Vi at Lakeside Village

Reviews of Vi at Lakeside Village

Assisted Living Reviews for Vi at Lakeside Village

June 30, 2011

By anonymousll

As a frequent visitor to Vi at Lakeside Village I am always impressed by the elegance and charm of this assisted living facility. The seniors who reside here and the staff become friends and you can see that respect and independence are both shared and nurtured. There is a wide array of classes available and participation is encouraged but no one ever feels pressured to register for any of these scheduled events. After all, these people are adults who are leading independent lives. If someone has a specific interest then the staff tries to accommodate this by incorporating it into the event schedule. Bingo, card games, chess, checkers and trivia contests are some of the favorite daily activities, but there are lots of other things to do as well. I have come to visit and then participated in some of these events with my friends. It is always such fun to be around such a happy group of people.

Nursing Home Reviews for Vi at Lakeside Village

December 22, 2017

By Newly educated

My parent lived at the Vi in Independent Living, and it was great. Beautiful place, activities, great staff. Parent purchased a lifestyle that included "forever care." Parent/kids never looked at the Assisted Living or Skilled care facility until parent needed it. Our experience is pretty much the same as knowgray below. It is not a good facility. They nickel and dime you with inflated charges for supplies, food, etc. It is absolutely imperative to hire additional outside help as they are very understaffed. Also, the staff is not well trained. We had several emergencies and close calls where the staff never even noticed a problem. Were it not for our outside aide or visiting children, our parent would most likely have died.

October 18, 2017

By bernadette gray

My mother lived there for almost 2 years. She was very unhappy. It’s a clean, pretty place, but the halls of the independent side remakes of urine. The security was good and good was top of line, but fattening. The cleaning people surfaced cleaned and basically you need your own cleaning person. No outdoor pool, no one sits at the bar or goes to the evening activities, not enough. Very expensive for what you are getting, not the best area and when she was in the rehab for a couple of weeks, it actually seemed livelier. I would reclined the rehab, but not the independent; there are many other places that are far superior are doctored up.ssslizueliz

January 14, 2017

By GoDolphins

I was in the skilled nursing facility for about a week. The TV did not even have a guide and the remote didn't work for the first two days. The food was just "bad." Help did not come very quickly when I rang the buzzer for assistance. The bed was comfortable enough and the place was clean. If this is one of the best facilities in the area, I'd hate to experience the others.

June 17, 2016

By Ellen173038

Vi at Lakeside Village was much more expensive than other places, and we couldn't afford it. The staff looked very caring and attentive. They had a lot of activities. The dining area was very nice, and they had a library and a gym.

May 04, 2016

By knowgray

Beware of entering a "tiered" facility, because if down the road you find yourself needing assisted living or nursing care, you may not end up very happy. My parents are at Vi. They've been in independent living, assisted living and now nursing care. This review is, in particular, about the nursing care center - the place where you or your loved ones at Vi will end up if you need a lot of care. If you end up as a long term care resident, it is a warehouse - albeit a clean one, with a crew of aides that are generally quite good at their tasks. But (A) the place has the feel of a plantation (a bit disconcerting for those of us who don't live in the south), and (B) there is little-to-no truly individualized attention to the "whole person," and (C) emotional and social care is deficient, and (D) the food is generally far from wholesome and healthy (think fatty, sugary, salty). The care center administrator is all about putting up barriers to doing anything for individuals -- it is show. This is the crux of the problem. The place is not staffed with enough help - so exceptional care ... forget it. And the medical care - mediocre. They are good at following instructions and prescriptions, but don't expect them to be proactive, or even be able to identify anything beyond an urgent problem in their midst. And despite the fact that music has been shown to be a useful therapy for everyone, the administration won't even pay for a music/radio package through Comcast. You get the picture. You will NOT be wowed by this place if you explore the care center. My recommendation: Stay away.

