Located along Florida’s Atlantic coast, West Palm Beach is popular among seniors seeking a sunny, affordable retirement destination. About 18.6% of the city’s 111,955 residents are aged 65 and older, and retirees in the area have access to a number of local hospitals and medical centers, including the Palms West Hospital, Good Samaritan Medical Center and the JFK Medical Center. Nursing home care is also relatively affordable in West Palm Beach. According to the Genworth 2020 Cost of Care Survey, the average monthly rate for a semiprivate room is $8,341, which is $328 below the statewide average of $8,669.

Nursing homes, also known as skilled nursing facilities, provide around-the-clock medical care to those who can’t be safely supported by home health care services or in an assisted living community. Given that these specialized, highly regulated facilities are staffed by licensed medical professionals, nursing homes offer the costliest type of long-term care available.

This guide outlines the average cost of nursing home care in West Palm Beach and throughout Florida, as well as rates for other types of long-term care. There are also links to a number of resources for elders, their family members and caregivers.

Directory of Nursing Homes in West Palm Beach, FL

MorseLife

4847 Fred Gladstone Drive, West Palm Beach, FL, 33417

My mom is currently staying at MorseLife. It was excellent. Her stay was good, and I think the care was good. It’s a beautiful facility, new, clean, and friendly. So I think she’s as happy there as sh … (read more)

2013

Arden Courts of West Palm Beach

2330 Village Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL, 33409

I was pleasantly surprised with my mom’s stay at this Facility. The care she received was great. I can’t say enough about the staff. The therapy was good. Food was edible but not like home. I reco … (read more)

Lourdes-Noreen McKeen

315 S Flagler Drive , West Palm Beach, FL, 33401

While researching nursing home options for my aunt who has terminal cancer, I reached out to admissions for more information about this facility. Liz returned my call a few hours later. During our sho … (read more)

Coral Bay Healthcare and Rehabilitation

2939 S Haverhill Rd, West Palm Beach, FL, 33415

This place is absolutely a disgrace. Words i write cannot sum up the disgusting experience i had with this place and my father. He passed away last August unfortunately alone due to Covid restrictio … (read more)

Palm Garden of West Palm Beach

300 Executive Center Drive, West Palm Beach, FL, 33401

Terrible service, my mom came home with bruises and blisters, they never explained to me what happened to her. We witnessed their negligence, lack of water, no bathing her or changing her depends, po … (read more)

Rehabilitation Center of the Palm Beaches,the

301 NORTHPOINTE PARKWAY, West Palm Beach, FL, 33407

Don’t send anyone there. They had roaches and put my mom in room with no air conditioner in middle of summer. 3days without air conditioner they have her a bucket of ice and table fan instead 😫. Nu … (read more)

Darcy Hall of Life Care

2170 PALM BEACH LAKES BLVD, West Palm Beach, FL, 33409

My sister is a resident Darcy Hall in West Palm Beach since Feb.2020 She is receiving excellent care, especially during these extremely difficult time. The team at Darcy from Administrators, business … (read more)

Wood Lake Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

6414 13TH ROAD SOUTH, West Palm Beach, FL, 33415

When my mom was there they neglected her they left her on the recliner from 9am when I came to check up on her for breakfast then I came back for bed time at 8pm she was still in the recliner and in a … (read more)

Consulate Health Care Of West Palm Beach

1626 Davis Road , West Palm Beach, FL, 33406

I read a review that stated "If you want your loved one to die…bring them here". I can say that I agree with this statement. My mother was brought to this facility as a positive covid patient. Ever … (read more)

ManorCare Health Services-West Palm Beach

2300 Village Blvd, West Palm Beach, FL, 33409

My 91 year old mother was there for about 2 weeks. During that time NO ONE ever contacted us about her condition or their recommendation. Today, they put her on a bus and sent her home! No calls to le … (read more)

Lakeside Health Center

2501 Australian Avenue, West Palm Beach, FL, 33407

Lakeside Health Center is nestled on the shore of Lake Mangonia in West Palm Beach, Florida, close to Good Samaritan Medical Center and a short drive from the Atlantic Ocean beaches. The facility offe … (read more)

Renaissance Health and Rehabilitation

5065 Wallis Road , West Palm Beach, FL, 33415

Vi at Lakeside Village

2792 Donnelly Drive, Lantana, FL, 33462

Vi at Lakeside Village is located in Lantana, Florida, a suburb of West Palm Beach close to Lake Osborne and Interstate 95. Visitors and residents praise the facility’s large and beautiful rooms, as w … (read more)

