Fort Lauderdale is a city on Florida’s Atlantic coast that’s known for its scenic beaches and boating canals. The city has a population of 182,437 and is a popular retirement option; around 18% of its residents are aged 65 and over. Seniors in the area have easy access to a variety of medical facilities, including the Florida Medical Center and Broward Health Medical Center

Nursing homes provide 24/7 medical supervision, support and care for seniors who are frail or have a chronic illness and require regular assistance. This type of care is provided by a team of registered nurses and is consequently the most expensive care option. According to the Genworth Cost of Care Survey 2020, the average monthly cost of nursing home care in Fort Lauderdale is $9,095 for a semiprivate room. This is over $1,000 more than the national average of $7,756 Seniors in Fort Lauderdale who don’t require this level of care may want to look at alternative options such as assisted living and home care services

This guide discusses the costs of nursing home care and alternative options as well as resources for seniors in Fort Lauderdale.

Directory of Nursing Homes in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Ft Lauderdale Health & Rehabilitation Center

2000 E Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33308

My Mother Marie was in three other Nursing Homes for a few weeks at a time prior to her admission to Fort Lauderdale Health and Rehab. She always said that this was the best facility of the four in B … (read more)

Broward Nursing & Rehabilitation Center

1330 S Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316

My 98 year old mother has been in Broward Nursing and Rehab for 10 days now after a fall, fractured hip and surgery. During that time we have been treated with kindness and compassion during a diffic … (read more)

Manor Pines

1701 NE 26TH ST, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33305

I moved into Manor Pines. It was convenient to where I was living, and I was familiar with other people that had lived there. The therapy is pretty good. The food is pretty bad and not very appetizing … (read more)

Harbor Beach Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

1615 S Miami Road, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33316

My mom is a resident and she been there for almost a year. Staffs members are friendly and kind , my mom likes it , she never complains about anyone. The nurses if anything is wrong with my mom they a … (read more)

Manor Oaks – A Marrinson Skilled Nursing & Rehab Facility

2121 E Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33308

My mother is in Manor Oaks – A Marrinson Skilled Nursing & Rehab Facility. She’s been there a week, but she had a little stroke. She’s now in a hospital. She was discharged yesterday, and she’s go … (read more)

Wilton Manors Health & Rehab Center

2675 N Andrews Avenue, Fort Lauderdale, FL, 33311

The food is horrible. Oftentimes I have come in to find that there is no protein on the plates vegetables and starches. It is nearly impossible to speak to anybody there at the facility, It is … (read more)

The Court at Palm Aire

2701 N Course Dr., Pompano Beach, FL, 33069

East of Fern Forrest Nature Center, north of Palm Aire Country Club-Palm’s Course and surrounded by shopping and dining opportunities, The Court at Palm Aire is an assisted and independent living faci … (read more)

Covenant Living of Florida

9215 West Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL, 33324

The Covenant Living was a really nice place. It was very restrictive because of this COVID stuff, and they only allowed me to schedule a visit by email, and then they would take us and bring my friend … (read more)

Plantation Nursing and Rehabilitation Center

4250 NW 5th St., Plantation, FL, 33317

Only a few months ago I had a very frightful experience with my mom, she was transferred from Plantation General Hospital to Plantation rehab. This was the best experience ever! The entire staff wa … (read more)

Independence Hall

1639 NE 26th St, Ft Lauderdale, FL, 33305

Heartland Health Care Center Lauderhill

2599 NW 55TH AVE, Lauderhill, FL, 33313

Heartland seems like a nice facility but it’s basically Alzheimer’s unit. I steered away from those types of nursing homes because it would probably put fear in my parents and make them feel like they … (read more)

West Broward Rehabilitation and Healthcare Center

7751 W Broward Blvd, Plantation, FL, 33324

I toured West Broward Rehabilitation and Healthcare because they told me that they were going to test my mom. I like the facility, it was good. But the story changed and they said that possibly they w … (read more)

John Knox Village Health Center-pompano Beach

830 LAKESIDE CIRCLE, Pompano Beach, FL, 33060

My parents have friends that live here at John Knox Village. So we decided to take my mother here for rehab after she broke her hip. The place is very nice, and because it’s John Knox their nurses and … (read more)

