Windward Palms

Offers Independent Living

8440 S Military Trl, Boynton Beach, FL 33436
Windward Palms (800) 385-2527
PROMOTION! 26 days

Move-in by March 31st and receive $500 off your first 3 months. Applies to April, May, and June rent. Ask for details when you tour.

Reviews of Windward Palms

Independent Living Reviews for Windward Palms

July 30, 2018

By Cheryl

I'm very happy with Windward Palms, particularly the people that work here. They're very nice to my mom. They have bingo, movies, card games, and ice cream socials. A couple of times a week, they have entertainment that comes in, and there's dancing. It's very nice. They have tons of activities. I'm very happy with the apartment that my mother got. Everything is very nice. The food is good. If you don't like what was being served, you can always get a turkey sandwich or a cheeseburger. They have options for you. My mother is very happy there. She loves it. The place is lovely. Everyday they have something going on. They bend over backward to make it as nice for the people as possible. It is a lovely place. I highly recommend it.

April 29, 2018

By S.R.

We visited Windward Palms, and it was good. It was very attractive, the food was excellent, it was inviting, and they have a lot of activities. They have apartments, a pool, they have Bingo, card games, and a pool table. The staff was very nice and very helpful.

October 30, 2017

By Dottie

Windward Palms was upper middle class and very friendly. The manager was supervising the dining room and he came over, introduced himself, shook our hands and chatted with us enough to be friendly. The meal we had was very good. The first apartment I saw was not completely vacant yet, and the layout was fine, but the view out the window from the second floor was the top of the screen around the pool. There was one window in that apartment with a halfway decent view. The second apartment I saw was gorgeous. It was on the ground floor, with two walkout doors, the view out back was fantastic, and the flooring was great. They had transportation. The place had more of a little bit of a country setting. I was impressed with it.

May 09, 2017

By Jackie650058

Windward Palms was very nice. It was a terrific place. I liked it very much. I liked the area and everything about it. I actually stayed in one of the rooms, and it was very nice. They knew I came all the way from a 6-hour drive, so they asked me to stay for the weekend which was wonderful. The food was tremendous. They had a gourmet chef.

March 07, 2017

By Homa

I thought Windward Palms was more suited toward my sister’s taste. They had a higher entrance fee, but they had some offer that if we signed up for two or three years, they would reduce the entrance fee amount. The atmosphere was good. It seemed that people were involved and out in the hallways or sitting on the couch. There was some jewellery display that a few ladies were participating in, and it seemed good. I got to talk to a couple ladies who were recommending it.

December 03, 2016

By Albert654451

I am a resident of Windward Palms. It's a very nice place, and the interior and exterior of the building is attractive. The staff is competent and very friendly.

November 07, 2016

By Josephine825640

I liked Windward Palms. They have movies, and they have card playing. They have the pool, and they have an activity room for games. The cost was high, and the room was small for a studio. The staff is very friendly, very pleasant, and very accommodating. I had lunch, and they invited me back for another day for dinner to see what they have. The food there is excellent. They serve 3 meals, and they always have snacks around. They have a little kitchenette with a coffee pot available on the main floor. You get to wash your clothes in the hallway which I didn’t like.

September 30, 2016

By Fran566208

I liked Windward Palms. It was very friendly and not ostentatious or showy. The food was good. It was comfortable, and the apartments were OK.

September 18, 2016

By Sally832370

Windward Palms was very nice; however, it’s older. They had a very nice apartment that they had available. It’s clean and well-maintained. The couple who runs it were very friendly and nice; they call all the time.

August 23, 2016

By Mike584607

I would give Windward Palms a C+ because the meals were all messed up and late. All of the residents were complaining and suffering because they sat down and didn’t get served for more than half an hour. We were not too impressed with this place. Compared to the house we’re living in right now, the rooms were miniscule.

