Stratford Court of Boca Pointe Boca Raton, FL

Reviews of Stratford Court of Boca Pointe

Assisted Living Reviews for Stratford Court of Boca Pointe

January 07, 2019

By Sandra

Brighton Gardens was clean and nice. It's assisted living, but the people have more freedom. Everything was a l a carte, and the monthly charges were really high. I visited on a weekend and there were people reading, sitting in their room, or sitting outside. There was nothing going on. I was there twice, and both times the staff was very nice, answered any questions we had, and it was exactly what you would expect. The rooms were nice, a bit smaller than other places, but they were clean and fine.

May 08, 2018

By Him0429

Stratford Court of Boca Pointe's rooms were very nice. They had somebody playing music while I was there. They eat at a specific time every day and the dining room was very nice and clean. The staff was very informative, but they were a little busy and understaffed when I got there.

July 03, 2017

By Lanna 24

There are some really nice, wonderful people who work here. But there are otheare whose behavior has caused me to feel totally disrespected and isolated, as a caregiver for my parent. Unbelievable!

We are sorry to hear about your experience at our community. We take your comments very seriously and would like to speak with you further. Please email information@sunriseseniorliving.com with your contact information so that we can reach out to you. Thank you, The Sunrise Team

January 07, 2017

By Visitor018782

Stratford Court of Boca Pointe is in a lovely neighborhood and in a very safe area. There was minimal guest parking, but the lobby was lovely. I saw an apartment that I thought was good for my fit.

November 05, 2016

By Lynn800275

Stratford Court was a lovely place; the furnishings were nice, and they were very helpful. The tour was nice, and the people were nice, but it’s just wasn’t for my parents. The size of the rooms were not appropriate.

October 13, 2016

By Terri308407

Stratford Court of Boca Pointe was disgusting. My sister and I went there, and it stunk. It was the worst place ever. We looked at the assisted living facility, so I don’t know what the rest looked like, but that place was nasty. I would not recommend them to anyone ever. The apartments were small that you can’t even move around in there. It was just awful. I remember the carpeting was nasty. It smelled. The rooms were like the size of a hospital room.

September 15, 2016

By Yolanda728237

We liked Stratford Court. The man who attended to us was very nice, and the price was not too high compared with others. The dining room was not big -- just normal, medium-sized.

March 08, 2016

By Lisa120817650

We looked at Stratford Court and thought it was pretty. The lobby and everything was lovely, but the rooms were small, and it seemed more like a nursing home since they separated independent from assisted living.

January 31, 2016

By Caring Daughter-in-law4

We went to visit Stratford Court of Boca Pointe and the place was fine. It was much nicer than were my mother-in-law is, but my dad was not impressed. We had to wait for 45 minutes and they told us someone was there and they weren’t. Apparently the person didn’t work there any longer so they haven’t updated their information in which by the time we waited 45 minutes we were already aggravated. The place itself was nice. Their rooms were fine. It was clean and nice.

We are sorry to hear about your experience and would like to learn more detail so we may address. Please contact us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot) com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team

December 28, 2015

Stratford Court of Boca Pointe looked like a very happy place. The people were very friendly, but it looked crowded to me. The room was very small and had a small refrigerator, which was an issue because my mom could not bend over to get things in and out of it. The staff was fabulous, friendly, and attentive. It was just a dark place.

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear you have not been pleased with your experience at Sunrise. We'd like to learn more, please email us at Information (at) SunriseSeniorLiving (dot)com so we may follow up. Thank you, Sunrise Team.

August 27, 2015

By Caring112191150

Stratford Court’s service is great. The staff work took a lot of time going through the different services, the different activities, and the food menu with us and showing us a number of different options that were available there. It’s very clean, and the activities are very good. I would highly recommend it. My mom likes socialization the most. The staff was very helpful, they know everybody’s name, and they make sure they got to meet other people, especially for new people who have just moved in. They have been very good.

June 29, 2015

We visited Stratford Court of Boca Pointe. It's a nice facility, and they offer different levels of care. The people we met seemed nice. We looked at one unit, and it was definitely clean.