April 27, 2015

By Mazzanesa

Vi is an excellent community. However I would seriously recommend they terminate the contract of the company that runs the salon. The chaos and mismanagement is the only bad thing there. It should be a cleaner and more equipped salon and easier and less stressful on the residents

March 15, 2015

By Miss Peggy

I would like to thank the entire staff of Vi at Lakeside for the wonderful care that I received during my short stay. The nursing staff was amazing,,the restaurant staff was superb and the PT/OT personnel were right on point. I came to the facility directly from Delray Hosp.(another fine institute) where no one seemed to know of Vi...on my follow up Dr visits I spoke highly of Vi to them. I would recommend Vi to all my best friends & family. Please extent my sincere thank you to everyone there

March 11, 2015

By Audrey18

There is another one that we put my father in, Vi at Lake Side, and it was very good. I had my father in there for several months, they had total rehab, the nurses were wonderful, and they had a full service restaurant where if the family stays, they could meet there. It was like going to a hotel. I noticed the cleanliness, the cheerfulness, the excellent care, and the excellent rehab. My father broke his pelvis, and even at 103, they got him up and walking, they took care of him, and it was wonderful. It also cost $8,000 a week. The room was beautiful, light, with big bathrooms, and it was all handicapped accessible. Everything about it was perfect. The care was exceptional.

December 30, 2014

Vi is the best, but it is for the people who have a lot of money. My father stayed there last August for 21 days that Medicare provided. Then he had to leave because he could not afford what they charge for skilled nursing. It was the best, and I tried to get my father back in there, but they had no beds available. My father didn't have the income to stay there. Their food was excellent. They made the patients feel like they were in restaurants. Their dining room was beautiful. They had not just one alternative, but 3 different alternatives. The quality of the way they treated the older people -- their way of life -- was 100% They didn't make them feel down; they keep things going, and they had activities all day long. The dining room was like you're in an expensive restaurant. You sat down and eat. They also allow the family to come in and eat with them. But it's basically for people who have money.

February 13, 2014

Vi was nicely done and they had a wide range of options including two bedroom and big three-bedroom apartments. However, it had no outdoor swimming pool, it was more expensive than where we were and was too far from where we want to be.

August 05, 2011

By robinpeggy

My mother and her husband have not yet used the assisted-living facilities in this community, as they are still in independent living (at 87 and 95 respectively!). But my mother fell during a group walk, and they insisted on her getting care. She probably would have ignored it on her own. The scan uncovered some stuff (misdiagnosed at Kennedy Hospital, but that is not the fault of Via, Florida medical care is pretty terrible) that she wouldn't have found otherwise. The facility is well-appointed and the service level is high. Worth the money, in my opinion.

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Vi at Lakeside Village

January 25, 2016

By IB

Everything at Vi was fine. I actually have an appointment to visit with them again tomorrow. They’re having a program on making the move easier. The staff was excellent. They just opened a new dining area with a deli. It was their opening day, and my son and I had lunch at the deli. The food was fine, and beautiful presentation too. The only thing that bothers me is their entrance fee. A lot of the other places do not have an entrance fee. If they do, it’s minimal compared to the Vi, and another place I visited. They charge enough monthly, but it’s one of the only two I visited that at this point still provide long-term care. It's also pretty isolated. You can't walk anywhere from there.

October 30, 2015

Lakeside Village would have been the preferable place, in my opinion. It’s smaller, cleaner, and I think it’s what my friend needed at that point. She would be going from assisted living possibly into the memory loss division. There just seemed to be a very good ratio of care for each patient, and I think the smallness of the facility was much more appealing for her. They seemed to have lovely activities. They took us to the memory loss division, which usually they don’t like to show unless you need it. I think they were very transparent.

April 20, 2015

By Sandy104514150

Vi at Lakeside Village starts with independent and goes all the way through memory care and skilled nursing. That's kind of what we were looking for, somewhere where she could start off independently and then as things were needed, she could still be in the same place. It's also a lovely place. All the staff are very friendly and helpful, and the people there seem very happy. We went to a few other places, but the vibe just wasn't as good. The rooms are beautiful. Mom is in a little apartment. She has a full kitchen, living, dining room area, bedroom, a full bath, and a half bath. They have cards, bingo, exercise programs, flower arranging, and movies, keeping them very busy. I absolutely recommend them.

