98 Assisted Living Facilities near Pompano Beach, FL
There are 98 Assisted Living Facilities in the Pompano Beach area, with 16 in Pompano Beach and 82 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Pompano Beach is $2,499 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,400.
To help you with your search, browse the 579 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Pompano Beach. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Pompano Beach 4.1 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Coconut Creek with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped 10 families in Pompano Beach find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Pompano Beach, call (855) 863-8283.
16 Assisted Living Facilities in Pompano Beach, FL
82 Assisted Living Facilities near Pompano Beach, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Pompano Beach
"The Heart of the Gold Coast," Pompano Beach is located between Palm Beach and Miami and is a prime center for boating and fishing. It also features 50 local parks and hosts annual events like a holiday boat parade, a seafood festival and a fishing rodeo. Seniors who enjoy the Pompano Beach area and are looking for some assistance will daily living will find 17 assisted living facilities within the Pompano Beach city limits and an additional 44 in nearby cities such as Coconut Creek and Deerfield Beach.
Florida's Bureau of Health Facility Regulation licenses several types of assisted living communities. Those with a standard license are appropriate for seniors who are relatively independent but need some help with daily activities such as dressing and personal hygiene. All assisted living homes provide meals.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Pompano Beach
- The cost of living in Pompano Beach is 2 percent higher than the national average, and health care costs are 5 percent more expensive. Housing, on the other hand, is 6 percent below average, which contributes to the city's lower assisted living costs.
- Violent crime is a problem in Pompano Beach. There are 8.56 reports of violent crime per 1,000 residents per year, which is about double the state and national averages.
- Expect about 50 percent more rainfall than average in the city, with much coming in the form of thunderstorms. Summers are long, hot and humid with average summer highs in the low 90s. Winters are mild and short with lows in the upper 50s. Average monthly highs are between 80 and 92 degrees during nine months of the year.
- Pompano Beach is a member of the AARP Network of Age-Friendly Communities, meaning its elected leadership "has made the commitment to actively work toward making their town, city or county a great place for people of all ages," according to AARP.
- Pompano Beach and all Broward County residents pay a 6 percent sales tax on most purchases, but Florida does not levy income tax on retirement benefits such as SSI, 401(k) payments and pensions.
- The American Lung Association grades Broward County an A for particle pollutants and a B for high-ozone days, which means seniors with respiratory conditions shouldn't experience worsening symptoms due to air quality.
Paying for Assisted Living in Pompano Beach
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Pompano Beach start around $2,342 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Pompano Beach and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Pompano Beach
Florida's Medicaid Long-Term Care and Assistive Care Services programs can help low-income seniors pay for services at assisted living facilities. Optional state supplementation is available to those receiving Federal SSI benefits. The state also allows family members to contribute to room-and-board costs without jeopardizing Medicaid eligibility or benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Pompano Beach, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Pompano Beach
Pompano Beach-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Pompano Beach, FL
Other Options in Pompano Beach, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Pompano Beach
Review of The Preserve at Palm Aire
I HAVE MY FATHER IN LAW HE WAS HAPPY ENJOYING FOOD ACTIVITIES STAFF VERY NICE DINNEN ROOM ACCOMMODATE HIM WITH COMPATABLE RESIDENT MAKING HIM FEEL LIKE FAMILY I REALLY APPRECATE THIS FROM THIS FACI... Read more
Review of John Knox Village
I have chosen John Knox Village. It's very attractive and it's like a big park. The rooms were very attractive and the staff was very smart and friendly. The food was excellent and they have far mo... Read more
Review of Angel Care
Angel Care was wonderful, beautiful, very modern, and had all been redecorated. It was actually owned by an Indian doctor and his wife who is an RN. They were lovely people and they lived only two ... Read more