90 Assisted Living Facilities near Oakland Park, FL
Also serving communities of Wilton Manors.
There are 90 Assisted Living Facilities in the Oakland Park area, with 5 in Oakland Park and 85 nearby.
To help you with your search, browse the 481 reviews below for assisted living facilities in Oakland Park. On average, consumers rate assisted living in Oakland Park 2.9 out of 5 stars. Better rated regions include Fort Lauderdale with an average rating of 4.3 out of 5 stars.
Caring.com has helped thousands of families find high-quality senior care. To speak with one of our Family Advisors about assisted living options and costs in Oakland Park, call (855) 863-8283.
5 Assisted Living Facilities in Oakland Park, FL
85 Assisted Living Facilities near Oakland Park, FL
What to Consider About Assisted Living in Oakland Park
Oakland Park, Florida, is a city located in southeast Florida, around five miles from Fort Lauderdale with a population of approximately 45,000. Because senior citizens comprise 11.1 percent of that population, Orchard Park offers 58 assisted living facilities (ALFs) to select from. In Oakland Park as well as the rest of the state of Florida, ALFs are defined by the Department of Elder Affairs as establishments that offer residential services in a home-like environment. These ALFs are divided into four separate categories, including mental health care and nursing services, and are licensed by the Florida Agency for Health Care Administration.
Benefits and Drawbacks of Assisted Living in Oakland Park
- One reason seniors are drawn to assisted living in Florida is because of the state's income tax cuts. In Oakland Park and across the state, Social Security and pension income are exempt from taxation, which allows seniors to spend more of their budget on supplementary expenses.
- The Oakland Park area has no facilities from which to choose in the event of a medical emergency or illness, with the nearest major hospital, Holy Cross Hospital, located in Fort Lauderdale.
- Oakland Park has an array of community resources for seniors, including the Active Adults program, a program that offers free exercise classes, arts and crafts events as well as monthly luncheons and excursions.
- The Broward County Transit public transportation provides mass transit throughout Oakland Park. Seniors qualify for half-priced fares. The nearest airport to Oakland Park is Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport for seniors interested in flying.
- The overall cost of living in Oakland Park is approximately 4 percent higher than the average cost of living for the state of Florida. Transportation and food costs are the biggest factors in the price increase for this area. Seniors seeking to live in Florida for assisted living might consider elsewhere in the state for more affordability.
- On a scale of 1 to 100, with 100 being extremely high crime rates, the violent crime rate in Oakland Park receives a score of 60, nearly double the national average violent crime rate score of 31. Such high violent crime rates in Oakland Park could suggest that seniors would be at higher risk of becoming a victim of a crime in this area.
Paying for Assisted Living in Oakland Park
Average Monthly Costs
Cities in Florida
Assisted Living costs in Oakland Park start around $0 per month on average, while the nationwide average cost of assisted living is $4,000 per month, according to the latest figures from Genworth’s Cost of Care Survey.
It’s important to note that assisted living rates in Oakland Park and the surrounding suburbs can vary widely based on factors such as location, the level of care needed, apartment size and the types of amenities offered at each community.
Financial Assistance for Assisted Living in Oakland Park
Financial aid for senior assisted living typically comes from two sources in Oakland Park, like the rest of the state: the Florida Statewide Medicaid Managed Care Long-Term Care Program (SMMC LTC) or the statewide 1915(b)(c) MLTC program.
Learn more about these programs, plus who’s eligible, on our Assisted Living in Florida page.
More Ways to Pay for Assisted Living
While many families use their own funds or personal assets to pay for assisted living, there are plenty of additional options to cover these costs. Some additional ways to finance assisted living costs include:
- Veterans Benefits
- Life Insurance Policy
- Long-Term Care Insurance
- Reverse Mortgage
For more information about different ways to finance assisted living, visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Free Assisted Living Resources in Oakland Park
Oakland Park and the surrounding area are home to numerous government agencies and non-profit organizations offering help for seniors searching for or currently residing in an assisted living community. These organizations can also provide assistance in a number of other eldercare services such as geriatric care management, elder law advice, estate planning, finding home care and health and wellness programs.
To see a list of free assisted living resources in Oakland Park, please visit our Assisted Living in Florida page.
Assisted Living Laws and Regulations in Oakland Park
Oakland Park-area assisted living communities must adhere to the comprehensive set of state laws and regulations that all assisted living communities in Florida are required to follow. Visit our Assisted Living in Florida page for more information about these laws.
Assisted Living near Oakland Park, FL
Recent Reviews of Assisted Living in Oakland Park
Review of Treemont on Park
The staff at Treemont on the Park was very good. They're really good to the people there, but the facility itself was fairly rundown. They have single rooms, but shared baths, and that wouldn't wor... Read more
Review of Treemont on Park
Place is horrible. The review i read made me sick. I went there. Looks like a flophouse. I would not leave my pet there. My friend is there. I cried half way home. Not even a real bed. Crammed in c... Read more
Review of Good Hope Manor
Most disgusting facility I have EVER seen in my life. Urine smell all throughout facility. My grandmother has bruises from god only knows where they came from. The administrator Marva is incompeten... Read more