Vi at Aventura

Vi at Aventura (844) 325-8230

Reviews of Vi at Aventura

Assisted Living Reviews for Vi at Aventura

May 27, 2014

We went to see our sister in FL; she's at the Vi at Aventura. That was a Hollywood set. I thought to myself that if I had any money, that's where I would go. She has an apartment with a porch. It's unbelievable, just beautiful. She's independent, but she gets a lot of services in her apartment. The people were friendly. Everybody spoke to me. She is limited and basically in a wheelchair now, but when I talked to her, she was able to get people to take her to concerts outside of the community.

March 26, 2014

By Herbert3

I went to Vi at Aventura and that is a very nice place, but very expensive. I have eaten there and I have seen their rooms and its top of the line. I would be happy if I go there. They have a special section for Alzheimer's patients and that is the only thing that I wasn’t really impressed with, but they've got good security.

January 31, 2014

My first impression with Vi at Aventura was it looked very, very nice. I met a couple of people and they seemed very nice. The place was very clean. It looked good and it didn't look old or run down. The apartments were very nice, but a little small. There were some activities or some movement class. I only did a walkthrough and spent 45 minutes there.

January 27, 2014

Vi was a private facility and very expensive. When we went to visit the closed section for people with Alzheimer's, everyone was sitting around in their wheelchairs with the staff and they weren't doing anything. It was rather depressing and they said the people don't go out. My mother is very social and likes to go out so she's not ready to just sit in one place and not go anywhere. They have several departments. They have independent, assisted living and then they have memory care and that's the one we visited because she wouldn't be suitable for any of the others. She has to have somebody with her. They didn't have any activities. In the memory care, residents didn't leave. The girl who was talking to us didn't really have the information. Beautiful building but not impressed.

November 29, 2013

By Angela7

Vi was beautiful and I loved it. I saw the apartments and they were beautiful. It would have been my choice but even though the cost was reasonable, I just cannot afford. The monthly fee is too high for me.

November 20, 2013

By Michelle39

We liked everything about Vi. It is close to a casino and a mall is right across the street and it's over on the side close to the water. If you can afford it, it's fabulous. I'm 50 and I will live there. It was fantastic. The units were beautiful, top of the line, spacious and modern. They upgrade them every at least 10 or 12 years. I like the fact that when you get up the elevator, there are five units within the elevator. You don't have to take more than five steps and you're at your front door in either direction. I have no complaint from the food, the formal dining room, the other dining room, the valet and hair salon. They have doctors on staff and they have a moving coordinator who would help you actually move and pack up for where you are to make sure your furniture fits and they have to coordinate with movers. They had different pricing plans and you could get a percentage of your money back depending on how much you put down and how much you get back. In case of evacuation, the residents can actually go and live with someone during the evacuation period or they will send them to the other resort in Orlando until after the evacuation is over. They have all levels of care so you can move in independent but if you need to transition all the way down to Alzheimer's, you can still stay there.

April 13, 2012

By commercesd

We decided to visit Vi at Aventura assisted living facility as we really liked the Miami area and it is convenient for my friend's mother's family. We liked that it is a full-service, safe high-rise building. The views of the city were spectacular. Since it was a hotel - it has all of the amenities and has retained all of the beauty. The building was very well maintained as a Hyatt property, and they continue to do so. The outer grounds feature a lovely courtyard with exotic palm trees and waterfalls, with nice seating areas to enjoy. The nearby pond is also a nice touch. The classical design and decor had an open-air feel. The main foyer had a gorgeous winding staircase. The dining rooms were stunning. The high ceilings and chandeliers add a level of elegance rarely seen in an assisted living facility. The activity rooms and lounges were all nicely decorated. The living spaces were well-designed and spacious.There is plenty of professional, yet friendly staff to take care of basic needs. All of the areas were pleasant to be in and we could see that the residents thought so, too. The activities ranged from board games, to discussions, private reading and watching film and TV "“ some people were also using computers. The staff is well-versed at taking care of a variety of types of people, from those who are not ambulatory "“ to people who have memory issues. The outside activities they plan regularly include everything from visiting local restaurant favorites, the public library and movies "“ to day trips to nearby regions. They have planned exercise classes "“ but also offer residents to work out any time they wish. We liked that they encourage exercise. We are glad we took the time to look at this facility and it is in the running as one of the better ones we have visited so far in the region.

