Sterling Aventura

Reviews of Sterling Aventura

Assisted Living Reviews for Sterling Aventura

April 02, 2018

By Reviewer

Sterling Aventura was not as clean as the other place, but the people there seemed very happy. The common areas were not as big and as spacious, and you have to bring all your own stuff there. There were no furnishings provided whatsoever. The building itself had just a parking lot around it. There wasn't any place to go, just a little patio. When you look out the window, you just see buildings, not anything else.

September 02, 2017

By Debra Stasio

I toured 3 highly recommended facilities and ultimately easily selected sterling. I could not be more pleased with my experience at Sterling Aventura thanks to Mark and Patricia. I live out of state and made an emergency trip down when I heard defeat in my typically optimistic cheerful dads voice. On day 1 when I called to set up an initial tour and then showed up too early, Mark was unfazed by my disregard of schedules, pleasant, professional, and welcoming. He understood almost instantly the level of dementia that we were dealing with. The details of his exceptional handling of my cynical self, my resistant weary overly stressed, in-denial dad and my confused mom , resulted in the most amazing and unbelievably seamless transition. From The thought he put into which room location would be best to his selection of dining room companions and table for her was astounding . The clean, beautiful bright room was welcoming and furnished for us with care. The communal dining room that I actually can eat in without getting nauseous has one of the kindest men, Alex, as their head chef. You can see that his residents matter to him. Mom has been there almost a week and Mark sends me daily videos where I see for myself how happy, relaxed, carefree and involved she is. Daniel, the activities director does an amazing job keeping all his confused residents as focused as possible and totally happy and engaged. I kept telling myself that it was too good to be true and I wanted to review it before the honeymoon ended. I plan to review again in one month but for now, this is everything and way more than I could have hoped for. The decision and then the act of moving a loved one into a " facility " is emotionally brutal and should be regarded as a process. Mark M's sensitivity, flawless listening skills, simple lease with basically no commitment and white glove handling of everyone including providing my dad with his cell number were paramount to our decision to "go for it". I only hope it continues to be the happiest place on earth for my mom who seems to think her new friends and family have always been with her. My 86 year old dad, although distraught at moving his wife of 60 years out of their home, now has hope for his own future. Thank you.

May 22, 2017

By helen510074

Sterling was excellent, nice, quiet, and beautiful. I had an excellent lunch there with a friend. The dining room was beautiful, and the choices were excellent. The residents were lovely and very pleasant.

February 09, 2017

By amish

My mother has been there for 6 months and we lobe the Sterling. Wonderful friendly staff. So many activities every day. She loves the daily happy hour.

January 03, 2017

By Donna656345

Our family member didn't like Sterling Aventura, but we thought it was lovely. They had a lot of classes, services for Jewish people on Friday night and holidays, and special meals. The rooms were lovely, and the staff was very nice and knowledgeable.

November 19, 2016

By Visitor106426

The Sterling Aventura is a 1-bedroom and 1 bath apartment. There’s a mini refrigerator and a microwave. It’s nice and small, but my parents need to scale down. I liked when I walked in, it felt like the Ritz Carlton Hotel. The people were incredibly pleasant, I just like the entire facility, and its 5 minutes from me; that’s the main reason. They have constant activities, and my parents will be moving on Monday.

September 30, 2016

By Diane413740

The Sterling Aventura was the one that I really liked. It was much more relaxed, and the facilities had a nice, casual, homey atmosphere about it. The people were all very nice, the staff was excellent, and it looked like their dining area was great. I think they had little tables set up, and they had a menu. The way it was all organized looked really nice. The rooms were very nice.

April 15, 2016

By Angela33

I am happy in Sterling. It is nice. The people are pleasant, and the administration is decent. My room is nice and like a tiny apartment with one large bedroom and a little alcove where I put a small table and chairs, and a bathroom. The staff is very good. They have enough activities to do, so I am content. They take me to a church on Sundays, and I am very pleased because some other places have no interest in doing that. The food is decent. Perfect? No, because I am a better cook that anybody I know. I think I can go up against the cooks on television. You have choices, like between a hotdog or a hamburger. The rooms are a good size. I have my own furniture and prints on the walls, so it really feels like my old place now.

March 31, 2016

By Jeanette17

The Sterling Aventura was nice. However, I don't think they had apartments with kitchens, only a kitchenette. The community was nice. The staff was professional and very nice.

