do. There was nothing negative. It is a very good place, and I would not hesitate to send anyone there.

April 17, 2015

By Abe Freed

I have lived at the Carlisle over four years and compared to other places, it's the best. The staff from Justin to Jillian and Donna – from Rick and Mike in the dining room who always greet you and make you feel most welcome – to chef David who makes the food appetizing and taste good. The dining staff are well trained. To Karen and Ruthame who keep you busy that make living at the Carlisle so enjoyable. I love it.

April 02, 2015

By Gary48

I visited Carlisle Palm Beach. It was a very nice facility, but it seemed very expensive to me. The staff was very helpful. The building was beautiful. They have a very nice facility, but I didn't go into the rooms, and I did not eat there. The main reason I didn't get into details was because they didn't offer skilled nursing, and I wanted a place that offers skilled nursing. Plus, Carlisle Palm Beach was very expensive. However, I would recommend them because it was a beautiful facility, it is very near the beach, and it is very, very nice.

March 13, 2015

By Devastated in So FL

Please read this before you decide to place your loved ones in memory care at The Carlisle. I wish I had known beforehand the devastation that this would have on our 85 year old dad, a 20 year US Air Force test and fighter pilot and Korean War veteran. Dad has advanced dementia/Alzheimer’s disease and sometimes becomes agitated and combative. After our mother passed away in May 2014, I moved Dad down to South Florida to live in The Carlisle near me so I could visit him almost every day. We also hired 24/7 private aides to care for him at that facility. Perhaps being too new to memory care, The Carlisle has some untrained aides and nurses as it relates to defusing agitation/aggression in dementia patients. There are also some that are very good and are experienced and caring. At the end of January of 2015, unfortunately, The Carlisle felt they should call 911 as Dad became combative and the police report showed they were called about a “mentally ill person” and Baker-Acted him. I wish The Carlisle had just asked me to come and pick him up and never bring him back and I would have complied without hesitation. We were in the process of trying to get his meds right as his episodes had been increasing over the past months. A nightmare ensued and 6 weeks later he is still in rehab trying to learn how to walk again. Please find out if any ALF that you are considering will handle these situations where your loved one and family might be put in the same devastating and life altering situation that our family is now in.

March 10, 2015

By Guest3

While looking for my father I toured this communities memory care. I loved the whole community- beautiful grounds, spacious apartments and excellent staff. Unfortunately it was too far of a drive for me.

December 09, 2014

The Carlisle Palm Beach was a disgrace. It was rundown, and we had a very bad tour guide. The rooms were very unappetizing.

December 09, 2014

By Elise2

The Carlisle Palm Beach an independent and assisted living facility. It is upbeat, and the experience was nice. They treat my aunt wonderfully. When she had a fall, they both stood up, I would go down and get food, and they would serve us. They were wonderful to her, and she loves it; it was a great experience. It was a little bit expensive, and the independent care are now smaller. The part is not good. She had a one bedroom apartment with a washer and a dryer, and the kitchen was very nice. It’s very small, and that was fine to her. She is very happy, the people were friendly, and the food was great. There are lots of great amenities, and I could see that they’re probably going to redo the independent living. It looks ready to be revamped and modernized; the carpets started to look like gray.

February 28, 2014

By Kelly12

Carlisle Palm Beach was a beautiful facility; however, it was just extremely high-end. Nevertheless, it would be a very nice place for seniors and the people who work there are very helpful.

August 29, 2013

By VisitingAngel

I visited Carlisle Palm Beach for my friends. They have very professional staff. Their apartments are very nice and well kept. However, at the time of my visit, I really didn't see any activities. There were a few residents sitting in the lobby, but they were in their wheelchairs and not doing anything. Also parking in Carlisle was terrible. It was horrendous trying to find a place to park there.

July 10, 2013

By Goldstein

I toured the community for my parents. My folks are ready to move into the community. It was the first they looked at but the service was outstanding they felt they did not need to keep looking

August 19, 2012

By Legal Wej

This is a very beautiful place but also very expensive. It fronts a beautiful hotel. There were chandeliers and everything, so you can just imagine what this place doesn't have. There's even a unit where it's still under construction. The staff was nice and friendly. There were different accommodations to choose from and they're all gorgeous. Like other facilities, they offer all kinds of recreation to their residents.