Nursing Home Reviews for Vi at Aventura

Continuing Care Retirement Community Reviews for Vi at Aventura

December 15, 2014

By Jeff30

The apartment they showed us at Vi at Aventura was just beautiful. It looked out over a golf course, and the view was just so sensational. The people that gave us the tour were so helpful, but we didn't like being in a building, and everytime the elevator would come down, you'd have to wait to get it because it might be filled with walkers and wheelchairs. I don't have that kind of patience, and I don't walk that well either. I was a little uncomfortable when they showed me the gym. It was open, and there was one woman in there working out by herself without an attendant. Somebody should have been there; it was too dangerous. The other thing I didn't like about it is everything had to be valeted, and when we wanted to leave, we went 2 miles to get to the highway which took us 20 minutes driving, and we're not used to it.

December 17, 2012

By Richard8

Classic Residence is a luxurious high-rise facility. It has a lot of services and amenities and it's in a good location.
See all Continuing Care Retirement Community reviews (3) See fewer reviews

• Pool
  • Features Extra: Library, Fitness Room/Gym

• Internet Enabled Rooms

About Vi at Aventura

Imagine waking up every day to gorgeous views on your balcony at Vi at Aventura. Enjoy an uncompromising lifestyle in an extraordinary place that you will love calling home.

Vi at Aventura is a Life Plan Community, also known as a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC), located in Aventura, Florida, and just shortly north of Miami. From the gourmet meals to the breathtaking views – it is senior living like you have never seen before. Our independent and assisted living community provides a wide variety of amenities and activities geared towards the interests of our residents.

Some of the unique benefits you can expect with Vi at Aventura include and are not limited to:

• Whole person wellness: Your body, mind, and soul
  • Award winning service and staff
  • On site Assisted living, Memory Support, and Skilled Nursing facilities
  • Scheduled maintenance and repairs for your home
  • Weekly light housekeeping of your home
  • Seasonal menus and nightly dinner specials
  • 24-hour valet parking services in our garage for your vehicle
  • Scheduled transportation for shopping, outings, and appointments
  • Gatehouse and front desk staffed 24 hours a day to welcome residents and register guests
  • Reading areas, meeting rooms, and a computer center
  • Billiard, card and game room
  • Fitness equipment including treadmills, bicycles and weights for strength training and cardio fitness
  • Spa and salon
  • Fitness instruction and classes, including Yoga and strength and balance classes
  • Heated indoor pool for lap swimming
  • Pets allowed (up to 35 lbs.)

The benefits and amenities of living at Vi at Aventura go beyond our community as well. Close by, you can visit the Freedom Tower or Port of Miami, shop at the wide variety of stores at Aventura Mall, enjoy the beautiful nature of Oleta River State Park, or visit the nearby Sunny Isle beaches.

Our retirement community is dedicated to providing you an enriched senior living like no other. Vi at Aventura delivers upscale living intertwined with award winning service, amenities, and care.

How it works

Vi at Aventura offers two different pricing options, depending on the percentage of return. Your entrance fee and monthly fee pay for your apartment home, as well as access to our onsite continuum of care. The entrance fee is a one-time fee paid when you move into the community, and is based on the floor plan and return option you choose. Additionally, your monthly fees - which are directly tied to the floor plan you choose - also cover a range of services including: maintenance of your home, housekeeping, dining, transportation, and more. Should you move or need to access the care center, your independent living monthly fees will not increase, aside from community wide increases, the cost of additional meals and ancillary items as needed.

At Vi at Aventura, we believe in giving residents the support they need so they can enjoy life to its fullest and remain active, vital members of our community. Our on-campus care center offers a residential setting with the reassurance of care that you won't find at home. Our care center is staffed 24 hours a day, seven days a week, by licensed nurses and other dedicated caregivers.

About Vi

For more than 30 years, Vi has been enriching the lives of seniors. The Vi family of companies includes 10 Life Plan Communities, also known as Continuing Care Retirement Communities (CCRCs), across the United States. Since 1987, Vi has owned and operated residential communities for older adults, we work toward providing quality environments, services and programs to enrich the lives of those we serve.

Map of Vi at Aventura