April 24, 2015

I visited Stratford Court for my mother. Everybody was very friendly and informative. The rooms were very nice, good size, and clean. We toured the dining room, and it was very clean and organized. It was looking very active with lots of people around and lots of activities. There was a lot of energy. With regards to activities, they have everything. They have the typical regular activities. They have bridge and exercise. They take them out to the stores, and they take them to the bank. They have doctors. They have a beauty parlor. They have an activity director.

April 02, 2015

By Gary48

We visited Stratford Court of Boca Pointe for my father. It was very nice, and the price seemed reasonable. It seemed like a very good facility. The staff was very accommodating. The facility was very clean and nice. The rooms/apartments were very nice. The one we looked at was small, but I don't have much to compare it to either. The dining room looked nice, but I did not eat there. With regards to activities, it seemed like they had a lot going on. It seemed like there was stuff going on all the time to keep the people busy. The facility looked very nice, and it seemed to be well-maintained and clean; that was the main thing I was looking at.

November 03, 2014

By Ben8

I like the entrance at Stratford Court. They showed me one place that was quite a distance from the center of things, and I was not happy about that as I can’t walk well. If we were in the middle or nearby I imagine it would have been better for me, but I thought it was one of the big reason that I turned it down. The grounds were quite nice. I have lots of friends, and it’s interesting that I did observe I wanted to see if I knew anyone there, and I didn’t. I am a very friendly guy, however I know a couple of people that are going to go there shortly or are there now so who knows maybe I changed my mind. We came there for lunch, and the food was good. The staff was fun and nice people. I understand this business very well now personally. They offer me three meals a day. The room they want to show me was fine; it’s just that they were too far and too small for me but I would recommend the place.

October 22, 2014

By Eva9

The food was good at Stratford; we had lunch there. My friend has a very nice place. It looked very clean and well-kept. They seem to have a lot of entertainment to offer. They have outside activities, entertainers come in, and they have Bingo and movies.

September 29, 2014

My mother lives in Stratford Court. We are very impressed with it in every way. It is clean and well run. The people and the food are both excellent. My mother is in a room with a living room-bedroom combination and a bathroom. My mother has Alzheimer's and the things she can do are limited, but they have exercise, outings, and musical programs. They have a little bit of everything. It has a very comforting and caring atmosphere with plenty to do. I have no complaint about it because everything about it is good.

August 30, 2014

We went to Stratford Court of Boca Pointe to visit a friend. The facility is very nice and her bedroom is very nice too. The staff were very pleasant. We had lunch there and the food was very good.

July 20, 2014

By Roberta4559

I like the amenities at Stratford. The rooms were very clean and very spacious. Sanitation was excellent. The facility was well maintained. The dining room was very nice too. I didn't taste the food, but I saw that it was presented well. The staff seemed very pleasant. The facility had different levels of care, so they had nurses and aides. Overall, the facility is convenient for the families to get to, and it is centrally located. It is in a beautiful area.

May 10, 2014

I visited Stratford Court, and the staff seemed wonderful. The people I met were really very nice and friendly. They were excellent, and they made a good impression. The activities and the meal plans sounded very good. They had a good amount of activities going on like card games and lectures, and they went on daily trips -- they called it a cruise on land, which was very nice. They also had a gym and a pool. Their menu seemed very nice. It was a choice of three main courses with different desserts, and they had a salad bar. It looked very nice. Their dining room was beautiful. They must be very classy because men had to wear jackets and no shorts were allowed. The only thing I wasn't happy about was the rooms or the apartments were really small, and I don't know if my furniture would fit in there. They had two bedroom and two baths. Otherwise, I was impressed by it.

September 26, 2013

By James43

I visited Stratford Court of Boca Raton and that was a really outstanding place. I was really impressed. The environment was very upbeat and it has a positive atmosphere which I really like. The apartments were okay. We had lunch in the dining room and it was fantastic. I can't believe the quality of the lunch. It was really excellent. I really had a nice feel about the facility. The staff seemed really friendly and very positive towards the residents.

September 16, 2013

By pitabun

This property is large, which is a good thing if your loved one doesn't have a car. The courtyard has a spacious pool and jacuzzi, and it's in a beautiful area. The rooms are very large and accommodating, almost perfect. -1 Star: If your loved ones need nursing, Stratford has another service you'll need to sign up for. Their nursing service is only available from 9am-9pm. So if your loved one needs urgent assistance after 9pm, the only thing Stratford can do is call 911. -1 Star: While on the tour the sales lady told me repeatedly that they are going through all types of renovations, and all the old drapes, flooring, and interior is "in the process" of getting renovated, but throughout the entire facility I didn't see anything getting "renovated". Wishful thinking.