Hello Mike, I'm Katie, and I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. First, I am so sorry to hear meals were late during your visit. We take our food program very seriously, and absolutely don't want any of our residents, visitors, or family members to have a late meal serve as their first impression (or any impression!) of what our food program is about. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

January 31, 2016

By Wayne22

I visited Windward Palms. I liked that the people were great. I knew that the staff stayed on the premises. They were available 24/7. They actually lived there. They were very accessible and very nice. The apartments were nice and clean. The whole facility was very clean, very well taken care of and I liked it. It was kind of like a hotel. The rooms were a little small, but they had bedroom, a nice living area and almost like a full kitchen area. So, you could have a refrigerator and a stove in there. The food was unbelievable. It was like top notched. It was good. It was like home cooked and very tasty. It seemed that they had a lot of activities, but I did not do any of the activities. I was very impressed. The community and the staff were excellent.

January 29, 2016

By HappyRelative222

The staff at Windward Palms is very nice, and the place is very clean. My mother-in-law likes it there a lot. They have a nice pool. They take the residents on a bus, and they go places. The place is big, and updated. I am happy with this facility so far.

December 20, 2015

By HM

I went to Windward Palms and found it to be clean. The residents were friendly and looked well cared for and happy. There were quite a few activities and transportation available, which I thought was good. The units were nice and not overly large. They have a band that practices there that's not made up of residents -- just a band that comes in and practices, which I thought was nice. It's compact, so things are easy to get to and not all spread out; the activities and whatever you need are right there.

November 29, 2015

The price at Windward Palms seemed good, and the people there were very nice. The apartments were OK but very small. I only saw one that was very small. It wouldn’t work for my mom because the carpet was very thick. I think it’s unsafe to walk on really thick carpets for somebody who has a walker. The bathrooms were not very accommodating. Other than that, it was a very nice place. I don’t remember seeing any activities. It was very clean and very nicely kept but not very good for people who need assistance. It was more for people who are independent.

November 15, 2015

By Donald42

I visited Windward Palms, and it was clean, nice, and neat. The people and the staff were friendly and very informative and showed me all around the place, but I just couldn't afford it. The apartments were fine. They had large one-bedroom apartments, and they were fine, clean, and neat, and spacious enough. They had an exercise room and a pool. I was there during lunchtime, and everything they had looked fine. The dining room was fine. The people were all enjoying their meal. I would live there myself if I could afford it.

November 11, 2015

By anonymous116073350

I didn’t like Windward Palms. I did not think it was the right fit for me. I wasn’t impressed by the staff. The rooms were small and bare, and I wasn’t shown the amenities.

Hi, I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement Home Office. Thank you for writing a sincere review. I'm very sorry your tour of Windward Palms didn't meet your expectation. We pride ourselves on having associates that are warm, inviting, and knowledgeable, so if you experienced something to the contrary, we'd like to hear details. Please feel free to call our Resident Relations department at 1-800-370-8331 if you have anything else to share. Thanks, Katie

September 14, 2015

By Missy B1

I visited Windward Palms. To me, security was not there because when I walked in, I didn't see anyone. When we got to talking, they were nice, and the place was nice, but it was not what I wanted because they had no full kitchen. They had a kitchenette, which had a microwave and a small refrigerator. There wasn't a stove or anything. The rooms were small. With regards to amenities, they did have a swimming pool and an exercise room, and the place itself was beautiful.

Hello, thank you for taking the time to rate and review our community. We appreciate you giving us the chance to improve by providing us with this feedback. We will take this feedback and look for ways to better our community for residents and team members. Thank you

September 12, 2015

By joannetwain

WONDERFUL community! The executive chef prepares great meals, the staff is extremely helpful, and being it is "all inclusive" (utilities, food, etc) the value can't be beat. The community managers actually live on the property, and are always there for my mother. They have great activities and entertainment, and it's like being on a cruise ship (without the water). My mother has extra help from the Visiting Angels, who have an office in the community, I highly encourage you to visit Windward Palms for lunch and a tour.

August 05, 2015

By Chris110657450

I liked Windward Palms. Everything was OK. The rooms were nice and spacious.