December 10, 2015

By Robert117144450

We chose Sterling Aventura for my mother and stepfather. They have only been there for a month now. It is a very nice facility. They have their own apartment in the building with people to check up on them. My mother is the one who really needs the service. They come around every hour to check on her and make sure they are inside during the night. During the day, they have activities like social hours, bingo, and movies. They have a very nice restaurant. It is more of like a hotel or an apartment complex with eight floors. I am not sure how many residents live there, but they have a full staff who are very attentive.

June 15, 2015

By Aliza from South Florida

I don't know that a review can fully convey what a safe, caring, professional, happy, and loving atmosphere one finds at The Sterling Aventura. My mom recently passed away and my father made the very difficult decision to relocate 1/2 way across the country to South Florida to be closer to us. I was completely unprepared for the job of finding an assisted living community and all that went into it. Among many other things, Barry handles the leasing at The Sterling, and quite simply he can only be described as a gem. Upon meeting Barry, I immediately felt like I had a new friend, one who would walk me through the process every step of the way...and he did. Barry went so above and beyond the call of duty. He was incredibly accommodating and not only made my father feel welcome, but our entire family felt comfortable at The Sterling. It is obvious that Barry genuinely cares about the residents and their families, and pitches in like a family member to do what needs to be done for the residents. Mary, the executive director, is just the same. She bent over backward to make my dad's transition a smooth one. In addition to her total professionalism, Mary always has a friendly smile and a warmth about her that personifies the caring feeling at The Sterling. And, it is the same with all the employees you encounter there from the nurses, the wait staff, the activities director, the concierge, etc. They are all concerned with making sure the residents are happy and well cared for. The food is delicious, also! Truly, it is so good, I'm worried my dad is going to gain too much weight if he isn't careful. The residents will all tell you that this place is the BEST, and to me, that means everything. I hope my dad can stay at The Sterling a long, long, long time! I think the best compliment I can give The Sterling is the fact that every time we go to visit my dad, my 14 year old and I look at each other and say how much we would like to live there! Barry and Mary have really set the bar high there, and the rest of the staff has lived up to the expectations. I have nothing but the best things to say about The Sterling Aventura!

February 24, 2015

By Stephanie30

Sterling Aventura has a high recommendation from the private CNAs that we hire when my dad comes home from rehabilitation. I also have a cousin and friend who are there at the Sterling, and they are very positive. We are very impressed with the staff when we meet them.

March 26, 2014

By Herbert3

When I walked in at Sterling Aventura, I saw a lot of people doing activities and there was a lot of noise. It had a happy feeling and I felt that I would belong there. I spoke to a gentleman and he was very nice. They said whenever I am ready, I would just come in. My initial impression was that I am happy with the place.

November 20, 2013

By Caring72056150

Sterling Aventura is a very nice place. We chose this because I just felt that they have more people of similar background to my mother. The rooms are spacious. The staffing are very nice. The food is okay. In terms of activities, they have exercise classes, brain activities like current event things, movies, and bingo, etc. I did eat there and the food was fine but it wasn't anything great. Food is okay for me, although my mother says it is really not very good.

September 18, 2013

By joshblock

My grandfather has been at Sterling for a few years. The staff and care he receives is outstanding. I've personally had some meals with him there and the food is great. I have a lot of peace of mind knowing he is so well cared for.

Memory Care Reviews for Sterling Aventura

Costs for Sterling Aventura

Photos of Sterling Aventura

Services and Amenities of Sterling Aventura

• Dining Extra: We Offer Therapeutic Diets Such As Reduced Concentrated Sweets, Mechanical Soft And Pur E. Cuisine Prepared With Seasonal, Locally Sourced Ingredients. Restaurant Style Service For Breakfast, Lunch And Dinner.

• Internet Enabled Rooms

• Licenses: Florida
  • State Licenses: AL 10117

• Get Costs

About Sterling Aventura

Sterling Aventura is located in Aventura, Florida, just moments from Greynolds Park and the Aventura Mall. Visitors and residents say that the facility has kind, knowledgeable staff and a homelike ambiance. Residents appreciate having a choice between staying in a cozy studio, one- or two-bedroom apartment. Visitors are impressed by the many convenient amenities offered at Sterling Aventura, such as an on-site beauty salon, exercise room and a library. The community gets plenty of praise for scheduling bingo games and piano recitals. Reviews also note the wide array of tasty food available in the dining room.

Close to 2 major hospitals, malls, dining, transportation -- Live Entertainment Daily -- Open Dining (residents can enjoy meal service anytime between 7 AM - 7 PM) -- Valet Service -- DEFICIENCY FREE SURVEY from AHCA

Map of Sterling Aventura