132 Assisted Living Facilities near Margate, FL
There are 132 Assisted Living Facilities in the Margate area, with 5 in Margate and 127 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Margate is $2,636 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500.
To help you with your search, browse the 741 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Margate. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Margate 3.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Coconut Creek with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Margate, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Margate, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Margate
Margate, located in Broward County, is part of Miami's metropolitan area and has a population of 56,245 with a median age of 43.6. Margate has five assisted living facilities, with an additional 54 nearby in For Lauderdale, Sunrise, and Deerfield Beach. Florida's Agency for Health Care Administration licenses and monitors Assisted Living Facilities (ALFs) in the state. Facilities can receive a Standard license or one of three Specialty licenses. Specialty licenses allow facilities to offer limited nursing services, limited mental health services or extended congregate care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Margate
- With a July high of 91 degrees and a January low of 58, Margate has great weather all year round. The city rarely sees snow, though it does receive more rain than the national average. There's an average of 243 sunny days each year, allowing seniors to enjoy the outdoors.
- Florida is very tax-friendly for retirees. There's no state income tax, so seniors keep all their pension, social security and retirement fund income. In addition, groceries and medication are exempt from sales tax, leaving more money in your assisted living budget.
- Although Margate's crime rate is higher than the national average, it's lower than other communities of a similar size, and lower than 60 percent of Florida's other towns and cities. In Margate, violent crime occurs at a rate of 2.35 per 1,000 residents, compared to the Florida average of 4.3. The property crime rate is also significantly lower; Margate has a rate of 16.95, and the Florida average is 28.87.
Margate Inner-City Transit offers free transport to all residents. In addition, Broward County Transit runs services in Margate and has a Transportation Options program with door-to-door services for eligible riders.
- The Margate area is home to world-class medical facilities, including Northwest Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- The overall cost of living in Margate is around 2 percent lower than the national average, but this is largely due to low housing prices. Seniors still find that daily essentials, including groceries, transportation and health care, are more expensive than the state and national averages.
Paying for Assisted Living in Margate
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Margate start around $2,636 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Margate and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Margate
The Florida government helps eligible seniors to finance their assisted living through the Medicaid Long-Term Care Program or the Assistive Care Services waiver. The Optional State Supplement may also be available to residents who are receiving a Social Security Income.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Margate
Margate and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Margate, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Margate
Margate-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Margate, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Margate
Review of Waterside Landing
My mother-in-law moved into Waterside Landing. They had just reopened, so there were only like 35 residents at that time. The place had been refurbished, everything was new, everything was clean, i... Read more
Review of Waterside Landing
My mother moved into Waterside Landing. It's absolutely wonderful, everything is kept clean, neat, and my mom is very happy there. The staff is so nice, and I can't say enough good things about it.... Read more
Review of Waterside Landing
We visited Brookdale and it was very nice. The lady who gave us the tour was wonderful, and the apartment was the biggest one. More like a regular condo in a way. It was beautiful. The dining area ... Read more