37 Assisted Living Facilities near Royal Palm Beach, FL
There are 37 Assisted Living Facilities in the Royal Palm Beach area, with 10 in Royal Palm Beach and 27 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Royal Palm Beach is $3,357 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include West Palm Beach with an average starting cost of $2,759.
To help you with your search, browse the 144 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Royal Palm Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Royal Palm Beach 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Wellington with an average rating of 4.5 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Royal Palm Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Royal Palm Beach, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Royal Palm Beach
In Royal Palm Beach, the close proximity of the shoreline and an average of 232 sunny days per year may appeal to senior citizens who benefit from warm weather and ocean breezes. This plus six assisted living facilities are available in Royal Palm Beach. Another 50 assisted living homes are located in the surrounding area, providing a variety of services that enable seniors to remain independent while getting the help they need with daily tasks. Facilities in Royal Palm Beach, and all of Florida, are regulated by the Department of Elder Affairs.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Royal Palm Beach
- While the summers in Royal Palm Beach are warm with the average highs in July averaging around 91 degrees Fahrenheit, the winters are pleasant with the average January low around 54 degrees Fahrenheit. Seniors won’t have to deal with snow here; however, they should prepare for the hurricane season that runs from June 1 to November 30 each year.
- Seniors who have respiratory conditions will likely delight in the fact that Royal Palm Beach has an air quality of 72. This is well above the national average of 58, so the air in this city is much better.
- The cost of living in this city is higher than the national average. While the nation’s cost of living index is 100, this city’s is 114.8. The cost of health care index is 103, which is only slightly higher than the national average.
- A low violent crime rate might draw some seniors to this city. The national rate for violent crime is 31.1, but it is only 25.9 in Royal Palm Beach. The property crime rate of 42.6 in Royal Palm Beach is higher than the nation’s average of 38.1.
- Royal Palm Beach has a special social organization for seniors. The Young at Heart Club focuses on the city’s residents who are 50 and older. Monthly day trips, social activities, and luncheons that include activities help to boost senior citizen’s connection with arts and culture in the city.
- The Royal Palm Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Palms West Hospital, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in Royal Palm Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Royal Palm Beach start around $3,241 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Royal Palm Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Royal Palm Beach
The Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program and Program of All-Inclusive Care are both Medicaid waivers that might help Florida senior citizens to cover some costs associated with assisted living.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Royal Palm Beach
Royal Palm Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Royal Palm Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Royal Palm Beach
Royal Palm Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Royal Palm Beach, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Royal Palm Beach
Review of Cassie's Castle III
It's been a while since I visted Cassie's Castle III . The staff that I met were very friendly. They have a nice clean home, and I have no concerns about cleanliness. The residents look comfortable... Read more
Review of Caring Angels Home of Florida Inc
My mother-in-law is in Caring Angels Home of Florida Inc. The director is very warm and very friendly. We really connected with her. She has made it worth everything. She's made a nice connection w... Read more
Review of Orange Blossoms Villa, LLC
Orange Blossoms Villa is a private home for six residents. It has personalized care because it's very homelike. It's like living in your own home. They have a living room, activities and the dining... Read more