Life Care Center at Inverrary

4300 ROCK ISLAND ROAD, Lauderhill, FL, 33319

Life Care Center at Inverrary is an assisted living facility and nursing home located near the Florida Turnpike, Woodlands Country Club and Inverrary Country Club in Lauderhill, Florida. Loved ones no … (read more)

The Woodlands at John Knox Village

700 SW 4TH STREET, Pompano Beach, FL, 33060

The only reason I don’t give 5 stars is the lack of communication among the staff and very bad misunderstandings with two of the nurses. Nurse Helen is fabulous the few times she attended me. The ro … (read more)

St. John’s Nursing Center

3075 NW 35TH AVENUE, Lauderdale Lakes, FL, 33311

Saint Johns Nursing Center is a Catholic hospital, and they’ve been very good to my mom. I like them, and they have been good to her. They have media things every couple of months. We get together wit … (read more)

Golfcrest Healthcare Center

600 N 17th Ave, Hollywood, FL, 33020

My 97 year old mother did not get care and attention from this facility. She fell off the bed the first night there. They did not give her oxygen she was required to have. I am warning everyone to sta … (read more)

Manorcare Health Services

6931 W Sunrise Boulevard, Plantation, FL, 33313

The nurse’s here treat my 85 year old husband really bad. They take for ever to bring him his pain pill. I have called to talk to his nurse, and I am placed on hold, and no one comes back to the … (read more)

Childrens Comprehensive Care Center

200 SE 19TH AVENUE, Pompano Beach, FL, 33060

Cross Pointe Care Center

440 Phippen Waiters Road, Dania Beach, FL, 33004

Nursing Home Costs in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

The monthly average cost of nursing home care in Fort Lauderdale is $9,095 for a semiprivate room and $10,418 for a private room.

The Cost of Nursing Home Care in Nearby Cities

Seniors who are looking at nursing home care options in Fort Lauderdale may be interested in seeing how the costs compare with nearby cities. Using the average monthly cost of a semiprivate room as a base point, the cost of care in Fort Lauderdale is higher than the national average of $7,756 and slightly higher than the Florida state average of $8,669.

The average monthly cost of care is higher in Naples ($10,391) and Punta Gorda ($9,125) and lower in Cape Coral ($8,730) and Sebastian ($8,644) than in Fort Lauderdale.

$9095

Cape Coral

$8644

Sebastian

The Cost of Other Types of Senior Care

At the low end of the cost scale, adult day care has a monthly average cost of $1,300, while assisted living has an average monthly cost of $3,500. Home care and home health care cost $3,623 and $3,813, respectively. At the high end of the price scale, nursing home care in Fort Lauderdale has a monthly average charge of $9,095 for a semiprivate room and $10,418 for a private room.

$1300

$9095

Nursing home semiprivate

$10418

Nursing home private

Note: Data for Fort Lauderdale was unavailable, so data for the nearest city, Miami, was used instead.

Financial Assistance for Nursing Home Care in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Free Resources for Seniors in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

These resources may help seniors who are looking for services that could help them stay in their own homes for as long as possible and delay the move to nursing home care. One resource looks at financial assistance options for seniors who are ready to transition to a nursing home.

ResourceContactService
Broward County Senior Services(954) 357-6622Broward County provides a number of community senior services to help seniors aged 60 and over safely age in place in their own homes. Services offered include personal care, respite care, emergency alert response, homemaking and case management. There is a sliding scale fee, depending on the service provided and the senior’s income.
Home-delivered Meals(954) 463-6721The Broward County Area Agency on Aging operates a nutrition program from the Gateway Terrace in Fort Lauderdale. Seniors aged 60 and over who are homebound and no longer able to prepare meals on their own are eligible for this home-delivered meal service. Special diets can be accommodated, and there is no charge for the meals. Meals are delivered on a daily basis from Monday to Friday by a team of volunteers.
SHINE1-800-963-5337The Florida SHINE program provides free and unbiased information on state health insurance plans for seniors. Counselors are available 24/7 to provide information by phone and are available in person on set days. These counselors can assist seniors in finding the best health insurance plan to suit their particular needs and help them to apply for the plan. Additionally, they can explain the financial assistance options available to seniors looking to make the move to nursing home care.