Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road

Reviews of Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road

Assisted Living Reviews for Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road

October 18, 2013

By Cindi1

Heron's Run just wasn't well kept. The office was on the second floor. When I got off of the elevator, it was dirty looking, and I didn't wanna see anymore. I didn't go any further. I wasn't happy. They have to clean it up.

September 27, 2013

By Jeanne Burdsall

My 92 year old mother has been at Heron's Run for four years and we love the place!! The new director, Marge Silberman, is warm, friendly and extremely efficient. The facilities have been renovated and are clean and homey looking. They have 24 hour health care and Mom is in great health. She has not been really ill since she got there. She has gained weight and with the care she is getting will definately outlast me and she may live forever. The recreation director is Minette Smith and she is phenomenal. The entertainment she provides with top quality singers and musicians as well as intellectually stimulating discussion groups has me visiting Mom a lot just to participate in the activities. For example, my mother has a major crush on John Timpanelli, a singer who comes frequently and brightens up the days of the female residents. Howard provides group discussions that keep seniors engaged, talking and awake. I visited many facilities before I put my mother in Heron's Run and it was the caring, environment where the residents can be actively engaged that made us choose Heron's Run and more importantly kept us there so long. I would definately recommend anyone put their loved one in Heron's Run.

August 07, 2013

By If You Care...

Don't be fooled by the ambience, the overly friendly administrators and activities director at Heron's Run. This is NOT a place you want to leave someone you love. Here is a story that will convince you to keep on going-don't stop at Heron's Run-don't pay their outrageous fees fees. This is not "Assisted Living' as you envisioned an ALF to be. My mother, is 89 years old and was living alone in her condo. She was using a walker to get around, but the family realized she should not be living alone. We looked at Heron's Run in West Palm Beach and decided this would be the perfect place for Mom. Well, not two weeks after she moved in, she was told she had to use a wheelchair at all times because she had fallen twice. From approximately April 6 until August 1, 2013, my mother's condition went from OK to horrible. Going to visit her every day I didn't see the decline, however the neglected condition she was in was recognized immediately by my sister who is a RN and lives far away. We took Mom immediately to the hospital ER, where the first 2 doctors she saw, the ER doctor and the Admitting Dr could not believe that she came from an ALF. They asked me several times "are you sure she wasn't in a nursing home'?. I assured them she wasn't. Mom was dehydrated, suffering from malnutrition has dysphasia, difficulty swallowing, had lost 20 plus pounds in 4 months and is totally incontinent now. She is into her 6th day in a critical care unit at a local hospital with no idea when she might be discharged. If you care....run as fast as you can from Heron's Run...I am only giving them 1 star because I can't submit my review without at least giving them a star rating.

March 09, 2012

By cmp2491

Other

First time ever putting my 99 yr old mom in facility so I could go on vacation. Several days in I started getting notes from my son that she had fallen and been removed to hospital. Hospital continued the problem and gave her unnecessary nedication thereby making her more dizzy. She previously had no medical issued in spite of her age. They were rough with her to wake her up for breakfast; forgot to remind her that it was time to eat and I believe overall neglected her. Would never use them again and would not recommend. Had to cut my vacation so that I could bring her home. She is doing "perfectly fine" at home and doesn't have a medical problem.

Costs for Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road

Photos of Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road

Services and Amenities of Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road

• Companion Suites: We Do Not Offer Companion Suites

• Nurse On Staff: Onsite 24/7

About Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road

At Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road, residents enjoy an active, engaging lifestyle that promotes wellness and independence. It is our goal to keep our residents linked to resources and opportunities that will fulfill their needs and interests in the West Palm Beach area. Residents have many opportunities to participate in a variety of life enriching activities and events designed to stimulate the mind, body and soul.

Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road is Family. Our mission is to provide a supportive environment that promotes safe independence, purpose, dignity, and health by enhancing the “Spirit” of our residents through social engagement of caregivers!

Designed to provide a full spectrum of services that support healthy living, while maintaining your individuality.

Whether short-term, following an illness or injury, or permanent, our assisted living program utilizes trained healthcare professionals to help determine your specific needs, and around the clock staff to provide the services when you need or want them – allowing you to devote your energies to a life well-lived!

AMENITIES

Living at Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road allows you to be free from the daily rigors of cooking and cleaning so you can maintain the liberties and freedoms of your retirement lifestyle in one of our spacious apartments. Our dedicated staff will take care of the grounds, the housekeeping and other chores; leaving you time to enjoy life’s simple pleasures.

Our monthly hospitality package includes three delicious home-cooked meals each day, weekly housekeeping with linen service, planned events and activities, scheduled transportation, and paid utilities, except telephone. Your retirement can be as active or as relaxed as you prefer in our community – just like home, surrounded by your favorite collectables and furnishings.

COMMUNITY AMENITIES:

• Pet-Friendly
  • One bedroom and studio apartments
  • Lovely dining room
  • Lifestyle and wellness activities
  • Exercise classes and wellness activities
  • Weekly housekeeping and laundry services
  • Reading lounge and card room
  • Full-service beauty salon
  • Resident and guest parking
  • Private individual interior mailboxes
  • Landscaped courtyards and patio areas
  • Interior & exterior maintenance of buildings, grounds, and apartments including all community provided appliances
  • All utilities including cable and Wi-Fi (except personal phone)
  • Emergency Call System in each apartment home

Care giving comes in many different faces and services that work together to give the best possible care for each resident to feel loved and cherished! We are all CAREGIVERS at heart!

Map of Argo Senior Living at Haverhill Road