May 10, 2014

I have made my choice, and I am moving tomorrow at Vi at Lakeside Village. I came across it through word-of-mouth from friends and neighbors who have moved there. One thing that impressed me was their dining room, not that I am a big eater, but I do like being served properly. Their dining room has very fine service. The food is fine and the service is excellent. Regarding their apartments, I can't say they're outstanding, but they're adequate. Being a single person at this point of my life, adequate is good enough. They had what I wanted, which was a ground floor with a door to the outside available for me. Not having lived in an apartment much of my life, and having always been in a private home, I like the idea of coming from my car directly into my apartment. That is important to me. Vi at Lakeside Village offers three levels of care. I'm going into the level 4 independent living. Should I need more, they would just move me across the street, which still has the same people, but with more assistance. If life takes a turn for the worse for me, then there is a level available to me where I need nursing care. Also the staff's work ethics were excellent. They were outstanding.

March 21, 2013

By Bonnie10

We visited Vi at Lakeside Village and instantly, we wanted to leave. It was not appealing at all for both my husband and I. Although the receptionist was very forthcoming, the place just didn't give us the criteria we were looking for.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (9) See fewer reviews

Costs for Vi at Lakeside Village

Cost of Continuing Care Retirement Community

Photos of Vi at Lakeside Village

Services and Amenities of Vi at Lakeside Village

• Continuing Care Retirement Community Starting At: $3230/month

• Housing Extra: 1 Br Plus Den, 2 Br Plus Den, Freestanding Villas

• Dining Extra: All Independent Residents Have In Room Full Kitchens Plus Three Lovely Dining Venues To Choose From

• Coffee Shop
  • Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

About Vi at Lakeside Village

We provide a continuum of short- and long-term care at the Vi at Lakeside Village Care Center. Every level of care is intended to respect residents' privacy and promote personal dignity. Here, the vibrant surroundings, engaged social network, and broad range of specialized services are all designed with the physical, emotional, and social needs of our residents in mind.

Assisted Living

Assisted Living care includes assistance with activities of daily living including bathing, grooming, and dressing, as well as medication monitoring and administration. We offer wellness programs including daily physical and social activities and periodic health screening.

Memory Support

The Memory Support program at Vi is for residents with mild to moderate Alzheimer's and related cognitive conditions. Memory support care includes assistance with dressing, grooming, and bathing, and wellness programming designed to encourage physical and sensory engagement.

Skilled Nursing Care

Skilled nursing care at Vi provides residents with private care suites, with individualized treatment plans carried out by licensed nurses. We offer short-term rehabilitative care and long-term skilled nursing care. We coordinate other levels of care such as palliative care and hospice care as needed.

A welcoming, friendly atmosphere awaits you at Vi at Lakeside Village. Located steps from the shores of Lake Osborne in Palm Beach County Florida, the recently renovated Vi at Lakeside Village features lush grounds, a club-style atmosphere and an indoor heated pool. A Type A continuing care retirement community, Vi at Lakeside Village is convenient to Boynton Beach, Delray Beach and Lake Worth.

HOW IT WORKS

At Vi at Lakeside Village your entrance fee and monthly fee include the cost of your home, chosen from one of our 20 one bedroom, one bedroom plus den, two bedroom, two bedroom plus den or freestanding villa floor plans. And when you move into Vi as an Independent Living resident, care is a part of your residency agreement. Your monthly fees do not increase as a result of moving to our care center for Assisted Living, Memory Support or Skilled Nursing care services. Your only extra costs are for additional meals and ancillary items.

SERVICES AND AMENITIES

There are a number of services and amenities available to residents at Vi at Lakeside Village, including:

• Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
  • Weekly light housekeeping of your home
  • Seasonal menus and nightly specials prepared by our culinary team
  • Casual, bistro-style, and fine dining restaurants with table service
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
  • Front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents, register guests, and accept deliveries
  • Reading areas stocked with current magazines and best-selling books
  • Auditorium for entertainment, community meetings and events
  • Fitness equipment including treadmills, rowing machines, recumbent bicycles, NuStep&reg cross training machines, air-resistance weight machines, and free weights for strength training and cardio fitness
  • Heated pool for lap swimming, instructor-led aqua fitness classes, and relaxation
Community services and amenities are subject to change.

Map of Vi at Lakeside Village