76 Assisted Living Facilities near West Palm Beach, FL
Also serving communities of Riviera Beach.
There are 76 Assisted Living Facilities in the West Palm Beach area, with 26 in West Palm Beach and 50 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in West Palm Beach is $2,666 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,450.
To help you with your search, browse the 413 reviews below for assisted living facilities in West Palm Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in West Palm Beach 3.8 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lake Worth with an average rating of 4.2 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in West Palm Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in West Palm Beach, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in West Palm Beach
Though it frequently gets overshadowed by Fort Lauderdale and Miami to the south, West Palm Beach is a growing and bustling city of 110,000 residents, 18 percent of whom are 65 or older. Seniors in the area needing assisted living care may choose between 27 facilities in West Palm Beach.
As in all of Florida, assisted living facilities (ALFs) in West Palm Beach range in size and scope of care. They are licensed by the Bureau of Health Facility Regulation.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in West Palm Beach
- Palm Tran runs a public bus system through the Palm Beach and West Palm Beach area, making it easy for seniors to navigate the city. Seniors can purchase monthly passes and daily fares at a discount by showing their driver's license, state ID or Palm Tran photo ID to prove they are age 65 or older.
- The violent and property crime rates in West Palm Beach are 41.9 and 67.3 out of 100, respectively. These numbers are substantially higher than the national averages of 22.7 and 35.4. That said, most assisted living facilities offer security features to keep residents safe, such as locking exterior doors, surveillance cameras and guards.
- West Palm Beach has plenty of arts and culture for seniors to enjoy, including McCarthy's Wildlife Sanctuary, Cholee Park and the Palm Beach Maritime Museum. The Kravis Center, located downtown, is a nonprofit performing arts venue where residents can enjoy theatre and musical performances.
- The cost of living in West Palm Beach is about 18 percent higher than the national average. However, certain items that tend to be regular purchases for seniors, such as groceries and utilities, cost less than average in West Palm Beach.
- Seniors in West Palm Beach pay no state income tax on their Social Security benefits or on distributions from private retirement accounts, such as pensions and 401(k)s. This favorable tax treatment allows seniors to put more of their money toward quality health care.
- The West Palm Beach area is home to world-class medical facilities, including JFK Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
Paying for Assisted Living in West Palm Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in West Palm Beach start around $2,666 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in West Palm Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in West Palm Beach
Seniors living in West Palm Beach have two financial assistance options that help cover the costs of assisted living: the Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program and the Optional State Supplementation program. Seniors can apply for both programs through the Palm Beach office of the Florida Department of Children and Families.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in West Palm Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in West Palm Beach
West Palm Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near West Palm Beach, FL
Other Options in West Palm Beach, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in West Palm Beach
Review of Wyndham House
I dint think there's enough space to say how wonderful a place Wyndham House is. We placed my mother in law at Wyndham about a month ago. Jorge H. and his wife are just two of the most caring and ... Read more
Review of Savannah Court of the Palm Beaches
My Dad needed a safe place to stay where he would get quality care and 3 hot meals a day. Although he did not want to leave his apartment, after touring and getting lots of information, Dad became... Read more
Review of Hidden Garden Assisted Living Residence
My wife was living in a very clean room, was always well groomed and looked after by excellent staff and owners. Given her condition I could not have asked for more. She passed May 7th 2019 in the... Read more