108 Assisted Living Facilities near Lauderdale Lakes, FL
There are 108 Assisted Living Facilities in the Lauderdale Lakes area, with 3 in Lauderdale Lakes and 105 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 534 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Lauderdale Lakes. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Lauderdale Lakes 4.6 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Cooper City with an average rating of 5.0 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Lauderdale Lakes, call (855) 863-8283.
3 Assisted Living Facilities in Lauderdale Lakes, FL
105 Assisted Living Facilities near Lauderdale Lakes, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Lauderdale Lakes
Lauderdale Lakes is known as one of the best places to retire in Broward County. With approximately 16 percent of the city’s 36,069 population over the age of 65, Lauderdale Lakes provides homes to many seniors. Of those seniors who need help with daily living tasks, like medication administration, cooking and cleaning, there are three assisted living facilities in Lauderdale Lakes and 59 nearby.
These facilities are regulated by the Florida Bureau of Health Facility Regulation. Assisted living facilities operate under either a standard license or a specialty license. Facilities under the standard license offer routine personal care, while those under a specialty license offer limited nursing and congregate care.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Lauderdale Lakes
- The Community Bus System provides transportation for seniors in Lauderdale Lakes, offering free rides throughout the area for medical appointments and for sightseeing and errands. The bus is available Monday through Friday.
- The Lauderdale Lakes area is home to world-class medical facilities, including the Florida Medical Center, in the event of medical emergencies or illness.
- Lauderdale Lakes has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Lauderdale Lakes Parks and Human Services, an organization that provides educational and recreational activities for seniors in the area, as well as at least one senior center.
- Seniors who enjoy mild winters can take advantage of year-round outdoor activities in Lauderdale Lakes. Summer highs are around 90 degrees while January lows are around 58. The city gets approximately 59 inches of rain per year.
- Seniors on a budget may find Lauderdale Lakes to be an easy city in which to manage their money. The cost of living in the city is 93, which is lower than the national average of 100 and lower than the state average of 111.
- Crime is rated on a scale from 1 to 100, with 100 being the highest crime rating. Property crime in Lauderdale Lakes is 61, which is higher than the national average of 38.1. Violent crime is 84.2, which is also higher than the national average of 31.1. This is a major concern for seniors who enjoy exploring the city.
Paying for Assisted Living in Lauderdale Lakes
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Lauderdale Lakes start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Lauderdale Lakes and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Lauderdale Lakes
Seniors who need help paying for an assisted living facility in Lauderdale Lakes and in the state of Florida may qualify for assistance through the Florida Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program. Only assisted living facilities that operate under a standard license may participate in the program. Private rooms aren't covered but family supplementation is permitted.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Lauderdale Lakes
Lauderdale Lakes and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Lauderdale Lakes, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Lauderdale Lakes
Lauderdale Lakes-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Lauderdale Lakes, FL
Other Options in Lauderdale Lakes, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Lauderdale Lakes
Review of St Joseph's Residence
My father is very happy at St. Joseph's Residence. He has a nice one-bedroom apartment, living room, big bathroom, and big bedroom. They take care of everything for him even though he can do a lot.... Read more
Review of St Joseph's Residence
St Joseph’s was very clean, and the rooms were nice as well as the marketing person. It’s in a safe neighborhood. Read more
Review of St Joseph's Residence
I’m in St. Joseph’s Residence. It’s a completely gated community. I love it; it’s everything I expected. I’m so comfortable here. It’s a community, so it’s nice. We have 3 meals a day in the dining... Read more