July 21, 2011

By JMFriedman

This facility has a great location, but they advertise it as Palm Beach. It's in Palm Beach County, but it's really in Lantana. Lantana has more of a laid-back feel, and isn't as ritzy as Palm Beach - it's about 20 minutes away from the real Palm Beach. It's across the street from the ocean. I don't think it has an ocean view, but it's very close to the ocean. They have a lot of walking trails, and it's landscaped very nicely. When you pull up, it has a very impressive look. It looks like you're going to a fancy hotel or country club. It has very nice Mediterranean architecture, and the lobbies are very nice. Once you get into the residents' areas, however, it's a step down from how it looks on the outside - inside it's sort of like your standard assisted living facility. The common areas are nice - they have some TV rooms and other common rooms. The food looks good. I haven't eaten it, but I know that they invite families for Thanksgiving and other holidays and that the food then is very good. They kick up the food a notch for holidays. In general, the food is good, but nothing extraordinary. Compared to the common areas and the lobbies, the rooms are a step down. They're adequate, but a little small. They have a kitchenette and a sitting area, plus a small balcony. They also have more of an apartment style living for independent living. The resident that I know mentioned that her main concern is that the staff isn't always very attentive. She needs help getting down to the dining room, and they'll help her in the morning, but they're not always as attentive about helping her get down to the dining room in the evening. The staff member I met when I was there seemed friendly, competent, knowledgeable, and pleasant.

Independent Living Reviews for Carlisle Palm Beach

October 27, 2015

I visited The Carlisle, and it was beautiful, but my one turn off of it was that it is only beautiful if you're in independent living. And then if you're in assisted living, you're not allowed to go into the big, beautiful dining room; there were limitations to where you're allowed to go. I thought The Carlisle seemed beautiful and attractive, like a fancy hotel, but that was only most appealing if you're in independent living. Once you're in assisted living, you have to eat in a different, smaller dining room on a different floor. Overall, because they were perfectly good for what they were doing, I would give them a 4. However, I wouldn't want to be the assisted-living patient there, touring the place, thinking I would have access to the whole big, beautiful place if I wasn't really allowed to go in the prettiest area. It is most appealing for independent living and less appealing for memory care.

April 15, 2015

By NBachrach

What separates the Carlisle from other senior facilities is not just the beautiful premises and the delicious food; what truly separates the Carlisle is the professional staff who work tirelessly to bring joy into the lives of the residents. If you’re looking for a welcoming community, with people who like their jobs and spread good feeling, this is the place. There all kinds of activities, day and night. There are pianists and sing-alongs at Happy Hour, live shows every Saturday night, a cinema with two movies a day, lectures, fashion shows, pet shows, and of course there are card games and bingo! My mother is living the good life at the Carlisle, and not just because she’s winning at bingo.

November 03, 2014

I toured The Carlisle Palm Beach. Everybody was very nice. They offered transportation, entertainment, and it was like living in a hotel. You were free to come and go as you pleased. The place was very clean. The only thing that I objected to was the meal plan because I wanted a flexible meal plan. I just don't want to be limited to have these three meals a day. However, I was very impressed. It was a very lovely place, but it was just not for me. It was right across the street of a shopping center. Hospital and clinics were also nearby.

October 16, 2014

Carlisle Palm Beach was a very nice facility, and it has a wonderful location -- it's right near the beach. It's a block from the ocean, and there is a nice shopping center across the street. The facility is very upscale. They have cars and drivers to take people where they wanted to go. There seemed to be a number of people sitting together like they were on a cruise, and they didn’t look like they needed any help. They have a lot of intellectual activities, and it's really for someone who is very independent.

May 20, 2014

Of all the places I've seen, the food is the best at The Carlisle. They have movies twice a day. They have cocktail partys, as well as piano all Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. They bring in a lot of lectures and a lot of religious services for everybody. Some of the staff are good, some are bad. It's a pretty building for the location and nice apartment. The rooms are fine. The food is excellent. The driver service is a little deficient. They need more cars. You have to wait too long for them to pick you up after they drop you off.

Questions about Carlisle Palm Beach

What ongoing training does the staff receive in dementia care?

monthly

Describe the overall population of assisted living residents at Carlisle Palm Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active population, residents range from 67 to 101. They enjoy our enriching activity program daily.

What programs or activities does Carlisle Palm Beach offer to enrich residents' well-being?

Brain Health University. HMA Genetics testing on proper medication management.

What places are near Carlisle Palm Beach or within walking distance for assisted living residents to enjoy?

Plaza Del Mar - offering Publix, Boutique stores featuring Chicos, Evelyn & Arthur etc. Neighbors the Atlantic Ocean.

What transportation services does Carlisle Palm Beach offer to assisted living residents?

Cover the entire county of Palm Beach for physician appointments. Take residents to grocery store, bank, scheduled outings: dining out, theater, museums, malls, etc.

What makes the chef or dining program at Carlisle Palm Beach exceptional? What kind of menu can assisted living residents expect?

Cooked fresh daily, variety of options.

What safety features or security measures does Carlisle Palm Beach offer to assisted living residents?