June 23, 2013

By Jack11

Sunrise Senior Living was gorgeous. It was like a big sprawling place and more homey than the others. The guy, who was a substitute, was very good when he toured me around. However, if you were in the assisted living facility, there were different potential medical fees. Nonetheless, I liked it the best among the places I visited.

June 04, 2012

By Don1

The whole place is very nice. It's well kept. The employees are all very friendly, knowledgeable and considerate, which is what we were looking for for my mother. The rooms are of good size. We looked at the one bedroom apartment which was still spacious enough for what my mother needs. The pricing is also very competitive.

April 03, 2012

By commercesd

While driving through the region, we decided to stop in and visit Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, since we were looking for an assisted living facility where my friend's mother could live. We were impressed that they could accommodate our last-minute visit. The grounds were beautifully landscaped. The tree-lined walkways were peaceful and easy to navigate. The main area seemed clean and well tended with a beautifully designed décor. The furnishings were comfortable and easy to access. The staff was very nice and seemed to treat the residents kindly - many of whom were not ambulatory. They seem to be able to accommodate most senior circumstances with a variety of living options available. We knew my friend's mother would really like the little park area outside, which was close to the main door. We also thought it looked as though the staff could easily manage all of the residents, which is important to us. The fact that the facility is so close to so many cultural entertainment venues makes it easy for the seniors to get out regularly to enjoy them. They also have a variety of the typical activities that assisted living facilities usually have, including card games, socializing, films. reading and other hosted events. The rooms we saw were all nicely decorated - and better looking many we've seen before. The food looked well-prepared, appetizing and also smelled delicious. The dining room were comfortable and spacious, with very nice furnishings and a bright decor. The exercise room could accommodate many and offered well-maintained equipment and regular exercise classes. The book selection, which is important to my friend's mother - was quite nice. Overall, the facility looked like a nice place to live - we were very impressed with it - compared to others we've visited recently.

Independent Living Reviews for Stratford Court of Boca Pointe

September 23, 2021

By Elaine

I toured Stratford Court of Boca Pointe and saw some apartments. Some needed a good kind of cleaning, but Tom warned me, however, that should be at the top of their priority list when they want to get new people in. Tom was very, very nice though, and very helpful during the tour. He was a very nice individual. He answered pretty much all my questions and even gave me two entrees to take home. The size of the rooms wasn't bad. I liked the one which had an enclosed Florida room in it. They also have exercise classes, entertainment, and a theater room. I didn't get to see any people in the dining area, but it looked pretty good. He said that the place was last renovated about six or seven years ago, and to me, it looked like it needs some updating now.

July 02, 2021

By Jeff

I had an appointment scheduled for Stratford Court of Boca Pointe. When I got there, they were very disorganized. They did not provide anyone to help me and my mother. I found the place to be too much of a mix between independent and assisted living. I was not impressed. I know it's considered a nice place. My mother actually talked to a couple of residents outside the place, who said it was very nice years ago. They are longtime residents. They said it's not that great anymore. That was some independent feedback which she overheard. The employees that I met were trying to help. They were caught up with a lot of other things that they had to do. They looked like they were overtaxed with other responsibilities. It was not that they weren't nice; I can tell they were just overwhelmed with other stuff. I would say that as far as friendliness, they were a four. As far as actually providing me with a solution, they were a two. They did not get anybody to give us a tour. We just walked and said, "We don't like this place." The outside looked like it needed a little bit of work, like painting or whatever. The inside was nice. There is nothing wrong with it. It is up to date. I believe the central area is fairly small considering how big the place is.

March 30, 2021

By A.N.

The only problem with Stratford Court of Boca Pointe is that it's too far from us, and the facility is too old. It's really large; they have 500 people overall, with 300 independent and the rest assisted. It's a nice facility, they have washers and dryers in the unit, and they have nice-sized rooms. It's an older building, but it's priced reasonably. They have two meals a day, you can have breakfast with lunch or dinner, and some days it's brunch only. Once a week, they do all your linens, beddings, and towels, although you have your washer and dryer in the unit. They said they would be adding activities, but they don't have any right now.