July 21, 2015

By Connie111061150

They were very attentive, and they were able to give her a tour of Windward Palms. The rooms were very nice. They had one that was her price point. It was like an efficiency with everything to her level should she need to use a wheelchair. She uses a walker basically, and she is a tiny, petite woman, so it was really nice because everything was right on her level. We had a lovely lunch. In fact, the facility was beautiful. It was very nice. The room was perfect.

July 20, 2015

I visited Windward Palms, and it was very nice. The apartments were nice. They had two apartments available, but I was not ready. They had good mixed of activities on the chart. They had trips and transportation. I would recommend it because they had a good set-up, and the price is very reasonable.

June 14, 2015

By Bettyjune

I recently transferred to Windward Palms, from another community. I must say that the value is GREAT, and the staff is wonderful. The food is very impressive, and I encourage everyone to visit for lunch and a tour of the community. I could honestly say I will be a long term resident at Windward Palms.

June 17, 2014

By Arlene6

Windward Palms is a very nice place. It is new and very clean. The food is very good. They have activities. They keep the people busy. They have a pool table there. They have entertainment. They have people come in, and they do a little dancing. They have movies, bingos, games, and barbecue. They have on a holiday, like Easter, brunch. It is a very nice community; however, it is independent, and my brother needs assisted. Also, they have just gone through a management change again. The other thing about it, too, is that the bathroom tile is very slippery for old people. I had to buy rubber mats for my brother's floor.

May 10, 2014

By Marvin8

We lived at the Windward Palms for 14 months. The facility looked good. The rooms were adequate and, for the most part, airy. I had two bedrooms there, and it cost me more. The food there was just edible. They do a lot of bingo; just about every day, bingo. They did have a Wii for bowling. They also have movies two or three nights a week on a big TV screen. They also have exercise classes. The staff I would say is adequate. They have a wide open area that they set up for the dining room, so if you are sitting in there and having dinner, people are going back anywhere they want, and that is every distracting and not appetizing.

October 30, 2013

By JPM0817

Windward Plams is just close to where I live and so I can visit frequently. The staff there is phenomenal. They take an active interest in each of the resident. They are always interactive. The place is homey, clean and welcoming.

May 11, 2013

By Caring2022

The people are friendly at Windward Palms. I like the facility's location best because it's close to my home. We ate there once for lunch and the food was very good. The dining room was very pretty and the atmosphere was very good too. The apartments were very nice as well.

May 24, 2012

By Lily1

My mother is considering this facility. She'll be in one this coming fall. This is a new place with a very pretty building and modern facilities. This also has a pool. The rooms can occupy a single bed with a small kitchen and a nice separate bath room; a big, bright dining area and the room is carpeted too. Everybody was pleasant and helpful in this place. Some services they will offer are as follows: cleaning the room, changing bed linens, providing transportation, etc. In addition, the food is good as well. This facility offers the most activities than the others we've toured. The only drawback is it's located along the main road so its not as quiet of a setting.

Costs for Windward Palms

Photos of Windward Palms

Services and Amenities of Windward Palms

• Fee Structure Extra: Included In Rent: Basic Cable, Electric, Sewer, Water

• Housing Extra: Handicap Barrier Free Units Available, Individual Climate Control, Safety Rails In Bathroom, Telephone Hookup

• Dining Extra: Private Dining Room, Resident Kitchen

• Pool
  • Features Extra: Laundry Room For Use, Chapel, Library, Locked Mailboxes, Elevator, Parking: Private

• Technology Extra: Wi Fi In Common Areas

• Activities Extra: Billiard Lounge, Clubhouse, Game Room, Activity Room

• Home Sale Assistance

• Pets: Most Pets Allowed

About Windward Palms

Windward Palms is located in Boynton Beach, FL, providing a vibrant backdrop for your new life as a valued member of our caring community.

So come to Windward Palms for a visit...and stay!

Live-in Managers on Call 24/7 - Holiday Retirement Travel Plan - Residents can travel to any of over 300 Holiday locations, for complimentary visits lasting as long as 1 week. These visits include 3 meals a day/7 days a week.

Map of Windward Palms