Finnish-American Village

1800 South Drive, Lake Worth, FL, 33461

Finnish-American Village is located in Lake Worth, Florida, near Interstate 95 and the Lantana Shopping Center, which has a variety of shops and restaurants. Residents appreciate the many activities a … (read more)

The Crossings

4445 PINE FOREST DRIVE, Lake Worth, FL, 33463

Its a tough job to staff a nursing home, but my mother received outstanding care. The nursing home, during her time there, received absolutely the highest state ratings. She was there for five years … (read more)

Hamlin Place

2180 Hypoluxo Road, Lantana, FL, 33462

I was at Hamlin Place for 36 weeks recovering from a fall with fractured pelvis and L1,L2 back bones. I had to wear a back brace that prohibited me from doing a lot of things for myself let alone had … (read more)

The Addington at Wellington Green

10330 Nu Vista Ave, Wellington, FL, 33414

My wife was at The Addington at Wellington Green, and it was pretty good. She was there two weeks. The food was OK, and like any place there are good people, and there are some people who are not real … (read more)

Signature Healthcare Of Palm Beach

4405 Lakewood Road , Lake Worth, FL, 33461

My aunt was there for over a year. She got covid twice and fell x 3, the last one resulted in a fractured hip and arm. The physical therapy gym has been under construction for months. This is bad for … (read more)

La Posada

11900 Taylor Drive, Palm Beach Gardens, FL, 33410

The Nursing Center at La Posada is located in Palm Beach Gardens and sits directly across the street from the Gardens Mall and a major bus stop that provides connections to the rest of Palm Beach Coun … (read more)

Oasis Health And Rehabilitation Center

1201 12TH Avenue South, Lake Worth, FL, 33460

I went to tour Oasis Health and Rehabilitation Center; it’s a nursing home. I liked it. It was very clean and nice. They were polite. The administrator was nice too. It’s roomy and spacious. It is wha … (read more)

Nursing Home Costs in West Palm Beach, Florida

On average, semiprivate nursing home room rates in West Palm Beach run around $8,341 per month, while private room rates average $9,368.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

On average, rates for semiprivate nursing home rooms in West Palm Beach are $321 below Florida’s statewide average of $8,669, but higher than the national average, $7,756.

Within Florida, semiprivate nursing home costs vary depending on the location. In the state capital of Tallahassee, this level of care costs an average of $7,543 per month, while in Miami, the same type of care costs about $9,095 per month. Rates are even higher in Tampa ($9,946) and Naples ($10,391), situated on the west coast of Florida.

$8341

Tampa

$10391

Naples

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

Seniors who don’t require 24/7 medical care may find that one or more types of noninstitutional long-term care meets their needs. In West Palm Beach, 44 hours of weekly nonmedical in-home care costs an average of $4,147 per month, while the same amount of home health care services cost $4,242. Adult day health care costs approximately $1,517 per month, while assisted living costs $4,399 on average.

$4147

Adult day health care

$4399

Assisted living

$8341

Nursing home (semiprivate room)

$9368

Nursing home (private room)

Note: Data for West Palm Beach was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Port St. Lucie, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in West Palm Beach, Florida

Free Resources for Seniors in West Palm Beach, Florida

The following programs and agencies offer free and low-cost services for seniors. Some of these programs are designed to help prevent or delay nursing home placement by supporting elders in the community, while other programs help seniors transition to a skilled nursing facility.

ResourceContact Service
Palm Beach County Veteran Services

(561) 355-4761Veterans and eligible survivors can contact Palm Beach County Veteran Services for information on VA, state and county benefits, assistance with VA benefit applications and appeals, and help with obtaining service records. Veteran Service Officers can also arrange in-home visits with vets who are unable to travel to the Veteran Services office due to advanced age or disability.
Area Agency on Aging of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast (866) 684-5885The AAA of Palm Beach/Treasure Coast is a federally mandated nonprofit organization that provides seniors with a variety of programs and services to promote dignity and healthy aging. Services include home-delivered meals, transportation, case management, in-home care and advocacy.
Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County(561) 655-8944 or (800) 403-9353
The Legal Aid Society of Palm Beach County provides free and low-cost legal advice and representation to vulnerable seniors aged 60 and older. Lawyers from the Society can help with guardianship, Social Security and Medicare issues, as well as estate planning. Seniors who are victims of domestic violence, financial exploitation or fraud can also contact the Society for assistance.