October 31, 2019

By Dianne

My brother has moved into independent living at Stratford Court of Boca Pointe, but he is in rehab right now. It was difficult because they said that he would qualify for the VA assistance, which he still has not gotten yet. Once we moved into the independent, they said they couldn't find any of the forms. Since then, he had an operation, and he has been in and out of the hospital. It has been difficult that way. I would recommend Stratford Court. It is very clean. The sales people and the people around are very pleasant. My brother has been in out of the place more than in it. For the initial, the people are very friendly, and the place is very clean. They're nice but they are not giving truthful information. That should have been cleared up before my brother moved in.

October 31, 2019

By Edward

I have moved into Stratford Court of Boca Pointe. I love it. Everybody is friendly and helpful. I love my room. They clean it once a week. The food is very good all the time and there are multiple options for dinner. The waiters are very nice, too. The living atmosphere is super. There are plenty of activities. Stratford Court of Boca Pointe is perfect.

May 10, 2019

By Anita

We went to Stratford Court of Boca Pointe. It was great. I didn’t have any complaints. It was lovely, very nice, and if mother needed a place, it would be one we would consider. They have card games from the board that I saw. The dining area was elegant with white table cloths, and it couldn’t have been any nicer.

August 01, 2018

By Richard

I liked Stratford Court of Boca Pointe very much and I'm pursuing it. The apartment I saw was acceptable to me. They have comprehensive activities which is also acceptable. The staff member I met was very pleasant. They have a dining area, a library, a gym, card rooms, and a big entertainment room. I thought it was well-run.

September 30, 2017

By Miriam

Stratford Court of Boca Pointe is a very nice community, but the big objection is the main hub of activity is where you enter, and everything spikes out from there with these big long corridors, so it's a very long walk from the elevator to get there. To go down to breakfast, dinner, activities, or to exit the place would be a chore for me since I have difficulty walking. It was also pricier than other facilities. I liked the activities they presented and the whole general demeanor of the place was very lovely. The staff was excellent and the programs they offered were superior to most places. The apartments were also very nice. I was very impressed with it.

September 29, 2016

By Rachelle767578

Stratford Court was reasonably clean and reasonably not too smelly, but I felt like I was in a hospital when I walked down the hallway. The people were nice, and as for the apartments themselves, they were OK, but I’ve seen much nicer. If someone would ask me if I would send my mother there, absolutely not. They can improve by being discreet or not going behind the client. It was overpriced. The parking was impossible; it was a strange parking arrangement. It’s not a client friendly setting.

October 03, 2013

I visited Stratford Court because I know people who live there. So it was not a formal visit where somebody would show you around. The place itself was lovely. It was in a beautiful neighborhood. They have their apartments set up around the lake. The whole area was just a lovely community. My parents have very good friends who live there and we had dinner with them. They have very nice dining area. The food was good but not as good as in the other facility. After dinner, we went into the room where they hold events and shows. There was a show at that time and it was good.

July 31, 2013

By Mark20

We moved my mom to Stratford Court after she was hospitalized and the care that they offer is superior. It is a small unit, but there's more one-on-one attention there. Her room is smaller but it is more than adequate and I think she's comfortable. Basically, their activities are geared towards trying to increase the memories of the past. They have a garden, an old kitchen, a doll house and a memory box in each of their rooms so they can try to connect with their family and past. It is interesting because in the past she used to be complaining about the food, but at Stratford, she said the food is okay there.

May 12, 2013

By Kay9

Startford Court's staff is very good. They're always there when you need them. The maintenance people come quickly as soon as you call. They're trying to do their best for us to get settled. The rooms are fine. They upgraded us so we got a kitchen and a bathroom. You have to get used to the food. They do have a menu for lunch. Dinner is quite nice though. We've only been here a little over a week and we've spoken to a number of people who said they're very happy here. They think it's wonderful.

March 22, 2013

By Bonnie10

As my husband and I entered Stratford Court, the atmosphere was atrocious. Residents were sleeping in the lobby and there was no interaction at all. I don't know what the staff were doing there, but that place was just not for us.

Nursing Home Reviews for Stratford Court of Boca Pointe