24/7 nurse in the building

How does Carlisle Palm Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones?

constant communication

What is the care staff-to-resident ratio at Carlisle Palm Beach during daytime and nighttime hours?

beyond state regulations

If Carlisle Palm Beach accepts dogs or cats, what indoor/outdoor areas can they enjoy?

outdoor small dog park

What ongoing senior care training does the staff receive?

ongoing monthly

Describe the overall population of independent living residents at Carlisle Palm Beach. What is their average age? What are their favorite things to do?

Active population, residents range from 62 to 103. They enjoy our enriching activity program daily.

What places are nearby for independent living residents to enjoy?

What are some recent off-site events that the community activity director at Carlisle Palm Beach has organized?

Trips to Kravis, Norton Museum

What transportation services does Carlisle Palm Beach offer to independent living residents?

What makes the chef or dining program at Carlisle Palm Beach exceptional? What kind of menu can independent living residents expect?

Cooked fresh daily, variety of options.

What common areas are available for independent living residents?

Cinema, Pool & Spa, Cafe, Card Rooms, Library, Internet Lounge

What safety features or security measures does Carlisle Palm Beach offer to independent living residents?

24/7 Security

small dog park

Does Carlisle Palm Beach work with an agency or registry to provide nursing and medical assistance as needed?

Yes we have in-house

How many staffers are on duty in the daytime and overnight?

over state regulations

What safety features or security measures does Carlisle Palm Beach provide to protect residents who wander?

24/7 security

What programs or activities does Carlisle Palm Beach offer to keep residents engaged? How does the staff engage residents' long-term memories?

Award Winning Embrace program

Nurse every 30 days or when a change occurs

What techniques does Carlisle Palm Beach use to support memory care residents during mealtimes?

Part of our Embrace program

How does Carlisle Palm Beach keep residents' families informed about their loved ones' health?

Smartphone App and normal communication methods

Describe the neighborhood around Carlisle Palm Beach. Is it located in a residential neighborhood, a business district, a rural setting, or other type of locale?

highend small safe town

Is Carlisle Palm Beach affiliated with a hospital if more care is needed?

great relationships in community

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

• Tai Chi

• Home Sale Assistance

Nurses

• Nurses Extra: We Have 24 Hour Nurses.

• State Licenses: 11965313

About Carlisle Palm Beach

Senior assisted living at Carlisle Palm Beach offers residents the best of both worlds. All benefits of our senior living community are combined with a full spectrum of senior care services to create a premier senior assisted living community. Residents enjoy beautiful surroundings, on-site amenities and social programs alongside continual on-call medical care.

At Carlisle Palm Beach, we adhere to state-of-the-art standards of senior assisted living while providing a special touch. Our residents receive personal and comprehensive care and are consistently treated with the dignity and respect they deserve. Whether our residents need help with day-to-day activities, getting to appointments, or medication management, our caregivers kindly and competently meet those needs.

Our assisted living community in Lantana has been purposefully designed to provide you or your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. We foster community and family by hosting many activities and events each month. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and outings as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

At Carlisle Palm Beach, our residents live life to its fullest as they age in place.

Assisted Living Amenities

• Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • All utilities and basic cable included
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team

Our memory care community in Lantana has been purposefully designed to provide your loved one with a nurturing, comfortable, home-like environment that is attractive and easy to navigate. Residents are encouraged to participate in as many pursuits and as they like, appropriate to their ability. No matter what, everyone is treated as an individual person with unique needs.

Carlisle Palm Beach offers independent living in Lantana for seniors who are able and inclined to live independently, but crave the comfort, security and social opportunity a retirement community offers.

On-call assistance and maintenance-free living means you never need worry about anything but living life to the fullest! Just steps from your front door, you'll find easy access to a fitness center, media room and a wide assortment of activities, as well as special events and regularly scheduled outings into the community.

If you are looking for a vibrant, active place to call home during your retirement years, Carlisle Palm Beach will fulfill your desires. Come visit us and see how great senior independent living can be.

Independent Living Amenities

• All utilities included except telephone and cable
  • Housekeeping and maintenance service
  • Guest Suites
  • Individually controlled heat and central air
  • Scheduled transportation to local shopping and medical appointments
  • Safety features including smoke detectors and sprinklers
  • Award winning Wellness Everyday™ programs, provided 7 days a week
  • Beauty and Barber Shop
  • Fresh, seasonal cuisine prepared by the dining service team
  • Dining for Wellness™ - educational and wellness program
  • Brain Health University™

Across the street from the Atlantic Ocean on the corner of A1A. Lantana Nature Preserve surrounds our community with beautiful walking trails. Full Service Breakfast Buffet. Transportation to Physician Appointments covers the entire Palm Beach County area M-F. The community is able to provide a very high level of care at The Carlisle meaning we can do the following: Colostomy bags, urinary catheter or stage 2 pressure ulcers that are some services that a normal assisted living would not be able to provide.

Map of Carlisle Palm Beach