153 Assisted Living Facilities near Lauderhill, FL
There are 153 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lauderhill area, with 9 in Lauderhill and 144 nearby.
The average cost of assisted living in Lauderhill is $3,472 per month. This is lower than the national median of $3,500. Cheaper nearby regions include Plantation with an average starting cost of $3,260.
To help you with your search, browse the 739 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lauderhill. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lauderhill 4.4 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Lauderdale Lakes with an average rating of 4.7 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lauderhill, call (855) 863-8283.
Top 10 Assisted Living Facilities in Lauderhill, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lauderhill
Lauderhill is located about 30 miles north of Miami and just to the west of Fort Lauderdale. There are nine assisted living facilities in Lauderhill, including one recent Caring Stars winner, and another 55 in neighboring areas.
There are several types of facilities throughout the state, and all provide meals. Standard homes are ideal for reasonably independent seniors, and they provide assistance with daily tasks such as getting dressed, taking a bath and moving around. Seniors who require medication administration or more significant health-related services can look into homes with a limited nursing services or extended congregate care license.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lauderhill
- Crime in Lauderhill is a problem. The city's violent crime rate is more than double the state and national averages, and property crime is also significantly higher. Seniors looking for a safer environment may want to check nearby cities like Miramar.
- Summers are hot and humid with average highs around 90 degrees, and the winters are mild with lows dropping into the upper 50s. Seniors enjoy frequent sunny days for outings, but the area does receive 50 percent more rainfall than the average U.S. city.
- Broward County transit offers seniors reduced fares for its fixed-route bus system, and they provide door-to-door paratransit for eligible seniors who are unable to use the bus.
- The cost of living in Lauderhill is 12 percent lower than the national average, but that's due to the city's low housing costs. Health care, grocery and transportation expenses are all higher than the U.S. mean.
- Florida doesn't have a state income tax, and that includes retirement income such as 401(k)s, pensions and Federal SSI benefits. There is, however, a 6 percent sales tax on most purchases. Florida doesn't have inheritance or estate taxes, either.
- The American Lung Association gives Broward County, home to Lauderhill, an A grade for particle pollutants and a B for high-ozone days. Lauderhill's air quality shouldn't irritate the symptoms of respiratory conditions.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lauderhill
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lauderhill start around $3,745 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lauderhill and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lauderhill
Florida has two programs that help seniors with the cost of services at assisted living facilities: Medicaid Long-Term Care and Assistive Care Services. These plans don't cover room and board, but Florida allows families to supplement those costs without impacting Medicaid eligibility.
The state also provides Optional State Supplementation (OSS) to seniors who live in assisted living communities and receive Federal SSI benefits.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lauderhill
Lauderhill and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lauderhill, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lauderhill
Lauderhill-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lauderhill, FL
Other Options in Lauderhill, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lauderhill
Review of The Lenox On The Lake
My parents resided at the Lenox. We had to move them. Not enough staff (CNAs, Meditecs, etc), especially on weekends. Staff was uncaring. Not helpful. We saw staff leave a resident on the fall. ... Read more
Review of The Lenox On The Lake
My mom is at The Lenox On The Lake. So far, it has been nice. She has been there for four years now. It's very friendly, and we like that it's not as large as some of the others. The staff is excel... Read more
Review of Pacifica Senior Living Forest Trace
First: The facility is beautiful and I do not think can be matched. Maintenance is very responsive and competent. However, There is a culture problem with some of staff. Dining - several are ... Read more