Ft Lauderdale Health & Rehabilitation Center

Reviews of Ft Lauderdale Health & Rehabilitation Center

Nursing Home Reviews for Ft Lauderdale Health & Rehabilitation Center

June 10, 2015

By mss

I am leaving for home tomorrow after spending the last eight weeks at the Ft. Lauderdale Health and Rehabilitation Center. I came in with broken bones in both legs and was unable to provide even minimal care for myself without assistance. The C.N.A's who were assigned to me were some of the most wonderful people I have ever had the fortune to meet. They were always cheerful, pleasant and willing to do whatever it took to make me comfortable. Even though they had several other patients to care for, they (or another C.N.A.) always answered my call light right away. The nursing staff was also top notch. I had other health concerns which they monitored several times a day as well as answering all of my questions in detail. The Occupational and Physical Therapy staff spent hours helping me build up my strength and making it possible for me to walk again. They have perfected the skill of encouraging and pushing simultaneously. Although the meals were not exactly gourmet, it was pretty good for institutional food and there was always an alternative choice available. Of course, some negative situations will arise if you are in a center long enough. I did have a couple of complaints but they were dealt with immediately. I rated this center with five stars because I believe that the people who deal directly with the patients make or break it. The Ft. Lauderdale Health and Rehabilitation Center has employees who are second to none.

December 11, 2014

By Borinquen

My mother is a current resident. She came here for rehab and then to go into long term care. Unfortunately it has not been what we expected. The facility itself is clean and the Daniel the physical therapist was great. The nursing staff in the long term wing is cold and rude. We witnessed one night as we were leaving a resident on the floor in his room. The aids standing at the begining of the hall clearly knew of this as when we stopped to ask the man if he was ok one of them started to walk up and told the other one asked us if he was "already" on the floor. This is also the type of facility that will require you to use one of their doctors and comply with whatever treatment or medication they choose. My mother needed therapy for her throat and speech due to a stroke and after a discussion with the speech therapist i was told she was difficult and given an excuse they would asses her and give her an X ray. No one calls you back ever the only person that seems to return calls is the facility employed social worker. Also we have had serous issues with medications being changed and not being notified at all. One nurse had the nerve to tell us they were my moms advocate. Be very weary of bringing your loved one here. We are looking to move our mom. The only thing they have going for them is its clean.

August 27, 2014

My mom was at Ft. Lauderdale Health & Rehabilitation Center once before, but it was not a good experience. She was admitted on a Friday evening there, and the entire process was horrendous. They got her dinner down in the dining area where there were several Alzheimer's patients, and she said that she was very afraid of what was going on. The staff was unresponsive, and they made her feel like she was being a pest in asking for assistance when she had to go to the restroom or things like that. It was an older kind of facility, and the sanitation there was acceptable. It was just that the staff seemed to be less responsive and less caring.

June 20, 2012

By Emde

Physical, Occupational & Speech Therapists are pretty good, patient & helpful. However, the nursing care & quality was very poor, neglectful. Made me feel I was burden & unwelcome. The facility was not equipped for my level of health care & they failed get me the attention I really needed.

About Ft Lauderdale Health & Rehabilitation Center

Ft Lauderdale Health & Rehabilitation Center is a senior living provider in Fort Lauderdale, Florida that offers residents Nursing Homes. Contact Ft Lauderdale Health & Rehabilitation Center for more details on services and rates.

Map of Ft Lauderdale Health & Rehabilitation Center